test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Issues paying for the subscription

rmackiermackie Member Posts: 97 Arc User
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone else was having issues that last few months paying for their subscription. I am not sure if it is my card or not, and I am waiting for a 3-4 day ticket (assuming they get back to me in that time frame) to see what is going on. But since the changeover whenever I try to use my credit card to renew my subscription I get an error processing message, doesn't say why. I have the funds on my card, and i have used the card for sto since 2010, so i am not sure if it is pwe that doesn't like that card or not, any suggestions?

Also when i go to reactivate my subscription (Manually put through a payment) it says I have playtime until August 17, 2012, does anyone know what that means?
Commanding Officer USS Intrepid

Commanding Officer USS Frontenac

Commanding Officer Enterprise NX-01
Post edited by rmackie on

Comments

• Options
    captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yea i had simaler problems i finally had to use paypal and it solved my problems
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There were threads about PWE's processor Money Bookers and so many fraud alerts about them that banks refuse to let their cards be used by MB. So as the previous person said, you might have to go the Paypal route.

Or to extend the 30 days, if you haven't bought a version of the game (CE, DDE, or normal), you can add one of those keys to your account and it will give 30 days. It can be done once per type. Like 1 CE, 1 DDE, and 1 normal copy for a max of 90 days between the three.

DDE's are still sold at Best Buy's site for 15 dollars.

CE's and normals can be obtained in a number of places.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I will call the Bank of Montreal, who issued my credit card and see what is going on if there is an issue on their end, I have also talked to a friend, and they might try to reactivate my account with their card and see if there is an issue there.

I am aslo waiting to hear on the ticket response, though that might be a day or two to hear back. Frustrating PWE doesn't have a phone number to talk to a living a person.

What worries me the most is the Play time until August 17, 2012 message that is on 'My Account' page on the main STO site....I am pretty sure i haven't done nothing wrong, but i don't know if my account is being suspended...as my status says inactive, and a friends who cancelled their status says 'cancelled' this is all very confusing

• Options
    kar1972kar1972 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Register your credit card with paypal, and every month your game gets billed. Never had a problem with that, still, I do not live in the States or Canada. I live in Portugal, Europe, so I do not know how the banks policies work over there.

Still, paypal is the way to go.
    SFX Fleet Captain Kar
    Me on the Web
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I initially had issues as i was paying with a canadian credit card from Korea when the game first launched, got that sorted out, everything has been fine, i have been paying with my Bank of Montreal card for the last 2 years+ it has only been since PWE did the account linking that there has been an issue, as i said it is not a big deal since the game is prepaid, it just that message on my account 'Play Until August 17, 2012' that has me worried

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Okay I managed to get it through by re inputting my credit card details, but now it says Next Billing Date is August 17, I really hope that isn't the case, as they just took my money for this month, and a weeks worth of play isn't worth 15.44. ..I have a ticket it...but they seem not want to get back to me in a timely fashion lately, any suggestions on what to do in this case?

I also didn't get the 500 zen stipend, this is becoming a frustration, to no end...