test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Roleplay Channel Proposal

destroyer2udestroyer2u Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Greetings my ingame name is Damien D ,a Comm Officer of the 1st Column.

I'm fairly new to the RP Community of STO so this might have been brought up befor or even be active but nevertheless i would like to propose/Discuss this.

As i have noticed by looking around the forums i see reports of Rp being interupted by Non-roleplayers.And i came to the following solution.

Why not make a "Private" Rp channel for the Roleplay Community?

The Purpose of this would be to Find and promote roleplay within the universe.
Whoever wants to roleplay or is looking for roleplay could use this channel. Whoever is roleplaying and wants more people to roleplay with them could broadcast their location to anyone who wants to roleplay. Therefor you'll have the ability to roleplay across the universe and find people to roleplay with or find active roleplay's going on.

Who would "Moderate" this channel and why using Moderators?

This would be Moderated by officers of multiple active Roleplay Fleets. Therefor the power would be in the hands of people who have a duty to their fleet and a reputation to uphold and who are actively involved in RP in STO.
To why? To prevent Herrasment and bullying and to make it more enjoyable and less risk of said bad events taking place. If the rp isn't limited to a couple of places it will be harder to find for people outside the channel. So we create the channel and promote it. And people who herras and bully rp'ers can be taken out of the channel by Moderators. Therefor they will not know what is being talked about in the rp channel and making Roleplay more enjoyable.

So now having said this i would like your feedback on this subject and if any fleets are interested in supporting this idea or even moderate the channel if it is going to be created.

Thank you for your time and your opinion.

DamienD
1st Column
Men At Arms
Communication Officer
Post edited by destroyer2u on

Comments

• captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i think there already is a roleplay channel.
  • krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yea there is already a few RP channels. Maybe someone in them will post the names for ya. I'd try "RP" "Roleplay" as channel names and see if there are any out there to join

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl