test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Red Squad - Cadet Training Squadron 47

defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Federation Discussion
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Red_Squad

Red Squad or Cadet Training Squadron 47 was an elite group of cadets at Starfleet Academy. Red Squad members received special classes and advanced field training.
[snip]
For eight months, Red Squad carried out the missions assigned to the Valiant, until, on stardate 51825, the Valiant engaged a Dominion battleship prototype. The ship was lost, with only three survivors ? one Red Squad cadet among them, Dorian Collins. (DS9: "Valiant")

Another post had brought up the fact that Sol System content would be real cool and I'd commented on a training acadamy. Then I thought of this from TNG.

In STF's, we all know newcomers [n:eek::eek:bs] to team-play late game are ill prepared, whether it be character build, ship build, or mission tactics. RTS-47 would offer accolades for completion of storyline based content which incorporates education in all 3 areas. Imagine seeing someone coming into CSE with the title: Red Squad Leader. I'd fly with em anyday.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
Post edited by defcon1776 on

Comments

• hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    defcon1776 wrote: »
    Imagine seeing someone coming into CSE with the title: Red Squad Leader. I'd fly with em anyday.

I wouldn't becuase I thought that Red Squad was a bunch of idiots, what with the whole being involved in an attempted coup and the Valiant stupidity.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My sentiments exactly...

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    :oThe main point is, is that players are ill prepared for STFs and team play in general. Team play should start earlier in a career if nothing else.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • cavaduscavadus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Lore aside this is a good idea. Until I joined the EliteSTF channel I was pugging elite STFs and the amount of numbskulls I came across who couldn't even remodulate or heal wounds was staggering.

More instruction is required and at earlier levels. This would achieve that so +1.
  • losoballosobal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The irony being that Red Squad ended up being poorly prepared for actual 'team play' and got themselves all killed, well, all but one :)

The blond xo was hawt though.
  • captainmarvelushcaptainmarvelush Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I started out, once I hit VA, doing only Normal STF's till I acquired enough EDC's to equip my ship with the Borg setup and all Mark XI weapons. After that, I felt I was ready to enter into the Elite version, without being a hindrance to those who were more experienced than I was. Since then, I only do the Elite, as the rewards are better and, in reality, it's not that much more difficult than Normal.
    That being said, I would gladly participate in a "Training Academy" for STF's, if for no other reason than to improve my abilities and to be able to better help the team I'm with. I don't consider myself all that good at STF's, though I normally survive them and would appreciate the extra training that this Academy would provide.

~ Cap
    Captain of the Thunder and the Lightning

46cq7exrnlgb.jpg