test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What happened to "Event: The Path to 2409?"

zebularzebular Member Posts: 729 Arc User
Anyone else notice that since 10:00am on the 19th, that the "Event: The Path to 2409" no longer appears in the upcoming Events? Is this intentional or a bug?
Full Name: Zeryn Zebulon Zebular 
Short Name: Zebular ( @zebular )
Starfleet Rank / Serial: Vice Admiral, Field Captain / SZ-872-112
Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

Handles: @zebular (PC)@MtnDewFreak (XBOX)@Terraseer (PS4)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2012
    No word on this? I searched but found nothing about this "issue."
    Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
    Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
    Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

• Options
    kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The mission on he KDF side is bugged right now, so might be related to that?
  • Options
    wixibanwixiban Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I Thought I read or Heard in a podcast that they where getting combined with the academy event.

Can't remember though
    Wixiban.png
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that since 10:00am on the 19th, that the "Event: The Path to 2409" no longer appears in the upcoming Events? Is this intentional or a bug?

10am in what timezone?

For July 19, at 10am (Pacific Time), I've got The Vault shuttle event happening.

The only Path to 2409 for July 19 I have is at 7am Pacific Time, during which the HOLODECK live shard was undergoing maintenance, and no one should've been online anyway.

(link to SubSpace Agenda STO Calendar site)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited July 2012
    I checked the schedule. It appeared at 9 AM central time, and will appear again at 4 PM tomorrow.

The event has been getting shafted lately because the schedule is still randomized and 2 and 3 hour events still get placed multiple times a day instead of making sure that the calendar cycles through each and every event one after another before finally resetting back and starting over again.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    cusashorn wrote: »
    The event has been getting shafted lately because the schedule is still randomized and 2 and 3 hour events still get placed multiple times a day instead of making sure that the calendar cycles through each and every event one after another before finally resetting back and starting over again.

Actually if you check the weekly calendar I have on the SubSpace Agenda website, there is a clear pattern forming with most of the events.

The Vault, Fleet Marks, Mirror Universe, and Academy events all seem to be on 7 hour intervals (except the odd bit with the fleet marks events at 0000 and 2300 PST on Sunday this week).

Time to Craft!, Officer Reports, Tour the Universe, The Path to 2409, Dilithium Mining, and Multiphasic Event all seem to be on 15-hour intervals.

The Defera Invasion as far as I can tell is completely random so far, and is the only one that overlaps other regularly scheduled events.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited July 2012
    Actually if you check the weekly calendar I have on the SubSpace Agenda website, there is a clear pattern forming with most of the events.

The Vault, Fleet Marks, Mirror Universe, and Academy events all seem to be on 7 hour intervals (except the odd bit with the fleet marks events at 0000 and 2300 PST on Sunday this week).

Time to Craft!, Officer Reports, Tour the Universe, The Path to 2409, Dilithium Mining, and Multiphasic Event all seem to be on 15-hour intervals.

The Defera Invasion as far as I can tell is completely random so far, and is the only one that overlaps other regularly scheduled events.

the fact that all the various events cycle on 7, 15, and RANDOM hours confirms that the schedule is not actually structured.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    cusashorn wrote: »
    the fact that all the various events cycle on 7, 15, and RANDOM hours confirms that the schedule is not actually structured.

You're going to have to explain what you're trying to say here.

I see a structure in the form of repeating cycles. There is only one event that doesn't seem to be conforming to a cycle so far (and probably only "so far" because the cycle has only been going for about a week now), and that event overlaps other events, so it's not exactly interfering with the rest of the cycle. The Fleet Marks Events on Sunday that are one hour instead of two appear to actually be in place to enforce the cycle where normally a 7-day week would interfere with it.

More than likely we'll end up seeing a process that repeats on these 7 and 15 hour cycles for the short term, but on a macro scale, the entire thing repeats every two weeks (except STFs, which repeat every 3 weeks), but of course we'll need more time to confirm the pattern.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    10am in what timezone?

For July 19, at 10am (Pacific Time), I've got The Vault shuttle event happening.

The only Path to 2409 for July 19 I have is at 7am Pacific Time, during which the HOLODECK live shard was undergoing maintenance, and no one should've been online anyway.

(link to SubSpace Agenda STO Calendar site)

I was going by the in game calendar, that blogspot calendar is way too cramped and "busy" for me to use. The in game calendar said 10am in game, which if the in game calendar time is localized, then that would have been 10am EDT.

I scrolled as far into the future of the calendar that I could, no where-in was the Path to 2409 event listed. Prior to today's patch, the 19th, that event would appear multiple times a day.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Just wanted to update that it is now showing up again, next one is 5:00pm (EDT?). The maintenance must have fixed it or they added a hotfix to it without patch notes. It wasn't there prior to this patch we just had, that is for sure.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    I was going by the in game calendar, that blogspot calendar is way too cramped and "busy" for me to use. The in game calendar said 10am in game, which if the in game calendar time is localized, then that would have been 10am EDT.

I scrolled as far into the future of the calendar that I could, no where-in was the Path to 2409 event listed. Prior to today's patch, the 19th, that event would appear multiple times a day.

This is the same pattern we've had for a week, since the Season 6 patch dropped.

The Subspace Agenda site calendar has many options to make your view more customizable to what you want to see, whether it's the default weekly calendar, a daily "agenda" calendar, or a monthly calendar.

Part of the reason why I have so many calendars on there is so you can pull up the dropdown menu and filter out what you don't want to see. In your case, the "Path to 2409" event is on the STO Miscellaneous Events calendar (because it doesn't revolve around dilithium, group, or fleet play), so you can pull up the dropdown menu and filter out everything but the miscellaneous events and it should be much easier to see the specific items you're looking for.

Looking at the overall calendar again, it appears that the sequence of events within each day (barring the STF's and Defera Invasion) is exactly the same, but shifted 9 hours forward or 7 hours back each day, creating a 15 or 31-hour cycle (even though some specific events within that cycle occur twice as often). Because we're also dealing with 24-hour days and 7-day weeks, that also means that each entire week will be shifted an hour from the previous week, and you won't see another week with the exact same schedule for 24 weeks!

TLDR; If (for example) you're looking to play "The Path to 2409" from only 11am-12pm PST on Sundays (and I know someone here will claim to be that person), you're not going see it on that exact timeslot again for 24 weeks from this past Sunday (unless the schedule changes again)

==================

Alternatively, if say, day of the week doesn't matter to you but time of day does, the next day "The Path to 2409" would appear in the 11-12 PST timeslot would be 8 days from the last time it showed up in the 11-12 PST timeslot, or... next Monday.

**P.S. I do think you may have a point in that it at least looks like there is an error in the scheduling for the 2300 (PST) timeslot for 7/19 where it should have been a "Path to 2409" instead of another "Time to Craft!" event
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile