test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Has Anyone else...

vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
completely lost the will or want to play this game?

Or is it just me lol.

Just a general question.. Ive been playing now 650+ days.. on and off, and this starbase stuff just seems SOO muchhh like another job lol.. why cant we atleast transfer fleet credits.. so I can not play the same damn toon day in and day out to get enough points for a ship.

Sigh.
:eek:
Post edited by vinru821 on

Comments

• Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm heading that way, after a few weeks of enjoying the new content I'm just beginning to bore of it, gonna try playing in moderation so I don't bore of it completely before the good stuff comes in Series 7
  • Options
    radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's felt that way for awhile for me. The only thing that keeps me going is ground PvP, and that's pretty much been dying off lately. It's either form a premade or die against other premades, and then the queues die for a few hours. And now with that stupid cryo pulsewave that no one aside from Andorians has any resistance to, it's just not fun anymore.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have grown bored of hundreds of games over the years. Some I returned to, others I only go back and visit sporadically. There's nothing wrong with getting burned-out on a game and needing a prolonged break.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I used to take breaks from STO; however, I've been on an STO binge since getting a new computer back at the end of 2011. Most other games, though, I'll rotate around...Civilization, Total War, Halo, SimCity, Battlefield, etc. With this game the key is to have projects you're working towards, new things you're trying out, new ships you're playing with, and finding specific things that are fun for you to do and that you are good at or are challenging yourself in. Being part of a good fleet is a plus too.

But yeah. Nothing wrong with taking breaks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I keep thinking to myself that I gotta get back into the game one of these days...

I haven't played in almost a month now.

Everytime I have a chance to actually do so, I end up just reading a bunch of stuff here and then moving on to read/do other things on the net...

It's not that the conversation here is driving me away, I just think I'm getting turned off by the direction the game has taken since going F2P.

Maybe I'm bored with it or just burnt out, I'm not really sure...

The same thing happened to me with SWG, of course that games drastic change, probably was more of a mitigating factor.

I've been thinking lately that maybe I should start a new STO Toon, but I'm not sure I can afford to anymore.

Heh...,

...Funny how things seemed a lot more fun/easier when all I had to do was make sure my $14.00 Monthly Payment had been made...

...oh well...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Honestly, I usually have a cycle of games I play. until yesterday I was just going through the motions on STO but not really playing it. S6 didn't really do much to me, especially after the announcement that missions would be limited time only. It gave me no reason to bother trying.

But I had fun this week, mainly because I stopped thinking about star bases and grinding and instead enjoyed the fact that my fleet is active again. Played a PvP match yesterday with some low level players and had a blast.

You just have to look in the right places I guess. But I will probably get bored again in about a month as new content stops coming and I move on to something else, probably Sim City.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • Options
    boorman73boorman73 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What's coming in season 7?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    boorman73 wrote: »
    What's coming in season 7?
    The only thing I've heard so far is this:
    Then, in Season 7, we will be introducing a new sector, as well as a variety of missions related to it. That variety may include a full range of mission you would normally find associated with a Sector along with perhaps even new types of missions. For more details on that content, you?ll have to wait until we are closer to Season 7.

There's also going to be some changes to STFs, based on the Ask Cryptic comments.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited August 2012
    I couldn't play the game at all over the weekend, because I went to an anime convention instead.

I come home on Sunday and find out that they nerfed the fleet mark farming... Now, I'm wondering if I should even keep leveling up my new engineer. Is there anything left to get out of it, now that they've restricted the last thing us players can do to help make any form of progress in this game?
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anthonyxmas1anthonyxmas1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    vinru821 wrote: »
    Has anyone else ... completely lost the will or want to play this game?

Not me. I keep wanting to play every day as many features and missions of the game as I can, including advancing all my characters in the duty officer system, and now, building fleet starbases.

I have been playing non-stop nearly every day since STO officially launched. I did take a slight break for a week to try Champions Online, but then I got right back into STO :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I flip flop between Star Trek Online, Champions Online, Rusty Hearts, and ****.
    Skyrim helps though.
  • Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Monogamy is for the real Star Trek fans.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Admittedly I play less than I used too in the past due to a lack of desire.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Monogamy is for the real Star Trek fans.
    Since I routinely play a dozen different MMOs I guess that makes me the Mormon Trekker. :)
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited August 2012
    Season 6 hasn't done anything for me. I found a great bunch of fellas that are almost all in fleets. A couple of times I grinded the new tholian missions with them and got some good info on my ship build. It was mostly fun, I got a few fleet marks. But, I'm not in a fleet.

