test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ground PvP Great News!

buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PvP Gameplay
Stealth values provided by ground abilities and items will no longer stack their values with one another.
This applies to all of the following items and abilities:
Ambush, Stealth Module, Distortion Field, from Omega 2pc Bonus, Jem'Hadar Triggered Shroud, from Jem'Hadar 2pc Bonus
Consumable Portable Shroud Generator:
This device is an exception: It will still boost existing stealth values by +50 even when used in tandem with any of the above, but will not receive its full benefit.
This change did not affect Stealth modifiers such as those provided by certain Traits or the Gamma Quadrant Tribble.

On Tribble now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited August 2012
    hey buc!

i was part of my first winning ground pvp experience the other day. i thought i was doing so horribly, but in the end turns out i did okay.

my biggest gripe was this tho, stealth kills seemed very easy to get hit by, and to pull off too. i watched this player nail me 5 times before i got his timing down. it was downhill for that guy after that.

anywho, think i may venture to the ground a little more. i need something new. glad to see them addressing what i thought was a problem that had been around for a while for the ground players. good stuff.

have fun kill bad guys
  • dublinraiderdublinraider Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Its about time.
    :)
  • guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's a hackjob of a fix, but it is an improvement, on some levels. Perfect stealth is still easily attainable via the Covert passive and Operative, but at least it's unavailable to Fire Team, now. Unfortunately, this makes all the non-Operative stealth powers completely useless - the stealth value of Omega or Ambush or Shroud, in isolation, is too low to make a player disappear even against an opponent with 0 Perception, even at 40 meters.

Here is a method that would have really worked, without making all non-Operative stealths useless:

Set stealth equal to a function of the sum of the stealth values, Stealth_sum, in the same way as damage resistance, such that it starts meeting severe diminishing returns above a Stealth_sum of 400. One such function, cribbed from the damage resistance function:

Stealth_actual = 3000*(0.25-(450/(900+Stealth_sum))^2)

This way, you can have all the stealth values on all the items, but stacking stealth above 600 is virtually impossible.
  • buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Welcome to ground Captain Horizon.