2»

Comments

• Options
    liquidacid29liquidacid29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    So you = DESK JOB

sorry the only aliens who want you are the little back of the neck bugs

so you have given up even the pretense of being coherent now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You want ME to be assimilated
    because YOU like the idea
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    You want ME to be assimilated
    because YOU like the idea

have you not read the posts I made?

I suggest you do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    so you have given up even the pretense of being coherent now...

I don't think he ever even pretended to be coherent.

Borg are not zombes, they are not the living dead. There is nothing in the canon about their brain being wiped, or them being incapable of sentient thought.

In fact there's several cases in canon in which they liberate Borg, including Hugh who was clearly a fully assimilated Borg drone, that was broken free of the Collective and eventually able capable of individual thought and identity.

Likewise 7 of 9 was a simple Borg Drone, who was liberated and became fully aware.

So the idea that somehow Borg drones can not be liberated after some point is completely and proven wrong. It is possible to free a Borg drone at any point, no matter how long they were drones.

sollvax you really should try reading up a little bit on these subjects before you start making sweeping statements that try to pass off opinion as fact.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Hugh and his enclave were suicides
    they were DYING by inches

Seven was Never free (she remained a drone her entire life)

Piccard went mad
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Hugh and his enclave were suicides

Not true, they were not suicides and were not dying by inches.
    Seven was Never free (she remained a drone her entire life)

Also not true.
    Piccard went mad

And... again you have no idea what you are talking about. Yes he had some issues due to his time as a Borg, he was far from being mad.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Sane people do not stop to change clothes when being chased by the borg

Hughs group DIED on mass and went slowly mad
    they then chose to die as maco/suicide troops to stop lore

Seven was assimilated Very young
    she then went on to infiltrate Voyager but Remained a Drone
    at no time was she de-assimilated
    she remained mostly non human
    and therefore remained a drone
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Sane people do not stop to change clothes when being chased by the borg

Seven was assimilated Very young
    she then went on to infiltrate Voyager but Remained a Drone
    at no time was she de-assimilated
    she remained mostly non human
    and therefore remained a drone

almost 1300 posts just like this ... give this man a special forum title or something he deserves some special recognition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I was replying to numbnuts saying you die if you get assimilated... I too think playing a still assimilated borg would be boring... and in fact you can do it already in game.. I've been "assimilated" in elite STFs... screen goes weird and the game takes over control and make you shoot at your team mates until they kill you

He said 'living dead' which isn't the same as completely and irrevocably dead. There is a difference. You are making my point. While you are taken over in that mission, you are an NPC and are stuck watching. And it is analogous to being a zombie.

ONLY "the events that take place within the live-action episodes and movies" are canon as per official statement by the IP owner... so no it's not even soft canon since the novels are not canon

That is not strictly true. CBS's official site includes a forum section for the Animated Series, and their Spock bio includes events from said series. Gene de-listed TAS during rights negotiations, but it got quietly reinstated later on. Besides the references on the official site there are also numerous references in the newer ST series.

CBS currently seems to own TAS as part of its catalogue, so that is likely what changed its status.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Hugh did not get killed in stopping Lore. So you are wrong once again. The stuff you say about 7 of 9 is so far off... Well quite frankly I have to wonder if you ever even watched the show or not. Because you clearly don't have a clue.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Hughs GROUP died on mass
    watch it again

Seven worked tirelessly
    Never had her implants removed
    and dressed like a tart
    all at the same time

she was never fully human

Borg removed from the hive mind go MAD

all this because I won't willingly BECOME borg and prefer final death to slavery

I have to wonder
    if the borg arrived here on earth RIGHT now
    would you assimilate ? or Fight?
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    kimmera wrote: »
    He said 'living dead' which isn't the same as completely and irrevocably dead. There is a difference. You are making my point. While you are taken over in that mission, you are an NPC and are stuck watching. And it is analogous to being a zombie.

did you miss this gem?
    If the Borg assimilate you , you are DEAD
    theres no coming back

This is why we have counter assimilation nanites injected into our Brains

Borg nanite + counter assimilation nanite meet and you go off like a photon torpedo

apparently he says we all have "counter assimilation nanites" so if we get assimilated we die
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Hughs GROUP died on mass

Some of that group survived, because he became the leader.

So? Spock wasn't fully human either.

She may of had some borg tech left in her, but she was fully free of the Collective, capable of independent thought and sense of identity. She was no longer a drone, period.

Some do, some don't. Given the number of liberated drone Doff's, Boffs, and characters out there, clearly not all of them do. I don't care a bit what your opinion on it is, because clearly it's canon that people can and do become free of the Collective, and do not go mad because of it. So this idea that somehow once you become assimilated means the game is over for you is quite simply and easily proven to be wrong.
    all this because I won't willingly BECOME borg and prefer final death to slavery

So?

