test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome to the Recruitment Home of the 88th Fleet

starknyystarknyy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Earth Spacedock
Welcome to the Recruitment Home of the 88th Fleet which is comprised of:

88th Fleet (Federation & Romulan Republic)
88th Battle Group (KDF & Romulan Republic)

DISCLAIMER: IF THE FOLLOWING SCENARIOS APPLY TO YOU, PLEASE CONSIDER ANOTHER FLEET

“I need to know what tier starbase they are before I join.”

“Why do I have to contribute to get access to fleet gear?”

“I have my chat channel profanity filter on because I don’t want to be subjected to inappropriate language.”

“I don’t have time to do that, I just join the STF then walk away to watch TV until it’s over.”

“Why don’t people like me?”

IF WE HAVEN'T SCARED YOU OFF YET, PLEASE CONTINUE

We are currently recruiting players of all ranks, skill levels, and allegiance.

We are founded on a simple philosophy

No Drama, No Egos, No BS

Who We Are

The 88th was founded in August, 2011. We have watched other fleets come and go. We have seen friends come and go. We have taken individual breaks so that grinding reputation systems don’t end up with us on the evening news ☺. We are not the largest fleet in the game, nor do we aspire to be. We are a group of friends who enjoy playing Star Trek Online together. We all mainly live in North America, in various time zones, with various backgrounds. We enjoy hanging out and making fun of each other, accomplishing goals in game and in life. We have never met each other in person, but we all end up spending our time in game playing various missions and having fun. These factors are very important to us and this is not something we are willing to compromise on. To survive in the 88th, you have to have a healthy sense of humor combined with a good attitude. We are not politically correct, nor are we a "G" rated fleet, so if this is something you don't wish to deal with, or you are easily offended, or if you are just looking for fleet gear without putting in the work, we are not the right fleet for you.

What We Stand For

We strive to be one of the most respected fleets/groups on any game that we play or any community we are a part of. To accomplish this, we respect our fellow gamers both in and out of the fleet, as well as other fleets in game. Actions which reflect poorly on the 88th will not be tolerated

What We Do

The 88th is a fleet that is comprised of different players, so thus we all have different play
styles and preferences. Do you prefer PVE over PVP, or vice versa? Do you play Federation only, KDF only, or Romulan only? Our gameplay is Casual, PVE, STF, Fleet Action, Fleet Mark Grinding, PVP, and whatever else is available to us.

What We Require
Minimum age requirement: 21+. We do not want to receive hails from your Mom because we kept you up late. However, hails from the wife will be directed to their respective husband. No hiding in your ready room!

Voice Server: We use Gamevox (Mumble) as our voice service. While it is not required that you be on voice every day, our membership wants it's players to use voice chat as our primary means of communication.

Team Players: If you are running group missions you will be required to work as a team. It severely diminishes that enjoyment of the game for others to lose a mission or objective because you can't follow direction.

Website Registration: Our website is a tool for communication outside the game and for scheduling in game events, however there are no activity requirements for the website. (This is paid for by fleet members so we hope that you would use it of course.)

How to Contact/Apply

Contact one of our members in game for an invite, or go to www.88th.guildlaunch.com and complete our 1 minute application.
Post edited by starknyy on

Comments

• starknyystarknyy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Reserved for future
    edited August 2012
    Reserved for Future
    edited August 2012
    Reserved for future
    edited August 2012
    Reserved for future
  • pbjunky999pbjunky999 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Great group of people to game with. I left the fleet once when they changed direction and joined one of the "super" fleets. I learned real quick that I had left something special.
  • daemonseraphdaemonseraph Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've been with these guys for awhile now and they rock! They're down to earth, no drama and funny! Great to run with and always up for missions, offering help - great for newbs, grinding and senior players alike... you'll rarely find a more awesome group of down-to-earth fun guys to play with!

Try out the 88th and come visit in Mumble (voice), you won't regret it!

