test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where are the Ambassador and Universe Class Ships?

grandmasterbushellgrandmasterbushell Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Will Cryptic ever release the Ambassador (Enterprise C) and Universe (Enterprise J) Class ships?
Post edited by grandmasterbushell on

Comments

• Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Enterprise-F was "just" launched and you already want J ? damn spoiled people.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dalnar83 wrote: »
    Enterprise-F was "just" launched and you already want J ? damn spoiled people.

Hey, calm down. look at his post count. He is new.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ambassador is coming, J got nixed because its too far into the future, some 150 odd years from now in the game's timeline.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, the Ambassador is coming. And given from the hints regarding them wanting it to be tied with a Romulan storyline, and here we recently got a hint from Ask Cryptic that Romulans are coming in Season 7, which could very well involve the Ambassador (maybe even the Enterprise-C).

(Though not sure how it will fit in with the new Fleet ships).

The Enterprise-J, I recall the Devs making a comment about that a long time ago. I would like to say they didn't want it in, but given we were hinted that they wanted the Relativity-class (31st Century) ship being involved in STO, I don't see why not the Enterprise-J being added to STO.

For years, I been hoping they add the Battle of Procyon (which the Enterprise-J) was involved. And those 24th Century Ships (the Vor'cha, the Prometheus) that we saw on Enterprise ends up being us being transported into the future to help.

Of course, that would require some clever storytelling which explains us being moved into the future and tie that all in with the Temporal War.
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Battle of Procyon V never happened though, remember the expanse was collapsed and and the sphere builders were defeated in the 23rd century. Can't have a battle in a place that doesn't exist anymore ;)

If I recall correctly it was CBS that said no to the J, that's how we ended up getting the F instead.

The J is too big to really be in game anyway, its two miles long, the thing would make the Odyssey look tiny.
  • Options
    thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    For years, I been hoping they add the Battle of Procyon (which the Enterprise-J) was involved. And those 24th Century Ships (the Vor'cha, the Prometheus) that we saw on Enterprise ends up being us being transported into the future to help.

That would be an awesome mission, and explain what all those ships were doing there.

As far as the Universe-class goes, I do remember Cryptic at one point saying that they might add in ships that look like they might start a bridge between current designs and the future design of the Universe. That could be interesting.
    The Battle of Procyon V never happened though, remember the expanse was collapsed and and the sphere builders were defeated in the 23rd century. Can't have a battle in a place that doesn't exist anymore

But that battle not taking place would affect the present.

Seeing that battle is part of Archer's experience. Even though he was in the future at the time, he was from the past, and Daniels showing him that battle helped to shape Archer's decisions. If the battle never happens, then Archer didn't see it, and he would have behaved differently as a result. Butterfly effect and so forth.

Though Star Trek is usually very loose with temporal causality anyway, so whatever I guess...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    whitewhale80whitewhale80 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Given the amount of time travel that already occurs in STO a glimpse of the J may certainly be possible but I would be utterly amazed if it ever became pilotable.

The ambassador is long overdue and should have been a day 1 ship sitting in the cruiser line up in place of the 4 nacelle monstrosities.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Given the amount of time travel that already occurs in STO a glimpse of the J may certainly be possible but I would be utterly amazed if it ever became pilotable.

I seriously doubt that ship would even make it even as a Lockbox ship.

At best, Cryptic creates a predecessor ship that looks similar (which was supposed to be the original idea of the DTNE contest :rolleyes:) and add it as a Tier 6 ship.
    hravik wrote: »
    If I recall correctly it was CBS that said no to the J, that's how we ended up getting the F instead.

The J is too big to really be in game anyway, its two miles long, the thing would make the Odyssey look tiny.

No different than having B'ger from the Red Alerts in size. All they have to do is have the Enterprise-J have a slow turn radius and practically be a sitting fortress.

The Battle of Procyon V never happened though, remember the expanse was collapsed and and the sphere builders were defeated in the 23rd century. Can't have a battle in a place that doesn't exist anymore ;)

That Alternate Future could easily exist in this timeline just like how we got the Galaxy-X, the Olympic, and several plots from TNG: All Good things.

Remember the Sphere Builders are also time travelers, so what's to say they didn't try again in this timeline and we ended up thrusted into the future at the Battle of Procyon V. So while we are fighting, Archer is on the Enterprise-J, watching us fight.
  • Options
    podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, the Ambassador is coming. And given from the hints regarding them wanting it to be tied with a Romulan storyline, and here we recently got a hint from Ask Cryptic that Romulans are coming in Season 7, which could very well involve the Ambassador (maybe even the Enterprise-C).

