test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Another Feature Bites The Dust

robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
So, it would seem we can no longer fire our personal weapons in our ship interiors. What justification is Pay to Win Entertainment using to explain this decision? Were they afraid people were spending too much time playing and not enough time grinding?
Post edited by robertcrayven on

Comments

• obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Are you sure they weren't just eliminating a bug that allowed players to harass other players in public areas like ESD?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Are you sure they weren't just eliminating a bug that allowed players to harass other players in public areas like ESD?

You could only fire your weapons on your ship interior, not ESD.

Fire extinquishers and the like still can be used to harass people on ESD.

EDIT: Apparently you can still use weapons on ship interiors IF AND ONLY IF you do not have any other windows open (such as inventory, bank, etc). Weirdness. Either it's a botched attempt to disable them or a bug.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I freely admit that roleplaying is something that goes over my head and i will never understand the attraction, but what exactly were you doing on your ship that requires firing a weapon in the first place?

there is nothing to aim at except each other and why in a roleplaying environment would you shoot other starfleet officers?
    edited July 2012
    I freely admit that roleplaying is something that goes over my head and i will never understand the attraction, but what exactly were you doing on your ship that requires firing a weapon in the first place?

there is nothing to aim at except each other and why in a roleplaying environment would you shoot other starfleet officers?

See above edits.

Also, firing weapons aboard ship is useful when making DEMORECORD videos.
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Undine Infiltrator

Set to Stun

Wargame Training

Personal Revenge

Etc. Etc. Etc.

I don't roleplay, but I can think of plenty of reasons why you might fire your weapon at a fellow Starfleet Officer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Not everyone roleplays as starfleet officers. Remember we do have off duty costume slots which include a mercenary set.
    edited July 2012
    eulifdavis wrote: »
    Undine Infiltrator

Set to Stun

Wargame Training

Personal Revenge

Etc. Etc. Etc.

I don't roleplay, but I can think of plenty of reasons why you might fire your weapon at a fellow Starfleet Officer.

Don't forget Fleet Bridge Parties and the legendary Death Bridge popularized by Starfleet Dental. A shame they yanked that...'feature.'
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Uh, I don't think 'shooter mode' ever worked with other windows open. At least in my experience. So I'm not sure anything was changed.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starhoundstarhound Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    EDIT: Apparently you can still use weapons on ship interiors IF AND ONLY IF you do not have any other windows open (such as inventory, bank, etc). Weirdness. Either it's a botched attempt to disable them or a bug.

I have no idea what you are talking about...why is that weird? You can still do exactly what you want you just cant accidently phaser the chef if you were just trying to access your inventory. How is this a botch? Why would you want to run around with your ship window open while blindly firing your weapon?
    We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. - Gene Roddenberry
  • pr1983pr1983 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Y'know, if you really wanted an answer, maybe you could just ask without being so hostile about it. Maybe a dev might actually answer you, then...
    edited July 2012
    starhound wrote: »
    I have no idea what you are talking about...why is that weird? You can still do exactly what you want you just cant accidently phaser the chef if you were just trying to access your inventory.

Given how many fatalities I seem to rack up doing the DOFF culinary missions, you may have a point here.
    pr1983 wrote: »
    Y'know, if you really wanted an answer, maybe you could just ask without being so hostile about it. Maybe a dev might actually answer you, then...

I stopped blaming the devs for questionable decision-making a long time ago. I place the blame for things that ruin the game squarely on the shoulders of PWE, and direct my displeasure toward them, not the devs, accordingly.
  • broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Yet you are playing the role of a Starfleet officer every time you log in (unless you are KDF, of course).

Roleplaying is a rather broad concept, and what it means depends on who you talk to. I would not be considered a "true" roleplayer by most, but I do enjoy playing stories and creating stories for my characters. Since it sounds like it is unlikely we will get missions on our ship's interiors, finding ways to create our own is an option.

I've though about ways to do that (my daughter would get a kick out of it if we could come up with something creative). I had not considered what another player mentioned about having some players suit up in Mercenary outfits and going head-to-head on your own ship interior. That sounds intriguing. Think of laser tag with a story behind it. :)

I've been thinking about setting up some pen-and-paper style missions for my family to run on our ships, both combat and non-combat (systems repair, mysteries, and so forth), but haven't really had time to.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I like the bug where if you invite a friend from the other faction to your bridge, your operations officer that you select your shuttle from attacks them. I had invited a KDF friend onto my "Belfast" bridge and all of my NPCs attacked him. I think he managed to take one down but, my crew did a marvelous job. I was so proud of them. Lol
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am sorry but I am still trying to figure out what kind of moron doesn't understand the concept of role playing. Role playing for your information goes back to your childhood, the days of Cowboys and Indians or Cops and Robbers or when girls played Barbies. As adults we just set rules to that stuff.

What goes "over my head" is you are playing a video game --which are designed to escape reality-- to immerse yourself in the role of Captain of a spaceship, but from what you are saying you can't even crawl out of yourself long enough to enjoy the moment. You are still just plain Bob or Fred playing a video game in your room by yourself and that is just sad.

Just something for you to think about.