test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Contribution Restrictions for Fleet projects

supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
Fleet Admirals need to have the ability set a fleet wide limit on how much someone can contribute to a project. Its great that there are people out there who give a whole host of stuff to these projects. But you have some instances where these people fill up the projects solo and leave nothing but scrapes for the others.

Example today a project became live. Before i could contribute dilithium or expertise to boost my earnings it was filled. Now i could grind fleet marks but contributing just 2000 of the 18000 dil the project offered would have pushed me to the 200k mark to test out a tier 5 ship.

I now have 2 options spend the next 3-5 hrs grinding for 550 fleet marks to hit the target today or try my luck again tomorrow.

Yes it is a moan however if you have 20 people contributing to the fleet and 1 person is tanking all the projects where does that leave the other 19 people ? feeding off scrapes as i mentioned before. Plus time zones come into factor. The time it became live was 10:30 uk time. Any one of our U.S members wanting to put into that project would have to do so around 4-5am in the morning
Post edited by supergirl1611 on

Comments

• majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am in a small fleet so it isn't a huge issue, but what you suggest does make sense. Like everything it has it's pro and cons but in the grand scheme of fairness it sounds like a good idea to me.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Been suggested many times....
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    if anyone is going to set limits it should NOT be the man in charge
    Live long and Prosper
  • attizzattizz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ohm, who else?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"What are his rights in this century? Will there be a trial or shall I execute him?" - Worf
    edited July 2012
    Everyone lower ranked?

otherwise you wind up with the "top ranks" having control

Id like to see no one able to contribute more than 20% of any given project in 24 hours
    as an Absolute restriction

so 1 person can do 100% but over 5 days
    Live long and Prosper
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Why not ?, however the conditions would have to be what is set for everyone else is set for him as well. So all members no matter of rank are playing by the same rules
    edited July 2012
    fleet leaders should be last to get fleet ships in most cases (if the fleet is large the leaders should WAIT)
    Live long and Prosper
  • tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i think its a great idea as long as it was an optional limit. if it wasnt optional it would hinder small fleets cuz they might all hit thier max and the project might not have enough to start
    then wut?

i am the leader of my fleet and i plan to let my members go first

it still will be first come first serve but i will wait to get mine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • landshark666landshark666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Fleet Admirals need to have the ability set a fleet wide limit on how much someone can contribute to a project. Its great that there are people out there who give a whole host of stuff to these projects. But you have some instances where these people fill up the projects solo and leave nothing but scrapes for the others.

Example today a project became live. Before i could contribute dilithium or expertise to boost my earnings it was filled. Now i could grind fleet marks but contributing just 2000 of the 18000 dil the project offered would have pushed me to the 200k mark to test out a tier 5 ship.

I now have 2 options spend the next 3-5 hrs grinding for 550 fleet marks to hit the target today or try my luck again tomorrow.

Yes it is a moan however if you have 20 people contributing to the fleet and 1 person is tanking all the projects where does that leave the other 19 people ? feeding off scrapes as i mentioned before. Plus time zones come into factor. The time it became live was 10:30 uk time. Any one of our U.S members wanting to put into that project would have to do so around 4-5am in the morning

Simple solution - the people in charge have word with the person in question, letting them know they need to share the wealth, so to speak. If its a further issue, then put them in a rank that is set to not contribute, for a short period of time. Either they will agree to let others contribute, or get pissed off and leave - a win/win in my books.

Seriously, I dont understand why you all feel that the devs need to monitor and maintain this - its your fleet, maintain it accordingly.
    edited July 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    if anyone is going to set limits it should NOT be the man in charge

LOL @ this.
    edited July 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    Everyone lower ranked?

otherwise you wind up with the "top ranks" having control

Ya, but....they ARE in control - or at least they SHOULD be.

Judging by your posts, it sounds like you might be in a fleet where everyone is out for themselves and nobody is helping anybody else out - or at least your fleet leaders arent.

Sad if true, but nobody is stopping you from leaving and finding a better, more accomodating fleet.
    edited July 2012
    No im in several fleets where I am a major member (officer)
    and we are not having any trouble at all (except getting enough security officers)

but fleets with a "leader group" who are the only people getting benefits will be going down
    Live long and Prosper
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    why the hell would you want to slow down your starbases progress for something as silly as just "wanting more fleet creds" i mean ya cant spend those fleet creds if you got nothing to spend them on.
  • edude3edude3 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    First off the devs should be in charge of limits if there will be any. Also they should make it that anybody in a fleet can give to the project. The fleet leader should not be able to decide who can give to the project.

