test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Ground Weapons

admiraljt#1430 admiraljt Member Posts: 452 Arc User
I'm kind of curious about what these are. Anyone got stats for these, the armor or the shields?
Post edited by admiraljt#1430 on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Basically weapons that have 4 bonuses instead of 3 for purple. I think the Elite Fleet Weapons will have the 4th bonus be a unique power like Nanite Health Monitor every 60 seconds for Elite Fleet ground armor. How they compared to their purple counterparts, I don't know.
  • vladdievladdie Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They might also have unique visuals, looking at the stock placed in front of the weapons vendor on the starbases. Among them a MACO Carbine and some other carbine on the far right side.
    Barihawk.jpg
  • archoncrypticarchoncryptic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Basically weapons that have 4 bonuses instead of 3 for purple. I think the Elite Fleet Weapons will have the 4th bonus be a unique power like Nanite Health Monitor every 60 seconds for Elite Fleet ground armor. How they compared to their purple counterparts, I don't know.

This is actually a pretty good explanation. The new weapons - and other fleet equipment items - are "Ultra Rare" quality rather than Very Rare.

Advanced Fleet items - with some exceptions - are like existing purple gear, but they'll have one extra mod (like [Dmg] or whatnot). Most of the items will have three of one desirable mod (such as damage for weapons or capacity for shields) and one other mod. So, for example, you might have a Fleet Advanced Tetryon Blast Assault Mk XII [Dmg][Dmg][Dmg][CritX], where CritX is half crit rate and half crit severity.

Elite Fleet items will have some sort of unique ability rather than an extra modifier. For example, currently the Elite Fleet Phasers have a proc that has a chance to restore some of the user's shields, and Elite Fleet Disruptors have a proc that has a chance to instantly vaporize targets that are already low on health.

Armor is built a little differently than usual - one of the random "mods" for fleet armor has been replaced with a secondary bonus to whatever that armor type is normally good at. For example, if you're using Utility armor for Energy Damage, the fleet version has a higher Energy Damage bonus than normal Utility armor would provide.

Of course, we're still in test, so this is all subject to possible change.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is actually a pretty good explanation. The new weapons - and other fleet equipment items - are "Ultra Rare" quality rather than Very Rare.

Advanced Fleet items - with some exceptions - are like existing purple gear, but they'll have one extra mod (like [Dmg] or whatnot). Most of the items will have three of one desirable mod (such as damage for weapons or capacity for shields) and one other mod. So, for example, you might have a Fleet Advanced Tetryon Blast Assault Mk XII [Dmg][Dmg][Dmg][CritX], where CritX is half crit rate and half crit severity.

Elite Fleet items will have some sort of unique ability rather than an extra modifier. For example, currently the Elite Fleet Phasers have a proc that has a chance to restore some of the user's shields, and Elite Fleet Disruptors have a proc that has a chance to instantly vaporize targets that are already low on health.

Armor is built a little differently than usual - one of the random "mods" for fleet armor has been replaced with a secondary bonus to whatever that armor type is normally good at. For example, if you're using Utility armor for Energy Damage, the fleet version has a higher Energy Damage bonus than normal Utility armor would provide.

are you talking about just ground stuff? what about space stuff? acc3 crth1 space weapons sounds filthy powerful... but fleet disruptors killing someone who is weak in space, ya rethink that. you can run around near dead for quite a wile as long as your shields are healthy, until your hull heals cooldown again. a fleet disrupter finishing you off when you are otherwise totally viable still thanks to strong shields would be cheaper then a phaser proc dropping your shield and being the only reason you are killed.
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I hope that won't be the case in PVP Matches. (Ground) PVP matches already have enough damage to insta-gib some one pretty eaisly, I'd hate to have to deal with Disruptors on ground becoming the new "To use" weapons just because of the chance to insta kill some one below say 30% health. :rolleyes:
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    are you talking about just ground stuff? what about space stuff? acc3 crth1 space weapons sounds filthy powerful... but fleet disruptors killing someone who is weak in space, ya rethink that. you can run around near dead for quite a wile as long as your shields are healthy, until your hull heals cooldown again. a fleet disrupter finishing you off when you are otherwise totally viable still thanks to strong shields would be cheaper then a phaser proc dropping your shield and being the only reason you are killed.

