What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post Your Best STF Experience

2»

Comments

• redsoniavrelredsoniavrel Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Best experience? Easy.

I had already got the MK XII MACO set and I had spent a great deal of time doing CGE over and over (and over again) to get the last part of the Omega MK XII set. While trying to get the gun, I had been alternating between CGE and IGE in order to get my last optional, and had been on a few good teams, getting 7-9/10 of the Starbase crew (this mixed in with lots and lots of terrible teams who fail at the first room).

One day, I log on, queue up for CGE and after a near perfect run, I get the gun. All I had left to do was the optional on IGE. I queue. I beam in and find myself, on Starbase 82 with four guys who are all from the same fleet (not mine), dressed in bright pink robes, jumping up and down and playing around with the bubble and fireworks guns all the way to the first group of Borg. I promptly change to my tholian robes in order to fit in, which they seem to appreciate. "Are we trying for the optional?" I ask, to which I recieve a cryptic "maybe".

The forcefield opens and ten minutes later, I am beaming up to my ship, optional in hand, asking myself if I had queued up for some kind of non-existent 'Easy' mode. No stopping, no sniping, just a constant destructive run through the map. I have never had a run like it and probably never will again.

You know who you are, thanks so much guys!!
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i usually only play elite stfs but at least once a day, i do cure space on normal. i have a good space build and did this mission with a friend alone (3 spectators as we wished) + optional. if you see me, drop a message. cure space normal is really funny and can be done in no time.
    What ? Calaway.
  • velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ran KASE last night with a group from EliteSTF. We laid the plan out right away... one person would take probes/spheres from both sides (I think he sat near the time gate itself). The other four would do left and then right. Need on everything.

Worked like a charm too. As soon as one person popped a gen and the guardian cube warped in, the other three jumped it. One of them got down to around 70-80% before I even got my weapons on it. :D

Left goes down fast. Right takes a little longer, but we still got the optional.

Donatra shows up and is dead within a couple minutes. She never got the chance to cloak. :D

Not a record breaker by any means, but it was pretty fantastic. :cool:

I'll probably never PUG again, lol.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • thechugsterthechugster Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yesterday, IGE, STF channel group, no voice comms, pretty much no text chat, breezed through, got the optional with 2:46 left on the clock and killed Becky 1st time in about the same sort of time....everyone just knew exactly what to do and when to do it

was better that most of my fleet runs with full voice comms...great fun
    Looking for a great fleet, then try the UFP/House of Kular, visit ufplanets.com for more info
    A forum post should be like a woman's skirt, long enough to cover the subject matter but short enough to keep things interesting.
  • ussbridgeburnerussbridgeburner Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    one of the most fun runs ... and fast too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deVhiqWDXGU
  • nithanathnithanath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Depending on your mood this post fits in "best experiences" as well as in "worst experiences".

I have been grinding Cure Space Elite with my main charakter for weeks to get the optional (and the tech). Eventually i got the engine, but although there were some good teams and it was sometimes very close we never got the optional.
    My last run so far: four people were guarding the Kang while I destroyed the probes under the first cube. As soon as I was finished, two rainbow warriors left the Kang-group and started shooting at the cube. Noooo, not again. I asked them to stop but probably they had their chat windows closed. I just sat back and made some beautiful rainbow screenshots. They destroyed the cube. Needless to say that the raptors overwhelmed us quickly.

Although I was frustrated I switched to an alt and did CSE again. It was the first time with this char and the ship was not even properly equipped. This time everything went by the book. I was excited, because we had enough time to spare. When I shot the last torp at the last cube I could watch it fly slowly (heavy plasma torp) and hit the cube. And then... nothing. Disconnected.

Fortunately I could re-login in time. We got the optional. Hooray.

That's why I like PUGs. They bring the variety and excitement into a game that is becoming more and more boring because every update brings more grinding and repeating the same easy missions for fleet (omega, romulan, ...) marks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    Ive had that a few times in the past, its a nice feeling when you get her not to cloak.

From what i have seen its the "bait agro" ship that has to stay more than 6k away from her to stop her from cloaking - im normally the agro ship luckily - can anyone confirm that

It's like a second occupation in STFs for me as well, although it's always involuntary
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      nithanath wrote: »
      Depending on your mood this post fits in "best experiences" as well as in "worst experiences".

I have been grinding Cure Space Elite with my main charakter for weeks to get the optional (and the tech). Eventually i got the engine, but although there were some good teams and it was sometimes very close we never got the optional.
      My last run so far: four people were guarding the Kang while I destroyed the probes under the first cube. As soon as I was finished, two rainbow warriors left the Kang-group and started shooting at the cube. Noooo, not again. I asked them to stop but probably they had their chat windows closed. I just sat back and made some beautiful rainbow screenshots. They destroyed the cube. Needless to say that the raptors overwhelmed us quickly.

Although I was frustrated I switched to an alt and did CSE again. It was the first time with this char and the ship was not even properly equipped. This time everything went by the book. I was excited, because we had enough time to spare. When I shot the last torp at the last cube I could watch it fly slowly (heavy plasma torp) and hit the cube. And then... nothing. Disconnected.

Fortunately I could re-login in time. We got the optional. Hooray.

That's why I like PUGs. They bring the variety and excitement into a game that is becoming more and more boring because every update brings more grinding and repeating the same easy missions for fleet (omega, romulan, ...) marks.

You know, if you really wanted the optional for any STF, I would recommend the PublicEliteSTF channel. Players there are usually not incompetent, and many of them are actually quite good. You will also find many players (like myself) who have all the optionals and know how to get them. And there is usually decent communication beforehand and planning, so more often then not, you will have smooth runs that get the optional.
      It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
    • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      nithanath wrote: »

You know, if you really wanted the optional for any STF, I would recommend the PublicEliteSTF channel. Players there are usually not incompetent, and many of them are actually quite good. You will also find many players (like myself) who have all the optionals and know how to get them. And there is usually decent communication beforehand and planning, so more often then not, you will have smooth runs that get the optional.

There is something to be said for the unpredictability of PUGs. You learn things. Like just recently, in a fouled up round of KASE, I learned my engie can tank 2 cubes and do probes. I never would have thought to try that. :P Or I can be the hero, using the raw DPS of my Tac operated Raptor to save the day after yet another player shoots his wad (and a cube) early in CSE.

However, frustration levels peaked today after a noobathon run of really bad ESTFs. So, I finally connected with the PublicEliteSTF channel. Wow, what a difference. As exciting as PUGs can be, it was also a nice relaxing change to KNOW no one is blowing a cube before it's time. And to KNOW everyone will follow the 10% rule. And to KNOW that Donatra will not take 20 minutes to kill, because someone thinks EWP is cool.

I'm not going to say I'll never PUG again, but I will be a regular on the PublicEliteSTF channel from now on.
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      As it's a new season, I decided to give the hive space stf a go. Having never played it before, i went for the normal mission to see how good it was, got both bonuses and beat the stf on the first run.
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
        edited November 2012
        Any run pre season 7
        "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
        Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com