test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - July 11, 2012, Part 2

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.20.20120705a.7

General:
  • The dropdown menu in the Medical Bay now works properly.
  • Update the Fleet Rewards screen for Military, Science, and Engineering.
  • General server stability improvements.
Post edited by zer0niusrex on

Comments

• Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Are you all gonna be pulling an all nighter to get season 6 for tomorrow or is the extended maintenance just maintenance?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    PLEASE re-consider the decision to "time-gate" the mission rewards for the Tholian Invasion map. People have lives outside the game you know. We can't always accomodate our own schedules, to fit your artificial time-gated schedule.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Tholian Ground event isn't the only event to give Marks.

No win Scenario
    Colony Invasion
    Starbase Blockade, Fleet Defence, Incursion, and Alerts

All give Marks. so you have plenty of other opportunities.
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    PLEASE re-consider the decision to "time-gate" the mission rewards for the Tholian Invasion map. People have lives outside the game you know. We can't always accomodate our own schedules, to fit your artificial time-gated schedule.

Sing this to the rooftops as loud as you can, my friends.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    tuskin67 wrote: »

No win Scenario
    Colony Invasion

Given Cryptic's track record, just wait and you'll see them time-gate the rewards on these maps as well. But they'll remain true to their promise, of not time-gating the MAP or EVENT itself. Just the rewards...
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They cant time gate those without adding years to even the largest fleets time to build a base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited July 2012

No win Scenario
    Colony Invasion

Sorry that I dont have 24 hs a day to play a game.. my bad.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'd like to suggest the following:

Make the Tholian Invasion missions "Daily", and reward a certain amount of Fleet Marks per daily, no matter what time of day it is. Once you complete the daily, you can still pick up the mission, but won't get any additional Fleet Marks until the daily resets.

The exception to this, would be during the "Tholian Invasion" event on the calendar. Would rather see it done this way, instead of removing the fleet mark rewards entirely.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Way to ruin the Tholian Invasion with the time gating BS!
  • Options
    rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not sure about the outrage over this. Not everyone that plays the Tholian scenario are going to want Fleet Marks as rewards. This sort of time gatey-ness might give targets for fleets to target running the events for fleet rewards. Everyone else can run it for the standard rewards other times.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Sorry that I dont have 24 hs a day to play a game.. my bad.

The examples I listed you can play anytime and get Fleet Marks. So you don't have to be playing 24 Hours a day.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Not sure about the outrage over this. Not everyone that plays the Tholian scenario are going to want Fleet Marks as rewards. This sort of time gatey-ness might give targets for fleets to target running the events for fleet rewards. Everyone else can run it for the standard rewards other times.

the outrage is that not everyone can make it to timed events because of work/school/sleep or other commitments.

If it was all the time or maybe on a cool down more people could access it.
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    the outrage is that not everyone can make it to timed events because of work/school/sleep or other commitments.

If it was all the time or maybe on a cool down more people could access it.

You see ... THIS I could live with and agree with.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    whatinblueblazeswhatinblueblazes Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I, too, would greatly prefer a cooldown or daily approach to this. I understand that Cryptic may not want people to grind the Nukara ground maps to the exclusion of their other shiny new content, but I agree with all of the other posters who have protested the time-gated approach to the fleet mark awards.

A once-daily or cooldown approach could achieve substantially the same goal without disadvantaging those who are either generally busy with other things or who live in a time zone that isn't conducive to the hours Cryptic selects. Many fleets (mine included) are geographically diverse, and it isn't always easy to gather members together at a given hour.

I would think that allowing users flexibility whenever possible would be optimal. If somebody has only half an hour in a given day to unwind and play STO, it would be nice if they could use that time to do a quick Nukara run for some fleet marks, regardless of the time of day.

Please, devs, consider using a cooldown or daily type limitation for the fleet marks if you feel that you must limit them.
  • Options
    smazazelsmazazel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

No win Scenario
    Colony Invasion

except those are kinda boring slow and just lots of beams running around just a huge pain and waste of time for so very few fleet marks 15 to 20 for like an hour of beams everywhere.
    in tholian you could get 15 in 10 mins. plus they cooldown so you have to keep changing them. only one that was ok is colon invasion. and that is just death over and over.
  • Options
    ascendantflameascendantflame Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The thing with the time gating of the Tholian Invasion fleet marks is rather annoying. It is just common sense and courtesy that an international MMO shouldn't have time-gated content with an active time less than 24 hours. Time-gating the main rewards is exactly the same thing as gating the content, just with added frustration for uninformed players who complete the content and don't understand why they aren't getting rewards.