In a recent interview with dStahl, he stated that the Ambassador Class will come "sometime after season 7" and "after the next 14-or-so ships are released". He also stated that while Season Six was slated for Late June (obviously running a bit behind schedule already), Season 7 would be "sometime before the end of the year". So the shorthand answer is "they're thinking they'll get around to it at some point next year maybe."
    7n4nvF5.png
  • Options
    carl104carl104 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Pyrocon V happens with or without the sphere's destruction.

The builders are gong to try again in about a 150 years, only this time the xindi are going to go to the feds for help and the feds are going to send them packing in style this time. The whole events of season 3 where the sphere builders attempts from the future to get around their defeat by invading in the past.
  • Options
    dastahldastahl Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ambassador is coming, J got nixed because its too far into the future, some 150 odd years from now in the game's timeline.

J got nixed because the ship's scale makes it wacky in our game.

Other comments about the Ambassador and Well's class are interesting rumors that haven't been confirmed yet... but could be true. :)
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    OMG. Dstahl talks about the Ambassador.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    OMG. Dstahl talks about the Ambassador.

OMG I posted here ! :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    archer586969archer586969 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Having the Ambassador class available would be cool :D, But I think that its logical to assume the Enterprise J would be ridiculously OP because of how far it comes from in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    November 2010: In Design Discussions
    January 2011: In Design Discussions
    February 2011: In Design Discussions
    March 2011: In Design Discussions
    April 2011: In Design Discussions
    May 2011: In Design Discussions
    June 2011: In Design Discussions
    July 2011: In Design Discussions - Upcoming Season 4 Update
    August 2011: In Design Discussions - Before Season 5

July 2012: We're still waiting.
    7n4nvF5.png
  • Options
    rheatitanrheatitan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    podsix wrote: »
    November 2010: In Design Discussions
    January 2011: In Design Discussions
    February 2011: In Design Discussions
    March 2011: In Design Discussions
    April 2011: In Design Discussions
    May 2011: In Design Discussions
    June 2011: In Design Discussions
    July 2011: In Design Discussions - Upcoming Season 4 Update
    August 2011: In Design Discussions - Before Season 5

July 2012: We're still waiting.

They also siad they want to save the ambassador for a FE which they appearently are not going to do anymore because hey who needs a story when you can grind for stuff:rolleyes:
  • Options
    thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    rheatitan wrote: »
    They also siad they want to save the ambassador for a FE which they appearently are not going to do anymore because hey who needs a story when you can grind for stuff:rolleyes:

To be fair, FEs are kind of a waste of resources.

I mean, let's be realistic: the storytelling in STO just isn't that good. The game engine doesn't really allow for interesting and exciting cutscenes, unless they were to pre-render something (which they really should have). The writing and the voice acting aren't that great, either.

What is awesome is their environment, gear, and ship designs. Everybody loved the Facility, and everyone wanted the photonic guards' armor sets.

If they had poured the effort they put into the 2800, and instead created several endgame STFs and rewards, players might gripe about having no story, but they'd have less to complain about when it comes to things to actually do every day when they log in. More STF content is a good thing, way better than FEs, and if they do it right they can still tell a story with STFs.

They could make more Fleet Actions, too, like a 10 or 20-person map where you have to defend Defera from a Breen fleet that's bombarding cities from orbit. I dunno.

I'd just much rather have repeatable content than FEs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    After all the threads for this ship ive posted in ive just given up. Cryptic will release it IF/when they feel like it.... which seems to be never. Its pretty sad that all the ships released like the d'kora/galor/jem/kitty carrier make it before one of the most iconic ships that was considered a true hero and bore the name enterprise.

Im not opposed to the J being ingame as a mission with time travel, but player controlled ones for all to have is just beyond any kind of reason ingame. Not sure if even fully zoomed out you would be able to see the whole ship worth a flip.

We have been lied to/mislead/bad information from cryptic so many time any time they say "hey, it will be out by XX date" i take a shot. Thanks to that im perma drunk =)

Cryptic says ambassador looks to much like galaxy so its confusing, nah see it LOOKS DIFFERENT. Nothing confusing there, 5-6 versions of the Galaxy class.... THATS CONFUSING. 5-6 versions of same ship and they have yet to make one thats really inticing to play save the Gal X and we arent getting a fleet version of it for some bizzaro reason.

I give cryptic a pat on the back when they do good, but i whince every time they release something because it is so poorly tested/implemented that it packs more bugs/harm then good.

I say we make THEM take a shot every time they do something like that, if nothing else they will be life of the party after a season update?!
  • Options
    cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thratch1 wrote: »

I mean, let's be realistic: the storytelling in STO just isn't that good. The game engine doesn't really allow for interesting and exciting cutscenes, unless they were to pre-render something (which they really should have). The writing and the voice acting aren't that great, either.

What is awesome is their environment, gear, and ship designs. Everybody loved the Facility, and everyone wanted the photonic guards' armor sets.

