test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tholian web ship?

lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
hi

can anyone who owns this ship say what exactly this console is do?

what this skill makes how long it works and cooldown time pls thx
Post edited by lostmoony on

Comments

• tanith1989tanith1989 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thats not a bad question i have been head over heals for this ship in the hopes the console was the Tholian web weapon that traps ships but is it or isnt it??
    Ketan Merious
    Captain, U.S.S Transcendent
    Explorers Fleet, Senior Member
    We want an Odyssey variant give us it
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Tholian Web Generator from the Orb Weaver creates an energy web around your target, capturing and eventually crushing them if they do not find a way to escape. Formation of the web will explosively fail if used on or near opponents that are too large to be captured. It is the device used to capture Captain Kirk's ship, but far more effective. It takes only a second or two to form the web while the one on the show took much longer to form.

The Tholian Tetryon Grid from the Recluse Carrier creates a grid of Tetryon Energy that buffs ally energy and causes your Tholian Widow Fighters to reflect 2 Tetryon beam attacks at nearby enemy targets.
  • lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    The Tholian Web Generator from the Orb Weaver creates an energy web around your target, capturing and eventually crushing them if they do not find a way to escape.
    The Tholian Tetryon Grid from the Recluse Carrier creates a grid of Tetryon Energy that buffs ally energy and causes your Tholian Widow Fighters to reflect 2 Tetryon beam attacks at nearby enemy targets.

so you not have it, copy any nothing saying text rofl.

and the carrier console does :

5 sec 30%atk buff and give your pets 2 shots , thats overall TRIBBLE/nothing and with 3 min cooldown ....

thats why i ask what the web console do^^
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It creates a yellow web around a ship. The duration is 30 seconds, but can be disabled earlier and its cooldown is 3 minutes.
  • vonddomvonddom Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ive been using this ship a lot since my friend gave it to me, the web is good, unless you use it on borg (really big ships) the enemy CAN shoot the 'nodes' at each corner of the web as its being created, if they do it effectivly enough it stops the web being made, if/when you get the web formed around an enemy it traps them until they either shoot out the corners of the web and open it to escape OR the web 'collapses' in on ship/s and takes what seems to be a great amount of damage, ships also take some damage over time, and some damge for touching sides of web

drawbacks-ya can trap friends aswell which doesnt hurt them but can be annoying, you also have to be a certain distance away from enemy

ive not used it in PvP so not sure how effective it is there, used in PvE a lot, useless really against spheres n cubes etc, but i have stopped a few probes on kitomer, and once or twice got it around donatras schitittar :P

overall i like it, its not totaly overpowered or underpowered IMO, but actually i prefer using high yield thermionic torp's :D