If the invasion had to be changed to lower the rate of fleet marks, numerous better ways have been suggested. For example, give less fleet marks as rewards, with the event giving a small increase to earned fleet marks. Or, award fleet marks via a set of daily wrapper missions. If a wrapper mission for each mission in the zone is too many, maybe group them into sets such as completing all the easy exterior missions, completing all the medium exterior missions, completing all the zone-wide missions, etc.

Almost anything would be better than arbitrarily locking off the rewards unless you play in a designated time-slot.
  • Options
    gettorixgettorix Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I agree with this. There are other events, but sometimes it's just as much about HOW you get the marks as it is THAT you get the marks.

(I'm a complete fan of the other missions by the way, but I LOVE the Tholian Invasion map. I'm happy to pew-pew down there whenever I have time to kill.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jkirk13jkirk13 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the missions and things were going to be up permanently and that added rewards would be added at cretin times through the calendar. They have said this in interviews and things but maybe it has changed since
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    :mad: was just about to finish a tholian quest and it dropped me right after we will be bringing down tribble , was not impressed about wasting 10 mins :mad:
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    jkirk13 wrote: »
    Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the missions and things were going to be up permanently and that added rewards would be added at cretin times through the calendar.

That is exactly what is happening here.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    usscapital wrote: »
    :mad: was just about to finish a tholian quest and it dropped me right after we will be bringing down tribble , was not impressed about wasting 10 mins :mad:

Its only the test server you'll have to be doing it again anyways once it goes live.
  • Options
    jkirk13jkirk13 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That is exactly what is happening here.

So why is everyone complaining. You can still play the damn things and get 5, 10, or 15 Fleet Marks. Everyone needs to power down. It's not the end of the world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jkirk13 wrote: »
    So why is everyone complaining. You can still play the damn things and get 5, 10, or 15 Fleet Marks. Everyone needs to power down. It's not the end of the world.

You dont get 5, 10 or 15 Fleet Marks unless you play when is the EVENT. And is not the end of the world, for sure.. STO can close tomorrow and the world is going to continue, but is the end of this Mission for anyone that dont have 24% free to play them.

And again, we are mad beacose cryptic lie to use AGAIN.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    horgahnhorgahn Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2012

They're doing WHAT? Way to make fleet advancement impossible, Cryptic. Please do not be deluded that decisions like that will get me to give you money.
    Go Team Venture!
    Wʬ  g+  f  t

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    horgahn wrote: »
    They're doing WHAT? Way to make fleet advancement impossible, Cryptic. Please do not be deluded that decisions like that will get me to give you money.

How does it make it impossible? You still have 6 other group Missions you can do for Marks other then that.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As I said in the July 11 thread:
    trek21 wrote: »
    And I find sad that you all think Cryptic did this intentionally...

That's one way it could have happened. The other is that PWE forced it on them, and they couldn't do a thing about it.

You're all upset about this change. But I'm saying you might want to take a step back, and wait till you find who's really behind the change. Then you can effective target your anger, instead of just railing without thinking.

I don't know which it is myself, but I'm saying wait a little first.
    I'm doing this to make sure people get the message.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    what's the difference between a gated tholian event and a gated defera event. while we're on the subject, fed mirror and kdf mirror?

is it gated just for fleet marks like the updated vault? or is the entire instance gated? if it's just for marks, then that's fine. you have to think about how this event fits into the entire game down the road. if it's just like defera, that's fine too.

no reason to burn out on the event in the first week. there's plenty of ways to obtain fleet marks.
  • Options
    halcyon3halcyon3 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    where has it said the tholian rewards will be time gated??, the way i read it was that if you do the tholian invasion during this calender event you get bonus rewards!! Not that it would be time gated, it is still available 24/7, just when you do the event you get bonus rewards.

Is this just another example of the STO community jumping to comclusions, blowing things out of proportion, jumping on the bandwagon and whining for the sake of whining??
  • Options
    kanrythkanryth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    smazazel wrote: »
    except those are kinda boring slow and just lots of beams running around just a huge pain and waste of time for so very few fleet marks 15 to 20 for like an hour of beams everywhere.
    in tholian you could get 15 in 10 mins. plus they cooldown so you have to keep changing them. only one that was ok is colon invasion. and that is just death over and over.

Are you kidding, 15-20 marks an hour? In Starbase Blockade we were pulling down 50-60 marks EACH in 15 minutes. You need practise my friend! :D
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    halcyon3 wrote: »
    where has it said the tholian rewards will be time gated??, the way i read it was that if you do the tholian invasion during this calender event you get bonus rewards!! Not that it would be time gated, it is still available 24/7, just when you do the event you get bonus rewards.

Is this just another example of the STO community jumping to comclusions, blowing things out of proportion, jumping on the bandwagon and whining for the sake of whining??

Unfortunately not. It has been explicitly stated a few times now, that the content will be available 24/7, but you will *only* receive fleet marks for participating during the calender event spot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.