test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request for Fleet Contribution Daily Limits like in Bank

tigergtigerg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
With the current amount of credits being assigned for things such as Expertise, I would like to request the ability to implement a daily "contribution limit." If someone waits for the moment a new project starts they can easily drop all of the Expertise required and get large amounts of fleet credits. It is nice to have the ability to limit the ability to contribute to certain levels, but I don't think that makes as much sense as daily limits such as with the fleet bank.

Any thoughts on this? (be constructive please!)
Tigergixxer - Tides of War / Tides of War Club Member and Tides of War Fleet Counsel
Looking for a great community of friends to play Star Trek and many other games? We are a mature gaming community and welcoming new friends and members!
Visit our forums: http://tidesofwar.net
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by tigerg on

Comments

• jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Only if the Daily Limit can be set by the Fleet Leader, not as a fixed cap like Dilithium refining. A fixed cap would be really bad for smaller fleets. In the end it is up to the fleet to control the amount of contributing themselves.
  • tigergtigerg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree and should have been more clear. It definitely must be a fleet decision and under fleet leadership control. It should NOT be an umbrella for all fleets.
    Tigergixxer - Tides of War / Tides of War Club Member and Tides of War Fleet Counsel
    Looking for a great community of friends to play Star Trek and many other games? We are a mature gaming community and welcoming new friends and members!
    Visit our forums: http://tidesofwar.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • b0ldlyg01ngb0ldlyg01ng Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    +5 I can see that being a problem especially with larger fleets and more zealous individuals.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    +5 I can see that being a problem especially with larger fleets and more zealous individuals.

Agreed but I can see where having it as a requirement would be an issue for one person fleets.

If so, maybe a known workaround like we have to do for dil processing by alts would have to be come up with.

Of course if I was running a fleet and someone came along and wanted to dump a ton of stuff that we needed into the queue, I have to wonder if it would really be an issue. I haven;t touched fleetbase stuff yet so I;m not in a position to see.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Should be only for certain things. Duty Officers should not be on a cap and not sure about commodities since that usually involves purchasing a ton of them. Some have hundreds of millions of EC while others have less so it makes sense to allow rich fleet members to provide the commodities.
  • esuziesuzi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Honestly, being in a larger fleet there really needs to be a system to limit Contributions. Even something as simple as saying this rank can only earn x amount of fleet credits a day via contributions may work. Things like expertise would probably fill first regardless, but it would stop one person from filling out everything but the fleet marks before anyone even noticed the assignment was up.
  • yris3yris3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yes, I am in favor of a daily cap, the easiest way to implement it would be a daily Fleet Credits cap, like the dilithium refining system. So it does not matter what you want to contribute with: expertise, duty officers, dilithium...At a certain point, determined by the Fleet Leader (if enabled, because in small Fleet you will look for contributions and encourage them, so the limitation must be enabled and not forced on all the Fleets of the server), you are on cooldown for 24h.

If you have gathered resources specifically, nothing prevents you to mail them to a Fleetmate who would contribute and so on.

I explain the way I see it there: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=299291

And the Official Fleetbase thread is focused on limitations too:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=280431&page=19
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I second it only because I see the logic in it, but personally won't use such a thing because it is also a pretty good measure as to the activity of the players involved in a small fleet just as much as having a governor on it would help a large fleet. And both my fleets are small ;-)
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If all your concerned about is the amount of FC gained from expertise, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Earlier today I dropped in 25000 Expertise and only got 800 FC for it. I got more Fc for putting in Fleet marks.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree with the daily limits.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • bhaal42bhaal42 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    After some thoughts it's not a daily limit that's needed. It's a 45min cool down on contributing more than 5% to a single project in the first 24 hours. And you won't be slowed down as much as a daily limit on total contributions would.
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    can somebody explain me why? i mean, isnt it good when everyone puts in as much as possible?
    What ? Calaway.
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tebsu wrote: »
    can somebody explain me why? i mean, isnt it good when everyone puts in as much as possible?

