test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The issue with the 10m Bank limit and people calling me a scammer.

sfan85sfan85 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Ok, so here goes. This has happened 3 times to me:

Someone advertising to sell a ship on Earth Space Dock (ships are usually going for a price of 10+million ECs). Than we do a pm-based trade and than meet somewhere to trade - ship for ECs. I pay the ECs and see

[System] [NumericLost] You lost XX,TRIBBLE,TRIBBLE Energy Credits

Than the other guy tells me that he's only got 8 millions. It's obvious that he did not unlock the bank limitations. But still - I did lose the ECs. I am not sure if this is a bug or not (i don't think so ) But i do believe that this mechanism is flawed in a sense that a new player expects much more Ecs than he really gets.

Of course I could just walk away never talk to that player again. But it gives the "scammed"party a very bad feeling. My suggestion would be that cryptic makes such trades impossible with an approchiate notification message, so the player doesn't feel scammed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Its not your fault, its that guys for not buying the EC cap increase. You obviously did pay that agreed upon amount bevause the other guy must have seen it in the trade window before he pushes accept, and due to the fact you lost the EC. Just tell him sadly that any EC you gain above the 10m cap is lost if you didn't buy the cap increase beforehand.

It is obvious to anyone who understands how the game works that you are not the scammer, you did your part, you keep the ship. The lost EC is that guys problem, not yours.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Agreed with marc8219. THou I also think there should be a warning or a prevention in place, so that trades aren't made, that could have a negative impact on the receiving end of the trade (such as trading too much credits).
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    orelbitinorelbitin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    how do you sell a ship in esd
    captain jane way:MR PARIS GET US OUT OF HERE MAXIMUM WARP!!!
    PARIS:aye captain*clicks two buttons*
    COMPUTER:♪ a mountain targ is as free as a mountain bird ♪
    PARIS: sorry wrong buttons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    orelbitin wrote: »
    how do you sell a ship in esd

Some ships come in boxes and can be sold that way so long as you haven't used them.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • Options
    darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    After the first time, you would think you would ask them if they have the EC Cap unlocked before making anymore of these sort of deals since you say it has happened to you three times already.
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Keep in mind the person could also be attempting to scam you into feeling bad and giving them something back. Possibly the ship or claiming to have unlocked the limit right then and there, hoping you'll give them more EC.

As darknessmuta stated, check before you trade with them if their cap is unlocked.