test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry eta?

thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,151 Arc User
when will the foundry come back? I want to finish off my stuffz :O ... or rebuilding my stuffs.
zx2t8tuj4i10.png
Thank you for the Typhoon!
Post edited by thay8472 on

Comments

• rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They haven't announced when it'll come back just "ASAP"
  • glykenglyken Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    from people's previous experience, are we talking days, a couple of weeks, or a couple of months?
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Keep it positive, think happy thoughts. As one of my Foundry characters said in The Other Academy, "The warp drive works along the same principles of voodoo or witchcraft."

But seriously I don't expect any programmer to give you an ETA because I married one. They are a puzzle, wrapped in an enigma, shrouded by hot coffee and pizza rolls. But I do love him.

My husband only gives his clients deadlines when he is 100% sure he can make the deadline. So the programmers simply don't know. It is just like that little blue bar copying your files that keeps telling you an ETA of 2 minutes... no wait 3 years... no wait 1 week and 6 days... uh 59 minutes... I think... etc..

So what is up with opening a new thread? Is all others too full? :D
    NFA-banner.png
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Guess who makes those clueless blue bars!
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    I'm as impatient as anyone else, but really anything under 5 weeks is an improvement :D

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say sometime this week. But I don't know what their process really entails, so I can't say with any certainty.

They'll let us know when it's back. As the 7th Rule of Acquisition states "Keep your ears open."
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    glyken wrote: »
    from people's previous experience, are we talking days, a couple of weeks, or a couple of months?

This is something unfortunately even the experienced can't answer. :(

When Season 4 went live, the Foundry took like 2 months to get back online. But when F2P (Season 5) went live, there was nothing wrong with the Foundry.

With Season 6, we assume there is nothing wrong. And this long wait is merely them uploading all those Foundry missions.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm guessing by the end of the week, but it's a guess.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am not an impatient person as a rule but this kind of thing bothers me. They run a dedicated test server so how is it things go live in the condition they invariably do. I seriously hope they haven't lost or destroyed a massive number of missions...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    I could be wrong, I don't think the test server could really tell them what would happen in this case. They did not to my knowledge go through a big republish effort when these Foundry updates hit tribble. After all there's weren't many missions on tribble to republish, I know I never remade mine after they were wiped.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited July 2012
    Were they wiped? When I was testing on tribble I found missions dating back to last november.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited July 2012
    Yeah it was last year sometime. Can't remember when, I know it was well after the Foundry was released on Holodeck, maybe around season 5 testing. I can tell you for sure that my missions, which were made prior to the Foundry release on Holodeck are no longer there, and I did not delete them.

Maybe someone with a better memory could tell you more accurately when it was. I remember not caring very much since all I had on there were very early versions of my first mission series. I didn't even care to back up the dialogue cause it had changed so much after I remade the missions on Holodeck.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hopefully we will have a fully detailed changelog, it may be worth the waiting time. What BranFlakes gave us is a nice insight, but there is absolutely zero detail about how it works.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • rehpicrehpic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    We found a few minor issues when we did the mass republishing after the season 6 patch. We have fixes in testing now and hope to have them live on holodeck by the end of the week. At that point we will open the foundry for play first and then editing assuming no more issues pop up.
    Lead Programmer: Neverwinter
  • klintobean81klintobean81 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for the update!

We appreciate all your hard work!

-Klintobean
    edited July 2012
    what kind of issues? Spawn-in-floor kind of issues?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for the update. I'm going camping tomorrow, and plan to be back by Friday. I would very much appreciate it if the Foundry was back up by then. ;)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • rehpicrehpic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    what kind of issues? Spawn-in-floor kind of issues?

No, just a couple of code bugs that are causing good projects to fail republishing when they should be succeeding.
    Lead Programmer: Neverwinter
    edited July 2012
    Oh, I see. I ran into a spawn-in-floor issue while playing old missions in tribble foundry. Not really sure what cause dit though, I was playing the oldest missions I could find. Some of them dated back to Nov2011.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    rehpic wrote: »
    We found a few minor issues when we did the mass republishing after the season 6 patch. We have fixes in testing now and hope to have them live on holodeck by the end of the week. At that point we will open the foundry for play first and then editing assuming no more issues pop up.

That's good to hear. I'm anxious to continue on my project.

BTW, think you can sneek in the remaining C-store ships for the ship Library? ;)
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for the update, rehpic; I really like your avatar btw, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ebeneezergoodeebeneezergoode Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, it's good to know things are proceeding apace, the hardest part about the wait is cool new stuff in patch notes that I've wanted for ages... and I can't play with them yet!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thank you for the contact and update! Yay!
  • tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Keep it positive, think happy thoughts. As one of my Foundry characters said in The Other Academy, "The warp drive works along the same principles of voodoo or witchcraft."

But seriously I don't expect any programmer to give you an ETA because I married one. They are a puzzle, wrapped in an enigma, shrouded by hot coffee and pizza rolls. But I do love him.

My husband only gives his clients deadlines when he is 100% sure he can make the deadline. So the programmers simply don't know. It is just like that little blue bar copying your files that keeps telling you an ETA of 2 minutes... no wait 3 years... no wait 1 week and 6 days... uh 59 minutes... I think... etc..

So what is up with opening a new thread? Is all others too full? :D

lies! females dnt really exist on the internet lol , everyone knows that :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Thanks very much the update Rephic. We need these updates so we don't turn to ridiculous speculation :)

Anyway, I hope these problems aren't too severe, and that they can be ironed out without too much trouble.
  • thedukeofrockthedukeofrock Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    According to the patch notes. I would not count on the Foundry the end of the week unless they are going to do an additional patch.
    ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
    by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    According to the patch notes. I would not count on the Foundry the end of the week unless they are going to do an additional patch.

As this is going, I would not count on the Foundry showing up until the end of summer. Seriously, I will ask this question once more here and maybe an official dev can answer what should be obvious to everyone.

If the Foundry works and is currently up and running on Tribble server, why not here? I don't need the scripts to start making new missions. Why are you holding people back using this ploy about the OLD mission scripts not converting? The Foundry program is not the issue, it is the conversion from old to new. I am not ignorant to the facts start the Foundry.

Thanks.
    edited July 2012
    they've had a few issues with republishing old misisons. it'll be fine, it just takes time.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited July 2012
    they've had a few issues with republishing old misisons. it'll be fine, it just takes time.
    But to be on the safe side keep complaining as well. I, in no way, put it past any game company to do things like this to gauge the resistance they might face if they decided to pull a feature entirely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I doubt they will pull the foundry. They even included it in their Season 6 trailer
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • starkofthenorthstarkofthenorth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Have a little patience. There is a metric TRIBBLE ton of missions that the guys in QA are going over to ensure they all work the way they are supposed to. Cryptic is putting forth a TITANIC effort to make sure the existing missions continue to function within the new code.
    Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]