test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Minor] Bug: Cannot use or discard Datachips on Nukara Ground

blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Tribble - Bug Reports
BUG: Cannot use or discard Datachips on Nukara Ground Map

Description. Trying to clear inventory, double-clicking datachips in inventory says 'you can't equip that item'. Right-click gives only 'Info', no choice to use or discard. Double-click while in Base Camp gives message 'you can't equip that item'; however, right-click will allow you to discard.

CATEGORY :

User Interface (UI), Inventory Items-Datachips

How to reproduce (If known.)

1- Open inventory
2- Double-click on datachip
3-Receive message 'you can't equip that item'

1-Open inventory
2-Right-click on datachip
3-No option to 'Use' or 'Discard'

1-Open inventory
2-Drag datachip out of inventory
3-Will not move or discard

Cannot use or discard on Nukara Prime ground map(s)-I believe I was in Bravo area.
Can discard at home base

####
Commentary

A minor annoyance, but still irritating when your inventory is full and you can't get rid of something.

It is quite possible that I already had the three datachips that I was attempting to get rid of, so I can't say for sure that you cannot 'use' them by right-clicking at home base, I didn't think to check until after discard & server kicked me out while typing this so can't check the log, sorry.

However, the datachips had no option to discard on the ground map, and dragging off the inventory bar did not work either.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
"Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
Post edited by blackjackwidow on

Comments

• trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Datachips are not meant to be equipped in the first place, they're meant to be used, giving you a handful of history in the accolade.

But anyway, yeah, none of the Tholian ground map's unique items have a discard option. So you can't get rid of extras
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • hyoukihyouki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Likewise, inventory fillilng with Phase Stabilizer Shut Down Codes I can't discard, nor can I use them since the mission they are for is bugging out again. Also for Crystal Fragments.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    Datachips are not meant to be equipped in the first place, they're meant to be used, giving you a handful of history in the accolade.

I know - which is why I reported the message 'you can't equip that item' - doesn't make sense. Double-clicking normally 'uses' it, or does nothing if you already have one

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • glasswordsglasswords Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Check out the release notes for today. This has been fixed. Haven't tested it yet myself though.