To clarify, I was just talking about the ground versions. Space items are built similarly, but not identically. The space version of Elite Fleet Disruptors, for example, has a chance to make the target's shields more vulnerable to damage. It doesn't have an instant vaporize effect.

There are no acc3 crith1 weapons for space. They're things like dmg3 acc1, dmg3 crith1, etc.
    I hope that won't be the case in PVP Matches. (Ground) PVP matches already have enough damage to insta-gib some one pretty eaisly, I'd hate to have to deal with Disruptors on ground becoming the new "To use" weapons just because of the chance to insta kill some one below say 30% health.

It's a pretty low health threshold, and it's only a limited chance to proc even when they are low on health. I'll be keeping a close eye on this. While I do expect these will be pretty effective - they're endgame loot - I don't think they will be destroying PvP balance or anything along those lines. We can always adjust them if necessary.
  • thepleasuredomethepleasuredome Member Posts: 308
    edited July 2012
    To clarify, I was just talking about the ground versions. Space items are built similarly, but not identically. The space version of Elite Fleet Disruptors, for example, has a chance to make the target's shields more vulnerable to damage. It doesn't have an instant vaporize effect.

There are no acc3 crith1 weapons for space. They're things like dmg3 acc1, dmg3 crith1, etc.

It's a pretty low health threshold, and it's only a limited chance to proc even when they are low on health. I'll be keeping a close eye on this. While I do expect these will be pretty effective - they're endgame loot - I don't think they will be destroying PvP balance or anything along those lines. We can always adjust them if necessary.

You'd be surprised at the things that can destroy pvp balance in this game, even the most minor of things has a big impact.

We're going to hold you to that "adjust them if necessary" if proper testing isn't done on them before release.
    Arawn & Ihasa
    OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
    Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/738221-monetizing-perfect-world-s-latest-update
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • admiraljt#1430 admiraljt Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Thank you for the reply this helps a lot.
  • thepleasuredomethepleasuredome Member Posts: 308
    edited July 2012
    In the thread talking about new Fleet Ground Weapons (new gear by the Fleet that are Ultra-Rare and come with 4 mods) Archon says this

My Questions are:

What are the new gear for space? is it weapons, deflectors, shields, engines and consoles?

Can we get a full list of the new mods (like the CrtX) mentioned and what they do?

What are going to be the mods available on the space gear? Can we get a list?

How do we get these for testing?

Thanks

Arawn - SOB
    OP *is* the new balance!
    Arawn & Ihasa
    OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
    Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/738221-monetizing-perfect-world-s-latest-update
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • altexistaltexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

we acquire both Advanced Fleet items and Elite Fleet from the starbase vendors, right? Will they both cost Fleet Merits?
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012

A couple of thoughts:

Think you could add the nanopulse weapons in there?

Also, I know I'm always asking for it but I think it makes sense for fleets:

Could we have tanking melee weapons, maybe?

As in, something like:

Advanced Fleet Tegolar [HPP]x3 [Threat]

Or...

Advanced Fleet Bat'leth [HP]x3 [Threat]

Whereas Threat would act as a bonus to Threat Control skill?

Melee weapons already do less damage but a melee weapon that adds survivability could be HUGE for being able to tank. While tanking isn't necessary in STO, it is a social activity.

I think it would be VERY cool if the Advanced and Elite Fleet ground items were targeted at improving healing, fabrications, and tanking as these would really help to advance a fleet's teamwork.

I also think it would be cool if they gave off buffs like the IDIC Tribble that combine for more powerful buffs.
    edited July 2012

glad to hear about that just being a ground proc. i always thought the disruptor proc and the attack pattern beta delta debuff should effect both shields and hull, so im fine with that.

so what will there be that has x3? just dam? if thats the case you guys can keep your fleet weapons, i have no interest in them. only if there was acc2 or more could i possibly have interest, but its likly going to be such a grind to get them that it wont be worth it.
    edited July 2012
    we acquire both Advanced Fleet items and Elite Fleet from the starbase vendors, right? Will they both cost Fleet Merits?

Currently, I believe both Advanced and Elite Fleet equipment will be costing a combination of Fleet Credits and Dilithium.
    Think you could add the nanopulse weapons in there?

It's possible we might see more nanopulse weapons at some point in the future, but they're not currently scheduled to go into the fleet stores at this time. This could always change.
    I think it would be VERY cool if the Advanced and Elite Fleet ground items were targeted at improving healing, fabrications, and tanking as these would really help to advance a fleet's teamwork.

Well, we certainly might make more items that are designed to improve support roles in the future, but the current Advanced and Elite items aren't built with that type of focus.

That being said, you might find that Operational Assets help to serve the type of function you're discussing. Operational Assets are consumable items that have a major impact on a mission, but have an extremely long cooldown. Coordinating the usage of different Operational Assets can definitely add to the teamwork and coordination side of play.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Archon Cryptic;

Can you clarify what the official name is for the new rarity level? Will it be "Ultra Rare" or just "Fleet"? We're hoping to update the STO wiki page on rarity to accomodate the addition:

http://www.stowiki.org/Rarity#Rarity_Levels

Is this rarity level reserved for Fleet items, or will we ever see items outside of the Fleet mechanic with this rarity level?

The overlay for these items has a fleet symbol in the bottom left - will we see uncommon, rare or very rare items with that symbol? By which I guess I mean: does the colour of the overlay and the presence of the fleet symbol necessarily go hand in hand?

Thanks!
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ...- I don't think they will be destroying PvP balance or anything along those lines. We can always adjust them if necessary.

actually we have been told that balance passes are extremely time consuming and not going to happen in the foreseeable future, of course you guys just buffed the Jem bug...so which one is it? /sarcasm_1: how about buffing the spiral wave disruptor up to 5 mods i mean they need to stay competitive too right?
    edited July 2012
    Archon Cryptic;

Can you clarify what the official name is for the new rarity level? Will it be "Ultra Rare" or just "Fleet"? We're hoping to update the STO wiki page on rarity to accomodate the addition:

http://www.stowiki.org/Rarity#Rarity_Levels

Is this rarity level reserved for Fleet items, or will we ever see items outside of the Fleet mechanic with this rarity level?

The overlay for these items has a fleet symbol in the bottom left - will we see uncommon, rare or very rare items with that symbol? By which I guess I mean: does the colour of the overlay and the presence of the fleet symbol necessarily go hand in hand?

Thanks!

The name of the rarity level is Ultra Rare.

This rarity level is only used for Fleet items at this time. It's possible we could use it on other items later, but for the moment, it's just for Fleet stuff.

It is unlikely that you will see any other item quality levels with fleet icons. For the moment, the symbol overlay does indicate a Fleet item, but it's not necessarily guaranteed to stay that way.
    edited July 2012
    havam wrote: »
    actually we have been told that balance passes are extremely time consuming and not going to happen in the foreseeable future, of course you guys just buffed the Jem bug...so which one is it? /sarcasm_1: how about buffing the spiral wave disruptor up to 5 mods i mean they need to stay competitive too right?

thats not funny :o
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, we certainly might make more items that are designed to improve support roles in the future, but the current Advanced and Elite items aren't built with that type of focus.

That being said, you might find that Operational Assets help to serve the type of function you're discussing. Operational Assets are consumable items that have a major impact on a mission, but have an extremely long cooldown. Coordinating the usage of different Operational Assets can definitely add to the teamwork and coordination side of play.

I thought the Operational Assets only usable in the new Fleet events? How will they help PvP?
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    felderburg wrote: »
    I thought the Operational Assets only usable in the new Fleet events? How will they help PvP?

They won't. PvP was never mentioned :confused: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The name of the rarity level is Ultra Rare.

This rarity level is only used for Fleet items at this time. It's possible we could use it on other items later, but for the moment, it's just for Fleet stuff.

It is unlikely that you will see any other item quality levels with fleet icons. For the moment, the symbol overlay does indicate a Fleet item, but it's not necessarily guaranteed to stay that way.

Thanks very much! :)
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I really don't like this, because its forcing people to be in fleets to get the best gear. And STO is pretty much still a single player game.

And by what you said, this is going to trivalize the STF gear, because who would want that garbage. Which means nobody would want to do STFs anymore. So if you're still doing STFs, well guess what, finding groups is going to be impossible.

As for "Ultra Rare", you better put in a new color, because using Purple for Very Rare isn't a smart move.

You guys might as well end it PvP and now, because I guarantee you this is it's death nell. Vaporize targets on low health? Health recovery procs? You guys obviously havn't learned anything when the Ground System was changed, have you?

So go right ahead and put PvP out of it's misery.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As for "Ultra Rare", you better put in a new color, because using Purple for Very Rare isn't a smart move.

I heard it was called ultraviolet. It uses a weird font where the top part of the font is one color and the bottom part of the font is another color. I think the colors used are blue and purple. It has been a while since I last saw them.
  • arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    One half complains that you need to join a fleet to get the "best gear" and the other complains that the fleet weapons are useless and that the devs can keep them. :rolleyes:

archoncryptic: Thank you for giving us this sneak peek. Do you know what kind of consoles we will be able to get? I'm thinking it's hard to add a special effect to those, so they are just Purple Mk XII? Still, if it was it would finally make it affordable for the average player to obtain VR Mk XII phaser regulators and field generator consoles.
    edited July 2012
    archoncryptic: Thank you for giving us this sneak peek. Do you know what kind of consoles we will be able to get? I'm thinking it's hard to add a special effect to those, so they are just Purple Mk XII? Still, if it was it would finally make it affordable for the average player to obtain VR Mk XII phaser regulators and field generator consoles.

Sorry, no new consoles yet. Maybe eventually.
    And by what you said, this is going to trivalize the STF gear, because who would want that garbage. Which means nobody would want to do STFs anymore. So if you're still doing STFs, well guess what, finding groups is going to be impossible.

We intentionally designed these items to be sort of a "sidegrade" to STF gear in most cases, rather than a direct upgrade. There are going to be some cases where players will consider the item from the STF to be the "best in slot" and other cases where players will probably consider the fleet item to be better. The Fleet items do not give set bonuses at this time, which definitely gives the STF gear an edge for the people that want to work for it.

Also, as Dan mentioned in the most recent "Ask Cryptic", STFs will be revisited in Season 7.

Currently, Operational Assets are not usable in PvP.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Also, as Dan mentioned in the most recent "Ask Cryptic", STFs will be revisited in Season 7.

So basically what I am understanding is that for one based on what Salami said... Gozer's plan is nixed so no trading stf stuff between your own characters. As well it will be 6+ months or more before we get the new redone/redux stf's to grind into oblivion *again* LOL.

Funny part is that these XII sets are labeled as prestige when they are nothing but luck and if you have horrible luck as I do your gameplay skill is not showing in this prestige where as you have people who que and just tag along or afk to get the gear. Here is hoping something is done between season 6 and 7 for STF revisiting and hopefully its a positive change.
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012
    I only use STF gear for STF's mainly because their third modifier, [borg] is pretty much useless elsewhere unless you are replaying borg missions or in b'tran doing missions with mobs. When I do STFs or leave them, I always switch to my Borg variants and then back to my crafted MKXI purples. I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't want to, though I can't remember if the damage numbers are different.

Now, if the [Borg] modifier was a fourth modifier, that would be a little be better and would be worth having on all the time maybe
  • stoickes1stoickes1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I saw there is no set bonuses for fleet gear. Are there any cosmetic changes coming like stf sets?
  • equinoxinvictusequinoxinvictus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Does anybody know if they do cost dilithium, and if so, how much?
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Does anybody know if they do cost dilithium, and if so, how much?

All the fleet items will cost a combination of fleet credits and dilithium. For a full list of the prices, specs, and procs, you can go to the Fleet Requisition store in the Starbase. Even if you do not have it unlocked, you can "window shop."

And If you are not in a fleet by now... sucks to be you :rolleyes:
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited July 2012
    Well, so far the advanced fleet weapons compared to a full stf set are junk. Not worth the cost and grind. Maybe it will change with the elite fleet weapons.