Clearly if such a system were ever to be put into place it would have to be optional, so if you didn't want to take part you wouldn't have to. But the fact that you don't like it doesn't mean other people can't, or that such a thing shouldn't be considered. Myself I'd never take part in such a thing, unless it was a single episode type of thing, and even then I'm not sure it's worth the resources needed to make it work.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I wouldn't want to switch to all Borg, all the time.

But I would be interested in a story arc that involved your character getting assimilated and then liberated. Bonus if the reward for that arc was a bit of wearable Borg tech, and even better if it had some kind of passive buff or active ability.

Definitely non-trivial and requiring a significant intervention on Cryptic's part to make happen, but very cool.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    genericiigenericii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    HA HA! This is pretty funny, but it has some potential. Perhaps not as an all the time, get assimilated, you're stuck until someone frees you kind of thing. But it could be done as a featured episode, where the overall arc starts you as your captain, you get assimilated, do borg stuff for a bit, and then get freed from the collective by your crew. Could be cool.

Though I'm not sure what you'd do as a borg. . . ? Walk slowly, interact with console, repeat "Resistance is futile" over and over. . .

You could have them assimilate female android bridge officers. That way it gives the player something to do and it explains why the female android variants aren't in-game.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Some of that group survived, because he became the leader.

but by now are ALL dead anyway (maximum 50 year operational duration)
    Quote:

So? Spock wasn't fully human either.

no but he also wasn't a drone (except for one day when kirk used him as a puppet)

She may of had some borg tech left in her, but she was fully free of the Collective, capable of independent thought and sense of identity. She was no longer a drone, period.

Unlikely
    She remained a drone (think of her as an infiltrator unit look how many times voyager was stopped going home because of her)

Quote:
    Some do, some don't. Given the number of liberated drone Doff's, Boffs, and characters out there, clearly not all of them do

Oh yeah?
    Well I have no borg of any kind on my ships (as we are NOT assimilated) but I have seen Borg boffs in action
    one leaping into the fire pits on bajor for example
    a Female engineer officer (C store one) belonging to a friend of mine occasionally beams down without her legs and has on at least two occasions assembled a turret in mid air

As to player liberated borg some of them are VERY unstable (more than a few of them like to go around pestering the other players )
    And I saw one in incursion on monday who started off by saying "right you losers heres the plan"
    I don't care a bit what your opinion on it is, because clearly it's canon that people can and do become free of the Collective, and do not go mad because of it. So this idea that somehow once you become assimilated means the game is over for you is quite simply and easily proven to be wrong.

Over for ME
    not you
    if you can live with being a drone then fine
    But I would delete any character that went Borg
    as a kindness

Quote:

So?

So Im not saying YOU have to have counter nanites
    Im saying WE (I , me , we , us) have them
    Clearly if such a system were ever to be put into place it would have to be optional, so if you didn't want to take part you wouldn't have to. But the fact that you don't like it doesn't mean other people can't, or that such a thing shouldn't be considered. Myself I'd never take part in such a thing, unless it was a single episode type of thing, and even then I'm not sure it's worth the resources needed to make it work.:rolleyes:

it exists
    there is a mission with assimilation risk already (Q is in it too)
    When I read the description I was very very careful
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    She remained a drone (think of her as an infiltrator unit look how many times voyager was stopped going home because of her)

She was not a drone, she may of had issues, but that's quite natural because of how young she was when she was assimilated. She was no longer connected to the Collective, there for she is not a drone.
    Well I have no borg of any kind on my ships

So what? The fact that you won't doesn't mean a single thing, because you are not the only one here.
    As to player liberated borg some of them are VERY unstable

Again I ask so? There's lots of people like that, playing Humans, Orion's, Fed Klingons, pretty much every race out there. Playing a liberated borg doesn't change a thing.

However the fact that they do make liberated borg captains of star ships seems to say quite clearly that Star Fleet trusts them, and so your whole point is once again smashed into ittty bitty bits of nonsense.
    So Im not saying YOU have to have counter nanites
    Im saying WE (I , me , we , us) have them

What counter nanites? Because you quite clearly can become infected and assimilated by the Borg in the various STF's. There's even items you can get to help you fight off the infection.

Please provide a link with some semblance of proof of this counter nanite we all have.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    you aren't We
    you are you or they
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    you aren't We
    you are you or they

No, that is not grammatically correct. If you are speaking to someone and use the term we or us, you are including them in that statement.

If you say "we have anti-borg nanites" on these boards, then you are including everyone here in that statement. If you're saying only you and your characters have these nanites, then you should say that "I have them on my characters" not "We have them."