test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Put All Buffs/Debuffs in Combat Log Please!

seraphantillesseraphantilles Member Posts: 97 Arc User
PLEASE MAKE BUFFS/DEBUFFS THAT DO ZERO DAMAGE APPEAR IN THE COMBAT LOG!

PVE enemies are now using a variety of special abilities they never used to use.

And in PVP of course you can get hit with an even wider variety of spells. With all the special item sets, DOffs, reward pack items, etc., it would be very useful to be able to refer to the Combat Log to identify what hostile powers were used against you. Or, for that matter, to see why your own hostile power didn't work (what was used to counter it, or what skill stopped it, etc.).

Because I often find myself wondering, "What the hell just happened to me? How could I have countered that?"

The game already shows icons for the buffs and debuffs applied to each ship you are targeting or which is on your screen. It doesn't seem like it would be too much extra work to make the client also add that information to the combat log, since it obviously already has access to that information.

For example: I'm really tired of my ship not being able to turn or completely stopping with no idea WHY because there is no debuff icon related to engines showing, my systems are not offline, and my throttle is up (and no it's not from lag). I go thru the combat log and there is no trace of what was used against me. Etc.

I think it's only fair that players be able to see what all was done to them and what all counters the opponent used. If you are going to have a Combat Log, at least make it complete, since powers that don't do damage or healing (but instead disable subsystems or whatever) are perhaps even more important than the ones that do.
Post edited by seraphantilles on

Comments

• seraphantillesseraphantilles Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    PS -- To anyone who would say the status icons are good enough, I say: no they're not! They change too fast. You can't possibly hover your mouse and see what they are when you are being hit with 10 different debuffs in one second.