If they had poured the effort they put into the 2800, and instead created several endgame STFs and rewards, players might gripe about having no story, but they'd have less to complain about when it comes to things to actually do every day when they log in. More STF content is a good thing, way better than FEs, and if they do it right they can still tell a story with STFs.

They could make more Fleet Actions, too, like a 10 or 20-person map where you have to defend Defera from a Breen fleet that's bombarding cities from orbit. I dunno.

This depends entirely on the type of player, what you call a waste of resources is one of the main reasons I play STO.

I for one don't consider the STF's any more repeatable than any other content in this game. I can do STFs over and over, or I can do the story content over and over. The only difference is the story and some endgame shinies that, to be quite honest, I have absolutely no need for since I can do all the content I enjoy easily enough that I now go for attempting it in my lower tiered ships.
  • Options
    cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited July 2012
    Ok, someone care to fill me in here:

Where is everyone getting the idea of an Enterprise-J? What non-canon source happens to be that influential that everyone recognizes it? (except me, apparently).
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    cusashorn wrote: »
    Ok, someone care to fill me in here:

Where is everyone getting the idea of an Enterprise-J? What non-canon source happens to be that influential that everyone recognizes it? (except me, apparently).

nope its cannon from ST: enterprise

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Enterprise_(NCC-1701-J)
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    carl104 wrote: »
    Pyrocon V happens with or without the sphere's destruction.

The builders are gong to try again in about a 150 years, only this time the xindi are going to go to the feds for help and the feds are going to send them packing in style this time. The whole events of season 3 where the sphere builders attempts from the future to get around their defeat by invading in the past.

no. pyrocon V was the expanse being created during the 22nd century onwards that had now filled up this area of the galaxy by the 26th century. no one knew they were created by the spheres of what the sphere builders where the ones behind. it kept growing until a suitable portion of the galaxy was converted they launched their invasion. that failed.

so then they went back into the past and tried a different tactic. to destroy earth to stop the feds from defeating them later on so when they do finally invade they would win. they were defeated by archer and his crew, the spheres were destroyed and the expanse was never formed in the first place. it then created a new timeline of events.

therefore the battle of Pyrocon 5 wont happen as there is no expanse anymore. if they ever try to make a new expanse the feds would be all over it before they even get one solar system converted as they know what to look for and who is behind it. they may well try again in some fashion but it wont be at that battle.

the sphere builds only used the xindi because their first plan failed, even though it happened 4 centuries later from our point of view. they are not going to attack again in 150 years because they will know that it would fail again, and this time they have no expanse for them to live in either.
  • Options
    britishtarbritishtar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    and the sphere builders were defeated in the 23rd century.

the 22nd centuery
    :mad: HATE THE NEW FOURMS

join date december 2011
  • Options
    cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited July 2012

article doesn't exist, so how can I take your word?
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012

it the way the forum is treating the link either add a ")" to the end of the link or just search for enterprise j in memory alpha
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    no. pyrocon V was the expanse being created during the 22nd century onwards that had now filled up this area of the galaxy by the 26th century. no one knew they were created by the spheres of what the sphere builders where the ones behind. it kept growing until a suitable portion of the galaxy was converted they launched their invasion. that failed.

so then they went back into the past and tried a different tactic. to destroy earth to stop the feds from defeating them later on so when they do finally invade they would win. they were defeated by archer and his crew, the spheres were destroyed and the expanse was never formed in the first place. it then created a new timeline of events.

therefore the battle of Pyrocon 5 wont happen as there is no expanse anymore. if they ever try to make a new expanse the feds would be all over it before they even get one solar system converted as they know what to look for and who is behind it. they may well try again in some fashion but it wont be at that battle.

the sphere builds only used the xindi because their first plan failed, even though it happened 4 centuries later from our point of view. they are not going to attack again in 150 years because they will know that it would fail again, and this time they have no expanse for them to live in either.

what was it the janeway said about time travel at the end of the ep relativity?? :P
  • Options
    eslavaceslavac Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Enterprise_%28NCC-1701-J%29
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    what was it the janeway said about time travel at the end of the ep relativity?? :P

I believe it was 'TRIBBLE the temporal prime directive, the first chance I get I'm changing the last 20 year of galactic history to suit my own needs.'

I may be paraphrasing slightly.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thratch1 wrote: »

Many missions are more enjoyable than STFs. STFs are only about "target and fire at will", which has very little to do with the Star Trek universe. Unfortunately, the best missions often have the worst rewards (I name good reward something I can sell for ECs), but anyway.

Don't say we don't need any story. Say you don't need one. You can enjoy wow-like content, but don't think you are entitled to speak in the name ofthe majority of players.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2012

You can read more about it here:-

Enterprise-J Casestudy

It's certainly a canon class though. I always liked the idea of us seeing it in a FE or something, with us taking part in that final battle with the sphere builders, like Azurian said, it would explain the old ships present as the battle as well :-)