test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Proposal: Give Mirror Ships the Agony Booth

aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Much has been made of the lack of distinctiveness of the Mirror ships. They are only marginally different from, and not particularly superior to, the unimpressive Prime T5 ships. Certainly they have nothing to offer compared to the superlative T5+ C-Store and Lockbox ships. And so the price on a Mirror ship on the XC continues to plummet past 1M EC.

I would make a proposal to increase their desirability and fun factor:
Give the Mirror Ships a built-in Agony Booth!

The Agony Booth would occupy an additional deck of the ship accessible from the turbolift. Entering the Agony Booth would allow the player to enter into dialogue with the Warden NPC standing next to the Booth, who would offer unique Duty Officer assignments:

Extraordinary Disciplinary Action
Starfleet regulations forbid corporeal disciplinary methods. However, some crewmembers are so intransigent that overtaxed captains are tempted to be conveniently absent when the hardware on a stolen Mirror vessel is put to good use...

Extract Information
Torture of prisoners of war is forbidden by numerous treaties signed by the Federation. These treaties hold little weight with Section 31, whose agents are requesting the use of the Agony Booth aboard your commandeered vessel.

Scandalous Escapade
The Agony Booth is an instrument of great pain, but there are those fetishists who practice a unity of opposites. Whether for legitimate research or erotic gratification you cannot know, but an anthropologist with passable qualifications has requested the use of your Agony Booth for "hands-on study" in partnership with one of your officers...

Implementing this change would be guranteed to dramatically increase the sale of M-keys and Tholian lockboxes, and placate CBS by bringing the in-game Mirror ships closer in line with the lore.

It is in PWE's interest to make it happen. So make it happen!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by aestu on

Comments

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I wouldn't mind it. Heck, I'd buy a Mirror Ship just for that reason.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.