test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Better Warp Effects

2»

Comments

• darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited August 2012
    No. It has nothing to do with the engine.
    Silly you!

You know as soon as you take a hit to your shields like that, you go to red alert and your warp drive is disabled!

j/k... yes the warp transition definitely needs some work. I posted about this a few months ago. What is the point of having the warp effects and the intrepid's nacelles folding into position if its off the screen? I also think you need to be able to warp out even if under attack. Of course, warp drive is one of the first things to go when starships start taking damage anyway.

I have wanted this for ages. They could give it as a va power on a 1 hr cooldown that allows you to do an epic warpout mid battle.

Just think of the possibilities, I would so pay for that! :D
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hi,

have someone of you had a look on the Tribble-Server? Most of the graphics FX is improved (shadows, Light-sources/relflection, MACO-Warpfield,...).

I think these changes might hit us all on the release of the new season.

Always been seen as stars in the shows, but I prefer to think of them as gamma rays and other cosmic radiation doppler shifted into the visible spectrum by the viewers relative speed.
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited August 2012
    Could we pllleeeaaaassse have much more epic warp entering sequences and fix the camera bugs so we can see the hole ship when it warps

This would be an awesome example to an epic warp sequence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8HccXIseTE&feature=related

Right now they're screwin' their heads into the ceiling, tryin' to put beets back in the replicators, don't confuse them by adding warp geometry to the mix.
  • synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    [Silently he unholsters the [Zombie Control Sniper Rifle of Epicosity Mk XIV], shoots and takes this Zombie thread down!]

This thread was raised from the dead (after no posts for 30 days or more) and it had to be put down.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread raised from the dead which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies simply do not respond and make a report via submitting a Community Ticket (click).

Note that you're more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic (unless there is an existing thread on this topic that has been posted in within 30 days, in which case you can just continue to post in that thread)! :)

Cheers,

kalecto
This discussion has been closed.