test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Final Merger

ravenechosevenravenechoseven Member Posts: 4 Arc User
With the merging of PWE and Cryptic in it's apparent endstages, I can't help but be amused and dismayed at the turn of events. Since Open Beta I have been known by my handle @RavenSeven. That's over two years. I paid the big lifetime sub, and at the high after launch rate. I invested. Now, I see that many of us will be losing our names. I've had to change mine to RavenEchoseven. So this how PWE rewards the Cryptic faithful? I feel quite sorry for Cryptic employees who are forced to watch as PWE forces so much on their fans. I don't understand why I have to merge my Cryptic account. I don't want a PWE account. I don't want to play PWE games. Why should I have to join the PWE community, change my standing account name? I really don't see why the change was necessary. I have to say, I'm a little irate.

Ok off my soapbox. Hope I don't get banned for my rant here.
Trekking online since January 2010!

7th Joint Task Force
Third Reserve Flotilla
House of Sigma
Post edited by ravenechoseven on

Comments

• tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree it's annoying, but don't think it's a major issue. It's silly, it's annoying, it's stupid but I'll live. I just tacked 1979 (year I was born) on the end.
  • wotertoolwotertool Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I didn't like it either, but I only had to change my account name from wotertool to woter2 (because any number behind "wotertool" was not aviable .... I hate numbers in my names)

But as you can see, my forum name and @handle name is still wotertool.
  • podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I lost my P and my S. but I got a p and a s instead.. not the worst tradeoff.

The change is annoying all the name changes are, but in the long term, it's pretty minor. What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
    7n4nvF5.png
  • vonbonvonbon Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You have been assimilated Drone ravenechoseven welcome to the PWE collective

One of us, one of us
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    All I lost was my "_" so I'm not that upset. Scuttlebutt says they are trying to allow us post as our characters. If true, we'll somewhat get our names back.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
    "We all change, when you think about it, we're all different people; all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
  • dfawkesdfawkes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I thought those names were reserved? I'm honestly not sure, I was a little confused by the merge in general but I seemed to have retained the same name, so I had hoped most people would be the same.

It's a shame that some people have had to change, sometimes makes it hard to see who was who in the old forum. At least we've got avatars back, but it's still a nuisance. A totally understandable one, but a nuisance none the less.