test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost account bank slots and items

hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
After today's update, my entire second row of account bank slots are gone...along with the items that were in there. The first row however is unchanged and still occupied with items I placed in there.

Way to go Cryptic. Filing a ticket, for all the good that will do... :rolleyes:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is this happening to others as well? I haven't been able to log in yet, but I too have items in that second row.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yes, others are reporting similar losses in-game.

My advice to everyone, although it should've been somewhat obvious since it was first introduced, DO NOT STORE ANYTHING OF VALUE IN YOUR ACCOUNT BANK. :(
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hey devs, would it be possible if; I dunno; you RETURN the items you geniuses DELETED from my account bank? wth who am I kidding this is Cryptic/PWE
  • zodiemishzodiemish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It has to be a glitch. my accounts seem safe on all characters, so it wasn't a down grade or anything like that.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I wasn't even aware that the account bank was active. Or has it since been deactivated again?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I believe it's only active for Gold Members. If you have a bug with your Account Bank, then submit a ticket, friend.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm a Silver member, though I figured (since the button was there to click) that it was either a work-in-progress, or instead was something they'd temporarily disabled.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • zebularzebular Member Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My account bank was full of rare and common commodities. Now, half of those slots, along with the items in them, are gone. This is unacceptable.

Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,369,226.
    Full Name: Zeryn Zebulon Zebular 
    Short Name: Zebular ( @zebular )
    Starfleet Rank / Serial: Vice Admiral, Field Captain / SZ-872-112
    Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
    Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
    Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

Handles: @zebular (PC)@MtnDewFreak (XBOX)@Terraseer (PS4)
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My account bank is still fine, all 20 slots (though this headline scared the heck out of me if a glitch ate my D'Kora). Case by case maybe, or it vary between Silver, Gold, and Lifers?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2012
    Hi Captains,

I just checked in with the team -- they have received your bug ticket and looked into it. This seems to be only affecting past Gold subscribers (current Lifetime/ Gold subscribers still have all of their slots, and silver players who have never been Gold still have 0).

Past Gold subscribers should have 20 slots, as should Lifetime and current Gold subscribers, but there was an unintentional change in the code that caused past Gold subscribers to lose 9 slots. the good news is the slots are actually just hidden, so your items are still in there, but you cannot see them at this time. When the fix for this goes live (which we are trying to do ASAP), you'll see your slots again and they will contain the items that were in them.

Again, this was unintentional and we are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause until the fix is live.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited July 2012
    Hi Captains,

I just checked in with the team -- they have received your bug ticket and looked into it. This seems to be only affecting past Gold subscribers (current Lifetime/ Gold subscribers still have all of their slots, and silver players who have never been Gold still have 0).

Past Gold subscribers should have 20 slots, as should Lifetime and current Gold subscribers, but there was an unintentional change in the code that caused past Gold subscribers to lose 9 slots. the good news is the slots are actually just hidden, so your items are still in there, but you cannot see them at this time. When the fix for this goes live (which we are trying to do ASAP), you'll see your slots again and they will contain the items that were in them.

Again, this was unintentional and we are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause until the fix is live.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thank you so very much for the quick reply and work to resolve this! I use the account bank to swap my rare commodities between characters for doing DOFF missions. Sadly, most of the good one I use are in the slots that got hidden.

While we're on the subject of account banks, may I suggest that you allow missions to pull from the account bank also, just like it does from the character's main bank? This would make things a lot smoother and less time-consuming for me in the regard of sharing my rare commodities for missions.

Also, I am severely looking forward to buying more account space. Seriously! When can we expect to be able to expand our account bank?
    Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
    Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
    Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

• daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ok my nerd rage has toned down to a dull roar, thanks for the quick update
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Phew, that's good to know. Thanks for the response.
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for the update, Brandon. Nice to see you guys are hard at work to address this.
  • raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Whew,

Thank you for posting that is it a known glitch. Hopefully the hidden slots will return soon-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Star Trek Online Enlistment Date: February 2010
    Fleet website: www.stoacademy.com
  • kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It sounds like I wasn't affected. Thanks for the quick response branflakes!
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • blademasterroninblademasterronin Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for the update, glad they are just hidden and my stuff is still there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    99 bugs found in the code!
    99 bugs found in the code!
    Fix one bug!
    Compile it again!
    101 bugs found in the code!
  • raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Today when I logged in I again have 20 account bank slots, and the row that was 'hidden' still had the contents it had before. <whew>

Thank you for fixing it-

Chris
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Star Trek Online Enlistment Date: February 2010
    Fleet website: www.stoacademy.com
    edited July 2012
    raifin1701 wrote: »
    Today when I logged in I again have 20 account bank slots, and the row that was 'hidden' still had the contents it had before. <whew>

Thank you for fixing it-

Chris

Same here, I am now even seeing the 20th slot, prior I only had 19 slots. So, double-yay! :)

Thanks Cryptic!