Mk XI and XII hand weapon fugliness

2»

Comments

• centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I agree as well.
  • groverpengroverpen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    These cell phone jammers are available at a very reasonable price. You can buy this cellular phone jammer very easily. As this service takes nominal charges on the network, so you would need to spend a little amount to get complete peace of mind when you are not willing to get disturbed.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think part of the issue is due to how bad the scaling in this game is. Some of the Weapons just have too many unnecessary parts added on, but a lot of the time, they're just too big and bulky. The Jem'Hadar rifle is a great example, because it's a relatively small rifle, yet in game, its way too oversized. The Maco sniper rifle as well (while having no canon version) is just too large of a weapon to be carrying around, especially for a sniper.

I do think that the Fleet versions of some (definitely not all though) weapons are a good size and design, but it would be nice to see the weapons in hand before buying them. A preview option would be nice, but it would just be better to let us choose visuals to get the models we want, and fit our characters better.
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think part of the issue is due to how bad the scaling in this game is. Some of the Weapons just have too many unnecessary parts added on, but a lot of the time, they're just too big and bulky. The Jem'Hadar rifle is a great example, because it's a relatively small rifle, yet in game, its way too oversized. The Maco sniper rifle as well (while having no canon version) is just too large of a weapon to be carrying around, especially for a sniper.

I do think that the Fleet versions of some (definitely not all though) weapons are a good size and design, but it would be nice to see the weapons in hand before buying them. A preview option would be nice, but it would just be better to let us choose visuals to get the models we want, and fit our characters better.

preview would be great! I bought a set of 4 fleet weapons because i wanted the looks, and i got relatively what i wanted ( the pistol grip style hand phaser aka Widebeam)
    but it was a bit of a gamble getting them

Klingon ones still have a bug though, the dual pistols are actually dual snipers
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That said, I'd like it if Cryptic took an idea from a recent MMO, The Secret World. In that game vendors sell special crafting kits that allow you to destroy a weapon you own to make another weapon look like the previous one...
    An excellent suggestion; good sir. Might I also suggest in addition (as I believe has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread) that the weapons, like armor, have an 'enable visuals' toggle which would allow folks who don't like the looks of the holographic additions to turn them off.