Options

Beam out FX

2»

Comments

• Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    eazzie wrote: »
    Just want to see what the general concensus was to an idea I have.

We can customise uniforms, comm badges, rank pips, bridges etc. Beam out FX has changed over the Star Trek years. So as we are able to customise uniforms to Kirk's era etc. Would players like to have a choice of beam out FX too.

If you like this idea why don't we suggest it to the Devs.

I would LOVE this idea... especially the flip open comm. Always hated that whole Comm badge idea... looked stupid to me from the start...
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I dont like the idea of custom Transporter effects.

BUT, i think in some situations it would make sense.

For example when beaming to DS9, they always used Cardassian Transporter Effects on that Station.

The Transporters of the Intrepid and Galaxy Class could look like the Show.
    It is getting really interesting if you take the LockBox, Dominion, Cardassian and Ferengi Ships they should give you the appropriate Effect, unless you beam of ESD from that Transporter Pad.

What i'm saying is, don't make it dependent on the user, but on the attached Transporter that is currently transporting you.

I see this more like a story telling device, something Foundry Authors should be able to use for sure.
    If i beam down a bunch of Borg NPC's they should use a Borg Transporter effect (and in that case it should be customizable because i might choose to redress them NPC's to look like something entirely else), if i beam them Borgs out into Space with my Ship it should use the [My Ship]-Transporter effect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]