test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Shared Bank

Comments

• linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If we are not able to move our stf items from one avatar to another (making them bound to account), the account banking system is plainly not worth the investment. 1,000 zen ($10) for this? No thanks. I will wait and see what comes next.

99.9% of the items I have are 'bound to character', so I would be just throwing away $10.

I will look for another service to make an investment.
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited August 2012
  • triptych91triptych91 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    zulisvel wrote: »

Totally Agree :)
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Repeated because its true.

One dollar for one empty and tiny piece of digital space.

Its a joke.
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    -redacted, wrong thread-
    hmm pay $15 and sub for a month to get 20 slots and all the perks that go along with having 1 month gold, or pay $10 for 10 slots.

First $7 ev suits for a single character now this. Price point fail.

I'm legitimately concerned some folks in marketing/ accounting need to be drug tested.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I couldn't have expressed it better myself.

Too expensive. Not gonna purchase.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Are you serious? 1000 Zen for 10 account shared bank slots? Are you nuts? :eek:
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    szim wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMxHBfPQgtE
    So, if I am a F2P player (which I am not), I can pay $20 for 20 Account Bank slots OR I can pay $15 and get 20 Account Bank slots AND all the other Gold perks... Let me see.... I think I'll go with option #2

How STUPID!!!
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    They are getting completely mad with the prices these weeks. :rolleyes:
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Heck, go gold for a month, get 20 shared slots and a stipend besides.
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    LOL WUT? :eek::confused::eek::D
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Eh, the account bank slots are a wee ridiculous in price, I won't deny and I do wish it wasn't so high, but...

It is an ACCOUNT unlock.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • dwhornetdwhornet Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    10$ != microtransaction.
    10 d?lares no microtransacci?n igualdad
    10塊錢不等於道具收費
    10 долларов не равна microtransaction
    10 dollars n'est pas ?gale microtransaction

Maybe this will help if their universal translator is broke.
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    szim wrote: »

I am just curious at what price the Regent will come out.
    I guess the account wide unlock will be 5000 Zen, the character unlock will be 2500 Zen :eek:

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You do realize that account wide unlocks are cheaper over on Champions Online. Why are they practically double the price of theirs?

1 Shared Bank slots = 25 Zen
    5 Shared Bank Slots = 120 Zen
    10 Shared Bank slots = 250 Zen
    20 Shared bank slots = 450 zen
  • obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You do realize that account wide unlocks are cheaper over on Champions Online. Why are they practically double the price of theirs?

Perfect constructive feedback. There needs to be some uniformity between the two games for similar items and perks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I was wondering when someone would start a thread about this absurdity. I popped into the C-Store earlier this afternoon, to check on the price of additional ship slots and immediately noticed that they had finally added the 'Account Shared Bank Slots'. Then I noticed their price and exclaimed "Crackheads!!!".

I had been anticipating these 'Account Shared' inventory slots for some time now and had even been highly vocal in asking for them. I went so far as buying up a bevy of of C-Points (prior to the conversion to Zen), in anticipation of these slots hitting the store.

Yet, there's absolutely no way and no how that one can sanely justify selling, let alone buying these things for $1 per slot! And $40 for a Silver player to maximize their allotment of these slots.

These people need to get real with setting their prices, or they're going to price themselves out of business.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I've never played Champions Online and likely never will. Yet, those slot prices I can get behind! In fact, I had been imagining that the STO slots would be similarly priced, instead of the mad offer the C-Store folks dropped today. At the prices mentioned by TrekkieMelissa, I would gladly have snapped up my maximum allotment of 40 slots for 900 zen. Nine dollars makes for a reasonable proposition. Asking for forty dollars screams of delusional greediness.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I knew they had them, which is why I pointed to it out.

Just for reference of where I found them, its here http://co.perfectworld.com/cstore
    It is under services. For 10 slots, that is 4X the price. I would have thought it would be close and we would be able to get more than 40 slots total.
  • tcbys1tcbys1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    PWE/Crypitic your prices are stupid.

Make it 100 Zen for 5 spots sounds good. Considering most items are bound.
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Did It really take that much coding to convert it from Champions Online to STO?
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    An incredible amount of Zen for something that isn't of much use. The only real advantage of the account bank is an easy way to transfer EC between toons, but everyone already has access to that after going gold for a month (which every sane person should have done, considering there are ways to get 30 days of playtime for <$1).

For 1,000 Zen you can almost get 4 new characters, which in will add up to 792 additional inventory slots (2,328 slots if you create a fleet with each one of them...).
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    if some people read the notes. they would see that they made certain uncommon and above items account bound. which means you can transfer items from one toon to another even though the first toon already equipped it.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    methos71 wrote: »
    I've never played Champions Online and likely never will. Yet, those slot prices I can get behind! In fact, I had been imagining that the STO slots would be similarly priced, instead of the mad offer the C-Store folks dropped today. At the prices mentioned by TrekkieMelissa, I would gladly have snapped up my maximum allotment of 40 slots for 900 zen. Nine dollars makes for a reasonable proposition. Asking for forty dollars screams of delusional greediness.

The lack of stuffs in the C store explain those stupid prices.The manager probably thinks the sto players are in top 300 forbes and will support the reduced number of things in the c store.
  • claransaclaransa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thank you Cryptic and PWE, I can finally pool all my crafting materials in one place, for all my toons. Thank you also for putting access to the account bank inside every ship.

Keep up the good work.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This is a total rip off Cryptic. I say again:

We understand you're a business and have to make money, but do you have to rip off your customers to do it?

Really are you trying to kill this game off? I will stick with the 20 Free bank slots but seriously this should be a free feature to start with and not another greedy cash grab. You should be able to access all characters banks for all characters to start with. :rolleyes:
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    is it just me or lately does it seem the cstore has a typo in it too many 0 on the prices of the new items
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]