test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

klingon npcs

redfriarredfriar Member Posts: 31 Arc User
In the new fleet missions, it seems the klingons are by far the worst enemies to face. You come at them and your forward shields are just immediately gone; weapon and engine power are also just gone even with full resists... my Tholian torpedoes can't even do that (I'm assuming this is for potential balance issues. :rolleyes: hmm...). Some of the larger vessels appear to be firing volleys of transphasics that just destroy everything no matter what you are doing to heal and harden a friendly.

I'm glad that there is a challenge, but it's just sad that if you see klingon ships in the fleet mission then you know it will be painful. It kinda lends to the idea of klingons being overpowered.
Post edited by redfriar on

Comments

• Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In the new fleet missions, it seems the federation are by far the worst enemies to face. You come at them and you get shut down with PSW spam. Once you recover from the stuns you realize your weapons have been knocked offline. Anything deployable from turrets to fighters are instantly swept from space by the insane amount of aoe going on, presumably from point defense.

Kinda weird innit? I wish they WERE players we'd have an easier time of it. First off, half of them would afk. One quarter would warp out and the remaining quarter would QQ in zone chat about the rest of em.

Anyways, they all have their tough bits. I think the worst is Rival KDF. The Isometric Charge is still pretty stunning.

Cheers and good luck.
  • Options
    redfriarredfriar Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm not sure I understand the need for mockery. I love how any suggestion that klingons might be over powered invites such animosity. A 4 second disable and repel is hardly comparable to loosing facing shields, shields as well as all heals and hardens being entirely irrelevant on the friendly target you are trying to protect and a simultaneous complete engine and weapons power drain. That seems kinda excessive. I don't really get the transphasic buff that occurred recently in general. Fully stacked, they were already highly effective. And what exactly is it that the klingons are using that is able to completely drain all engine and weapons power?

The only thing remotely comparable to the incidents of klingons with unstoppable transphasics is one incident I had with orion pet spam growing to ridiculous numbers, as they don't really warp out with the rest of their fleet in starbase blockade.
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Especialy fun when KDF tops off the "system knockout" with jam sensors. I become a tactical paperweight . . . with sparkles!

I survived though (barely), even though I only have generic shields: Covariant mk XI [cap]x2