- Cy

---
    Star Trek Online - 88th Fleet
    http://88th.guildlaunch.com
    - Cy

---
  • bumpy3bumpy3 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So glad to be with a Fleet with NO DRAMA. 88th is a fun , helpful Fleet.
    edited August 2012
    Contact us on our website or in game today. If you want to visit us on our voice chat to see if the 88th is right for you, hit us up for a trial run. New fleet content/ships available as well.
  • vlhadvlhad Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    who do we contact in game about wanting to join up?
    edited August 2012
    Easiest way is to go to our website www.88th.guildlaunch.com

The in-game list is here:

@NYY = Me :D
    @LUMPY1
    @Xelax
    @pbjunky
    @veryl
    @exia.templar
    @TERMINATOR2010
    @xNAILSx
    @Daemon.Seraph
    edited August 2012
    As hinted at prior, players are also welcome to play with us and run an STF or two to hang with everyone and get a feel for the fleet. We believe in "try before you buy" and won't pressure anyone - ever. (Our only requirement is to use Mumble for voice so you can get to meet everyone.)
    - Cy

---
  • gemackgemack Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I just put in an application via the fleet website......hope to see you all soon :).

NT
    edited August 2012
    gemack wrote: »
    I just put in an application via the fleet website......hope to see you all soon :).

NT

Your application has been approved! I sent you an email through our website with more info.

Welcome to the 88th!
  • preston02preston02 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There is no better fleet if you want fun with NO Drama!
    edited August 2012
    Welcome aboard Gemack! Look forward to running with you soon!
    - Cy

---
    edited August 2012
    Had fun running the elite STFs last night with everyone. Looking forward to more tonight.
    edited August 2012
    Not sure if I'm going to get the new Regent or not. Seems like alot of zen.
    edited August 2012
    Glad to have a place to call home. Looking forward to more Starbase runs for Marks. Love to get a few more people on board to get to the next tier. GREAT run on " No Win", we'll nail it yet.
    edited August 2012
    Stark, Get the ship. It would be nice to blow you up in something new. lol . We get some new people in here, then they get to make you go boom. I can see it now, " All new members, line up and blow the fleet leader up. " Just kidding, your one of the best players in the game. Nice to have a fleet leader who knows what there talking about. But, if we do blow you up, do we still get a shirt ?
    edited August 2012
    LOL. I have a dusty box in storage full of the "I KILLED STARK" t shirts if you can earn one. Just kidding. I did have a question for you though, how did you get a big red target on your ship? I've never seen that as an option in the ship editor?
    edited August 2012
    Big Red Target you say, Hmmmm......... Nice. One of the reasons that I have stayed with these guys is simple, they are completely nuts. ( no pun there) The fact fact that they are blind, just adds that next level fun. To be fair, there was a time when my 6 year old flew a beached whale of a ship. She caught me in TRIBBLE gas then blew me up. Sure she got a time out for it, not sure why everyone thinks I'm squishy. lol
    edited August 2012
    No pun, no pun at all, nothing to see here, move along...

I'm just sorry that we didn't get video of your daughter destroying your Assault Cruiser with her TOS Enterprise. Mk II Phasers [Common] can be deadly in the right hands against a VA ship lol.
    edited August 2012
    Im glad to see new players coming to the fleet. Lets see if we can find a few more.:D
    edited August 2012
    Having alot of fun building the new starbase, love seeing it take shape
    edited August 2012
    Grinding fleet marks is much easier when you get more than normal...gotta love Fleet Week!
    edited August 2012
    Hey 88th, just a heads up. We have a meeting tonight at 10:00pm (EST). Looking forward to a good turn out. Going to take a group photo in the new fleet uniforms on the starbase when Preston gets on. Looking forward also, to having a good run on the fleet marks events.

See everyone there.

Mark a.k.a. (Bumpy3)
    edited August 2012
    Sounds good I'll be there. Lets make sure to dress Stark up so he wont break the camera this time. :P
    edited August 2012
    Hey! Upgrade to digital...those old wind ups are not reliable.
    edited August 2012
    only when your in the picture.
    edited August 2012
    Feeling the love here.