test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anybody else wanna see these in a new costume set?

johnnyjohnny1969johnnyjohnny1969 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Ten Forward

Comments

• tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sorry, but no. This is a game for Star Trek fans, not Star Trek fanservice.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    tharkan wrote: »

Not to argue, but even Gene would disagree with you. You do remember the scene of half clothed Orion women dancing? Or any of the "dresses" that some of the women wore in TOS? All his idea.
  • goedzooigoedzooi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Or a pig)

Sorry if my English is bad.
  • thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Trek makes Latex only look half as good, as it is :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Not to argue, but even Gene would disagree with you. You do remember the scene of half clothed Orion women dancing? Or any of the "dresses" that some of the women wore in TOS? All his idea.

True, but those were good ideas, ideas that make sense in the story of the show.

Latex uniforms do not make sense except for fanservice, and when was the last time fanservice actually added anything to the story of a show?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Are those actual people in costumes? It's hard for me to tell from those photos... it looks almost like statues.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    WOWZAH!!!! :eek: (I mean, besides the obvious photoshop in there. :P )

But alas, I am not a fan of Latex. I'd much rather have the lovely ladies in my Siggy.

[Tangent]Does the black haired girl have a tattoo on her foot?!?! Ouch..... O_e [/Tangent]
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    No thanks.
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited August 2012

QFT. Not a fan of latex for cosplay either.
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Really? Some of the costume items available, as well as the baseline Orion outfit options, suggest otherwise.

PS: Those outfits and the website name reminded me of this picture:

http://i.imgur.com/TyQP8.jpg
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
    edited August 2012
    aesica wrote: »
    PS: Those outfits and the website name reminded me of this picture:

http://i.imgur.com/TyQP8.jpg

What if said (person) could name all Kamen Riders in order of appearance? Would it count then? :P
  • lmrtlmrt Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yuxtapuestoelmono, not "Lmrt"
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited August 2012
    Rubber ain't my bag, man.
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited August 2012

Yep, Gene was a Meat Man!
  • harryquinnharryquinn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What if said (person) could name all Kamen Riders in order of appearance? Would it count then? :P

I think that one would have to devolve into the extensively exhausting Nerd/Geek/Dork argument, which would take away from my extensive desire to have that TOS uniform adaptation hanging in my wardrobe before the end of the week. Or at least before a certain convention in Piscataway, New Jersey starts, which might be a more manageable goal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ok who let Quark design the new uniforms??
    Live long and Prosper
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Heh. Great uniform for exploring all those strange new worlds, so long as they aren't hot or humid or require a lot of moving.

And yet, lets be honest, it'd be a top seller. How many Mirrorverse-miniskirt-and-thighboot uniforms do you see around ESD?
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I admit to investing in the mirror universe options (i wanted the dagger for the men)
    Live long and Prosper
    edited August 2012

Does it count if i use google?
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Amen to that! Once heard an interview with Roddenberry where he mentioned that he had often been accused of portraying women as sex objects. An accusation which he proudly confirmed. But he said it was okay. He wasn't sexist. He often portrayed men as sex objects as well heheheh (in fact he said he'd been a sex object, on occasion, himself and it was great fun!) :P

Remember, Nature designed us to engage in sex as both a PROcreational as well as a RECreational activity - don't knock it if ya ain't tried it - :cool:
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Um... those uniforms... look uncomfortable to wear... I don't like the idea of wearing an all rubber skintight suit. You could overheat if you wear it long enough...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
    edited August 2012
    lomax6996 wrote: »
    Amen to that! Once heard an interview with Roddenberry where he mentioned that he had often been accused of portraying women as sex objects. An accusation which he proudly confirmed. But he said it was okay. He wasn't sexist. He often portrayed men as sex objects as well heheheh (in fact he said he'd been a sex object, on occasion, himself and it was great fun!) :P

Remember, Nature designed us to engage in sex as both a PROcreational as well as a RECreational activity - don't knock it if ya ain't tried it - :cool:

Remember, sexism and admiring the goods are very different things. :D
    Does it count if i use google?

No.
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Actually, as far as those outfits are concerned, the only thing I dislike is the tight pants + shoes look. So ugly. Skin-tight pants REQUIRE boots! Latex itself is cool, although it gets a bad rap thanks to close-minded people who associate it with "bad sinful sexual deviants" or something ridiculous like that.

Or they're allergic, in which case their dislike is totally warranted.
    I have no idea who or what those are, so if they're something obscure and underground...then yeah, I'd retract the bear pic for the person in question. ;)
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif