test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Shipboard" tab

seraphantillesseraphantilles Member Posts: 97 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Duty Officer System and R&D
I keep seeing reference to a "shipboard" tab, but there isn't one. Might wanna fix that.

Note: someone said the "Personal" tab is the "shipboard" tab. I'd like to point out that is wrong; the "Personal" tab is the "Personal" tab and there is no tab which is entitled "shipboard." okthx

I advise renaming the "Personal" tab to say "Shipboard"!

Or change all the text everywhere else that says "Shipboard" to instead say "Personal."

I found this "bug"/error to be extremely confusing!
Post edited by seraphantilles on

Comments

• Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am glad I found out thanks to your post, I am not the only one and you'r not the only one who finds this extremely confusing!
  • Options
    joxertm2joxertm2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    To you confusing, to me very annoying.
    Can't imagine it hasn't been fixed for ages now.
  • Options
    harryquinnharryquinn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Oh yes. And the wiki is at least ten times worse about it. All you see, all over the place, is references to Shipboard and an error message. Makes it really hard to figure out where to find something if you don't already know where to look for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    harryquinn wrote: »
    Oh yes. And the wiki is at least ten times worse about it. All you see, all over the place, is references to Shipboard and an error message. Makes it really hard to figure out where to find something if you don't already know where to look for it.

Much of the reason for this is the timing of features. When Duty Officers were first rolled out, there was no Department Head tab. The "Personal" button on the side might have even said Shipboard; it's been a while, I can't really remember for certain. Anyway, several of the wiki entries were originally written at that time, and several of us long-time DOffers probably still refer to them as shipboard missions.

I advise renaming the "Personal" tab to say "Shipboard"!

Or change all the text everywhere else that says "Shipboard" to instead say "Personal."

I found this "bug"/error to be extremely confusing!

I can understand the confusion, but if anything should be named "Shipboard", it ought to be the Department Head tab. These are actually missions you will find on your ship. The Personal button is actually 'personal' - they only appear there, they are random and unique to your character, and you cannot invite anyone to your bridge to share them.

As far as "all the text" goes, the wiki is a community-authored venture. You could help a great deal if you were to join and make changes to the references. You could save others who are new to DOffing the frustration you have found. :) Forum posts are just that - forum posts. Can't really do much about that.

If there are text references in the game to a "shipboard" mission, and it means "personal", that should be changed. But be aware that it could actually mean "Shipboard" - as in go on your ship and talk to the Department Heads, or use the Department Head tab to speak to them.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)