test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sale time? Sale schedule?

gstein766gstein766 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I know a lot of people have been complaining about the ship modules lately but honestly I don't have a problem with them, in fact, I'd be willing to buy some if they ever went on sale.

Will we see another C-Store sale soon? Is there a schedule of sales?
Post edited by gstein766 on

Comments

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Afraid we just had a sale about a month ago and they are typically only a couple of times per year. Think like 2 or 3 20% C-store sales and 2 ship 10% discount sales. So we shouldn't be due for at least another month.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Oh okay, I bought a few things during that sale. I was just wondering if they were monthly or something.
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Afraid we just had a sale about a month ago and they are typically only a couple of times per year. Think like 2 or 3 20% C-store sales and 2 ship 10% discount sales. So we shouldn't be due for at least another month.

and i would put money down on the next sale discounting the Ship modules.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There was one in April for First Contact Day, and one for the 4th Of July. Aren't any big holidays coming up any time soon though, unless Cryptic/PWE decides to do something for the end of summer, or decides the Day Of Honor falls somewhere in September.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    they should do birthday discounts if they don't already
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Plus occasionally PWE will have specials on buying Zen.
    edited July 2012
    Lol, if sales were scheduled, people wouldn't buy anything until said scheduled sale.
    Joined August 2009
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    beezle23 wrote: »
    Plus occasionally PWE will have specials on buying Zen.

True, but it's not really a "sale". That's why I didn't mention it.
    There was one in April for First Contact Day, and one for the 4th Of July. Aren't any big holidays coming up any time soon though, unless Cryptic/PWE decides to do something for the end of summer, or decides the Day Of Honor falls somewhere in September.

I seem to recall they had sales around Memorial Day, but not sure if they might or not. They did have a sale around Halloween as well.
    and i would put money down on the next sale discounting the Ship modules.

Discounting as in not including or Discounting as in reduced price? ;)
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Its also possible they'll be like lock box keys and never go on sale.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am surprised that they haven't started a 17-day long Zen Promotion in honor of the Olympics. I'm holding out on getting another card until they do another Zen Promotion. In fact, with the Z-Store prices being so over-the-top, I doubt I'll ever buy any more Zen for STO until they do another bonus Zen promotion.

As a Developer said, display your pleasure or displeasure with your wallet. Which is just what I am doing.
    Full Name: Zeryn Zebulon Zebular 
    Short Name: Zebular ( @zebular )
    Starfleet Rank / Serial: Vice Admiral, Field Captain / SZ-872-112
    Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
    Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
    Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

Handles: @zebular (PC)@MtnDewFreak (XBOX)@Terraseer (PS4)
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They usually have a Memorial Day sale.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kingdoxy wrote: »
    Its also possible they'll be like lock box keys and never go on sale.

Which is moronic. Of all things the Ship Modules and Keys should go on sale to entice players that normally wouldn't buy them. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well Steam has the Summer sale and the Christmas sale, that's what I mean by scheduling. I plan some money for these.
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    gstein766 wrote: »
    Well Steam has the Summer sale and the Christmas sale, that's what I mean by scheduling.

I think those are more regularly occurring than scheduled.

I know DCSU lets you know a couple of days ahead.