Plus, for some reason, in the past week or so I have had stupid problems with rubber banding and lag. I've been able to launch, but when I do there are times when it looks like I load in- and the trays are empty. Then there's the times when it looks like I loaded, the trays are full, but none of the buttons on the DOFF or inventory screens work. I just have to sit there for five minutes to let it stop lagging or boot me off when I transfer maps.

Believe it or not the tailor bug is potentially the straw that broke the camels back.
    I've been focusing on Cure Ground with my Klingon alt because I want the Mk XII KHG armor set. All I need in the Proto gun tech. But, with the bug, there's no point. If I can't use the tailor to display the set visuals, there's no point in trying to get the whole set.
  • Options
    kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I play in a small fleet and at first the new starbase stuff was exciting but reality has been setting in at just how much of an ungodly grind it will be. Had some fun on tholian world, but with nerfs to that and the realization of the grind ahead of us for building the base up, my interest in spending hours playing has once again passed.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have. I'm just burned out on the endless grind, and that fact we still don't have our android variants.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    kandorous wrote: »
    I play in a small fleet and at first the new starbase stuff was exciting but reality has been setting in at just how much of an ungodly grind it will be. Had some fun on tholian world, but with nerfs to that and the realization of the grind ahead of us for building the base up, my interest in spending hours playing has once again passed.

This is starting to be my feeling too.

I lead a small fleet of around 20 and we did a great job getting up to Tier I, but now the stretch of resources before us is beyond daunting and my excitement and motivation to play is being sapped very quickly. There's just way too much grinding for what amounts to little reward.

Do this for that, do this for that, do this for that, contribute, enjoy some plants, repeat ad nauseum.

Not sure how long I'll last.
  • Options
    xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited August 2012
    completely lost the will or want to play this game?

Or is it just me lol.

Just a general question.. Ive been playing now 650+ days.. on and off, and this starbase stuff just seems SOO muchhh like another job lol.. why cant we atleast transfer fleet credits.. so I can not play the same damn toon day in and day out to get enough points for a ship.

Sigh.

When it went F2P and our Overlords shoved their will down our throats and snatched our wallets...

I only drop by from time to time to help my fleet and see some friends; I mainly play TOR..but it is going F2P too so I might leave that if it goes PWE all over again...but compared to PWE I think EA has more of a soul then our dear leaders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    xenor002 wrote: »
    When it went F2P and our Overlords shoved their will down our throats and snatched our wallets...

I only drop by from time to time to help my fleet and see some friends; I mainly play TOR..but it is goign F2P too so I might leave that if it goes PWE all over again...but compared to PWE I think EA has more of a soul them our dear leaders.

I will definitely be checking out TOR when its F2P.

guess it's time to branch out huh? Maybe this game will be better in 3 months lol
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Not me. I keep wanting to play every day as many features and missions of the game as I can, including advancing all my characters in the duty officer system, and now, building fleet starbases.

I have been playing non-stop nearly every day since STO officially launched. I did take a slight break for a week to try Champions Online, but then I got right back into STO :)

well you have an addiction. I will recommend you to a rehab.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited August 2012
    I am just bored of having to grind the same damn missions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!

It has gone from being a fun game to a second job that is no longer fun. When the reward is less and the grind is longer, fun is the last thing on anybodies mind.....
  • Options
    mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    radkip wrote: »
    It's felt that way for awhile for me. The only thing that keeps me going is ground PvP, and that's pretty much been dying off lately. It's either form a premade or die against other premades, and then the queues die for a few hours. And now with that stupid cryo pulsewave that no one aside from Andorians has any resistance to, it's just not fun anymore.

This .
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    anthonyxmas1anthonyxmas1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    well you have an addiction...

Yes, I do. Gotta keep playing and playing and playing and playing ... :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    anthonyxmas2anthonyxmas2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Yes, I do. Gotta keep playing and playing and playing and playing ... :)
  • Options
    anthonyxmas3anthonyxmas3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Yes, I do. Gotta keep playing and playing and playing and playing ... :D

;)