I don't like the idea of restrictions for contributions set by fleet leaders. I like the idea of scaling contributions rewards in a category. Like if 20,000 dil is needed after you donate 10000 dil you wouldn't get any more fleet credits for donating more dil for that project during the next 20 hours. The donation system is in a way luck because you may always be the one who finishes the projects or when you are online playing the new projects may have just arrived. I personally thing the fleet contribution system should be changed. Like for example a player could tell the system to set aside a certain amount of resources and expertise needed for the fleet project that will be available in 5 hours. And for every player that did that all of the resources needed would be pulled from all of the players in equal proportions until the limit the player set up for themselves. So they would get fleet marks. So therefore all players would be able to get fleet marks and would not have to worry about having there fleet window open as soon as a new project came available because the would have already donated the items. This could be done for the expertise and the dil because those fill up quickly. Or the devs could raise the expertise and dil needed for the projects with relation to number of people in a fleet. The size of the fleet would be measured on a random day every other week so there wouldn't be a mass leaving and joining of the fleet before and after the measure.

Also another option the devs can do is put in a contribution point system per hour like 1 fleet mark is equal to 0 point. And they could set points where once you reached like 100 points you coludnt contribute for an hour. They could make one dil two points. fleet marks = 0 points and commodities = 1 point. 1 expertise=1 point. Duty officers and turrets= 2 points.

This after all is just an idea to stop the huge range in the leader board where 4 fleet members have over 70000 points and the next higest has 20000 points.
  • sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    if you scale back fleet contributions alot of projects have the potential to be put on hold waiting for certain members to throw in their share. Not saying this is what would happen globally but just an example of the downside to this. I want my fleets base to get to the highest tier in the quickest time. Its summer time and I want to get out of the house at the same time not impede my fleets progress because im not online to contribute my fair share. At the same time not being selfish because someone else is getting those fleet credits in my absence. These issues have the potential to be governed internially by your fleets and the devs are giving you that ability to do so. A big part of fleet advancement and fleet development is developing internal policies and fostering teamwork. If your having issues withing your fleet that arent being resolved work them out. If not there are plenty of fleets out there that would appreciate your contributions.
    sh2sxc7.gif
  • edude1701ivedude1701iv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Im also waiting to see what will happen with fleet project contributions in about two weeks. This is in part because everybody on the game that i know was stockpiling anything needed for fleet projects, and now that those resources have been spent contributions will be alot more balanced.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Personally, I don't like the idea of placing limits on how much can be contributed.

After all, if you look at it a certain way, the problem is caused by the fact that only so much can be contributed at any given time.

A better solution, to my mind, would be allowing personal projects; which everybody in the fleet can have and are done solo. Then everybody has an opportunity to make their contributions uncontested.
  • maxspeed23maxspeed23 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If there is a option for a limit, it should be a option period. Already small fleets will take a long time to get projects going, having a limit will just cause small fleets to take even longer to upgrade their star bases.

The fast 30 min special states it is for large fleets, so people can get to contribute and get Fleet Credits to spend later. If some people in the large fleets feel they don't get a chance, then how about making a alliance with a smaller fleet?

I have a fleet of ONE, yes, I have my own fleet, only my alts and my accounts are on it. So far the slowest Grind will be Fleet Marks, so I would welcome any one to come in and contribute so they can get fleet credits if they wanted to. I read when Season 6 came out, people were offering new fleets to pay for the window view, 200,000 Dilithium just to get the Fleet Credits.

So definitely this has to be a option for leaders to enable, and not force upon us.
  • cloudinfinitycloudinfinity Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't like the idea of restricting task contributions one bit.

For one, not everyone in a fleet contributes, so its usually left to a few dedicated people to give say, 250 photon torpedo launchers, or 600 fleet marks. I like that its first come first serve. With the addition of special projects which only take 30 minutes, people always have a chance to fill something. If you have a member in your fleet thats a dilithium grinder or tycoon, why not let them contribute it?

I think its fine the way it is. The only thing that I would change is add a slider to the materials contribution screen.