test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hello to all

griftertreysik1griftertreysik1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited July 2012 in The Academy
Hello everyone,

To be honest, I'm a returning player. I haven't played since after the first major update was done (Season or Series 1? Something like that).

I'm patching the game as I type this and so I don't even know what I am in the game. I think I was flying Heavys and I know I was maxed out on my level cap (at the time anyways). I also have a nearly maxed out Klingon too.

So, I guess my question is, where should I begin again? Best to start from scratch? Or just pick up where I left off. What are some important features/add-ons I should be looking for or to do? I've been reading the update notes and searching around and got some great answers, but figured I should really just ask here and let the current players let me know.

Really, I've been playing some other games (SWTOR being the latest, and still playing). I generally keep to MMORPG subs going at a time, but I've really only been playing SWTOR. I also re-activated my Champions account too.

Anyhow, looking forward to some great replies. :)

Cheers
Captain Grifter Treysik, Task Force Avalon (@Grifter.Treysik)
"Management of many is the same as management of few. It is a matter of organization.." - Sun Tzu
Post edited by griftertreysik1 on

Comments

• griftertreysik1griftertreysik1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Also, how is population? I've heard mixed reviews with no real sold answer as to how populated the game is.
    "Management of many is the same as management of few. It is a matter of organization.." - Sun Tzu
  • beritpandionberitpandion Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Personally I joined about a month ago and I love the game. There seems to be a good amount of population. For a young MMO *less than 5 years* the bugs are not that bad. Free to play isn't bad. Subscription is nice (I subbed around the time I got my first char to RA) too.

There are things I'd like to see fixed and some things I'd like to see added. But over all this has been the perfect MMO for me and I'm a 10+ year EQ Vet, WOW, Fallen Earth, ***, ****, SWG(what a waste), Eve etc. Ironically I wasn't going to try STO until my Fiance got me to try it. Was too jaded after both Eve and SWG failed to live up to what I wanted in a SciFi MMO. STO needs work yes BUT I still think it's the best one out there and with time and a community that supports it *Subscriptions and micro transactions are the only way as they have to keep the lights on people* this game could potentially be out there for a long run.

I understand a lot of the complaints but things take time and if they have the income and all they have the potential of making a long running and really great game.
    edited July 2012
    UPDATE:

I'm a level 44, lower half Rear Admiral; Starfleet Engineer. And I'm completely lost. My skill points have been reset, so I'm now figuring that out again :)
  • beritpandionberitpandion Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm not near where I can get my skills but I tend to put most of my points into space. Things like hull strength regen and shield power. Some weapon damage and accuracy. Mainly things to increase damage resistance and weapon power and accuracy. That's my play style though. Some will probably do the fancy particle and other skills for science. :)
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Welcome back.

After this long away from the game, I would strongly suggest starting a new character if you have a free character slot, just to relearn the basics, as well as what's changed or added.

As well, this will allow you to experience some of the new content you might otherwise not, like the remastered episodes and featured series.

Later, you can go back to your existing characters once you've gotten a better feel for the game.
    edited July 2012
    Thanks folks. You are right, I'll likely just start over for a bit anyways -- I was lost last night and decided to go to bed instead. I may play the first bit and then get back to my main.

If anyone else has ideas, they are appreciated. :)
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Another good idea right now would be to join a fleet.

And to beritpandion: It's not a young MMO anymore, I joined the forums somewhere during 1969 xD

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for the great response, I'll follow through with this. :) It's nice being back and looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.