test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best way to grind recruitment xp?

cosmicdefilercosmicdefiler Member Posts: 24 Arc User
I'm having trouble finding missions to grind recruitment xp. Only missions I know of are the asylum missions but those are few and far between. Where can I find more recruitment missions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by cosmicdefiler on

Comments

• aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Spam doffgrinder/doffbreaker for hours while listening to 80s Japanese karaoke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cosmicdefilercosmicdefiler Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I know what the doffbreaker is but what is the doffgrinder?
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Doffgrinder and Doffbreaker are the same person, the 'Personal Officer' that you do your normal recruitment missions from.

You will need a VERY healthy supply of DOFFs for that to really work, and to do that, you either need to have them ahead of time, or buy them somehow. You will also need a good amount of dilithium to do this as well.

Head to the Officer at one of the Academies, and then 'Reassign Underperforming Officers, starting with Commons. It will take 10 dilithium, and 5 common DOFFs, and gives 25 recruitment exp along with one green DOFF.

Making 5 greens into a blue one, takes 50 dilithium, and gives 100 recruitment.

Making 5 blues into a single purple costs 250 dilithium, and gives 500 recruitment.

It takes 125 whites to make into 25 greens (thus needing 250 dilithium and gaining 250 recruitment), then those 25 greens into 5 blues (so it needs 250 dilithium as well, and will get you 500 recruitment xp), and then 5 blues into a single purple, also costing 250 dilithium and gaining 500 recruitment xp.

Thus, for a total of 750 dilithium, and you gain 1,250 recruitment exp and whatever purple DOFF.

Now, to de-level, or 'break' a higher level DOFF into lower level ones, you will need to go to the 'Exchange Officer' option, which doesn't need dilithium, but of course you do lose the higher level DOFF to gain 3 lower level ones. De-leveling a purple will get you 300 recruitment exp, although I can't remember the xp for the other ones atm.

Some extra points to consider:

1. If you are using a CXP boost, increase all the recruitment xp numbers by 20% to what I posted.

2. It's extremely boring and dull to do this. Not to mention expensive due to the large numbers of DOFFs you need.

3. I wouldn't recommend grinding up white refugees, and keep any DOFFs that you may need for your starbase (if you are in a fleet).

4. If you need money, sell some DOFFs, there are plenty out there which can gain you some cash. Even so, try not to bankrupt yourself on this.

5. Don't rush it, even with all your recruitment missions going, and doing the method above, it's not gonna be done very quickly.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • cosmicdefilercosmicdefiler Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for the breakdown. Expense shouldn't be too big a deal for me and I have a ton of doffs so I should be good. I've been wondering because recruitment is the one area I can't seem to make any progress on. This should help.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    A bit more lengthy, but perhaps cheaper way is to finish every colonial and diplomatic chain early on and start support assignments/officer exchanges whenever they?re ready.

Not only do support & exchanges give out exp themselves, they also provide a steady stream of refugees and purples for asylums and the grinder.

I've been doing that on every one of my new toons and recruitment along with Science is usually the first thing to cap out on each of them.
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited August 2012
    I started by doing every recruitment mission at Starfleet Academy. Once you have all of those done, rinse and repeat up and down like mimey2 said.