test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Carrier Fighters, affected by passive skills?

edmunddukeedmundduke Member Posts: 33 Arc User
I was wondering if Fighters released by a player carrier are affected by any of the players passive skills? Such as Starship Weapons training, etc.

Oh... and on a random side note, what abilities affect the strength of Photonic Fleet?
Post edited by edmundduke on

Comments

• trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not sure about that... but I do know their recharge rate is directly affected by aulixary power (more = less recharge time)

As for Photonic Fleet, it doesn't list any when in the Powers tray. So I'm thinking no
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    that would actually be cool.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • edmunddukeedmundduke Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Alright, thanks... I just remember reading somewhere that certain passives do affect Photonic fleet, or maybe it was just a type of console.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    edmundduke wrote: »
    Alright, thanks... I just remember reading somewhere that certain passives do affect Photonic fleet, or maybe it was just a type of console.
    That was probably the case before the skill tree got an overhaul (it had many more skills).

But now, with the new skills very much simpflied, I don't think a skill or console boosts Photonic Fleet anymore.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • edmunddukeedmundduke Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Bump for the first question. Hoping that someone knows for sure if passive skills affect them or not.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    edmundduke wrote: »
    Bump for the first question. Hoping that someone knows for sure if passive skills affect them or not.

If you are asking about like shield strength, hull strength, weapons damage, etc on them? No, I don't believe any skills will affect them. For power siphon drones, I think Flow Capacitors might help with their effect, but I can't be certain.

Any carrier pets are pretty much standard for anybody who uses them, otherwise there might be some wicked-strong pets out there if they were affected by skills.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • splitboysplitboy Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nothing that you use on yourself or is used on you affects your pets.
    Only debuffs on a target do improve your pets.

AUX power level and DOff affect not you pets but the power to spawn your pets.

Ofcourse their is a single ecxeption Flightdeck DOff's that improve Carrier commands do indeed improve your pets under certain circumstances.