Because if one person sees an assignment available for contribution and donates dilithium, doffs, expertise and commodities they get fleet credits while other members of the fleet will miss out on this and get no fleet credits until the next cycle unless someone fills that too. This is the reason larger fleets may endure some internal strife and bickering over who gets to donate what.
    I think throttling the contributions would only serve to further slow down a small fleets progression. To add to the discussion I would be in favour of some kind of fleet wide contribution system in addition to the individual one in place.

For example our fleet has quite a lot of stock piled resources in our fleet bank . . . we all put in as we knew the coming starbase system would require resource inputs. What will happen under the current system is that people will be tempted just to strip the Fleet Bank of the lot so they can claim personal credit.

I know that the ranking system could be used to limit what ppl take out but we have most of our members at max rank (we found the rank system needlessly restrictive / divisive before)

I hope we can all play nice but you never know.

I'd propose that anything that can be used for starbase contributions that gets put in the fleet bank can ONLY be used to upgrade the starbase if everyone gets equal credit for the contribution of those resources. Would be hell to implement however.
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    caliban149 wrote: »
    I think throttling the contributions would only serve to further slow down a small fleets progression. To add to the discussion I would be in favour of some kind of fleet wide contribution system in addition to the individual one in place.

For example our fleet has quite a lot of stock piled resources in our fleet bank . . . we all put in as we knew the coming starbase system would require resource inputs. What will happen under the current system is that people will be tempted just to strip the Fleet Bank of the lot so they can claim personal credit.

I know that the ranking system could be used to limit what ppl take out but we have most of our members at max rank (we found the rank system needlessly restrictive / divisive before)

I hope we can all play nice but you never know.

I'd propose that anything that can be used for starbase contributions that gets put in the fleet bank can ONLY be used to upgrade the starbase if everyone gets equal credit for the contribution of those resources. Would be hell to implement however.

Well the max. daily contribution can be calculated from the number of members. SO the progress is same for all guilds. Aka 1 member = 100%, 100 members 1%.

I guess the point is that everyone has same chance to earn stuff, considering he can log once per day.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • snipe048snipe048 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I like the Fleet sets it's own limit idea, Because a universal cap would kill my 5-man fleet.

Founder and Current CO of Gamma Strike Force

Player since December 2009
  • echodarksidedechodarksided Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The expectation that Starbase resources donation will be sustained long term in any fleet is a false expectation, and the system would be badly distorted if decisions made for Holodeck are too heavily influenced by the results of Tribble - which are badly distorted by character copy method.
  • summonerdeltasummonerdelta Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What about instead of applying a limit to how much a member can contribute or a daily cap, why not have a fleet pool? This way anyone can contribute what they want, and the project pulls from that instead of contributing to the individual projects. No longer a race to be the first one in.
  • hvostikhvostik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have the feeling most of you are missing the real problem: different resources have different difficulty of getting your hands on. For example, the effort to grab normal comodities i.e. "Shield Generators" is very low even if you wish to go for 75% discount at ESD or trader in sector space (not to mention happy Tuffly owners). On the other hand collecting 120 white engineering duty officers requires time and luck (or huge loads of ECs, and I am sure the reserves on exchanged will not last, many hoard doffs even now).
    The coefficient in rewarding submission of different type resources if one problem (and as they are on Tribble isnt very fair imho), but this is not my point.
    Point is, some lucky fella will contribute some "Medical Supplies" and "Colonists", while others will have to find for ex. "Uncommon Diplomatic Duty Officer" or "Heavy Phaser Turrets" (i.e. things which require effort and time or many ECs to get) while getting lower fleet money reward in it.
    I dont know about contribution limits or anything, but i would propose that contribution be made in batches, with each batch containing equal portion of each resource! I.e. if project requires 50 colonists and 150 Provisions, any single contribution would be 10 colonists and 30 provision units. This will solve all my current concerns:)

---
    And yes, you can always let your comrad a hand if he needs for ex. 1 colonist to get full batch.
  • joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Playing this weekend on tribble I agree with the limits. It seemed like a race to fill up the positions, and somethings when two people were donating at the same time my game would lock up with a "donating" status.

And for the record I am in a larger fleet.
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hmm i wonder what will happen when the fleetbase is at toplevel. does that mean nobody gets any credits anymore or is it like the DOFF thing, so we always actually have something to contribute ?
    What ? Calaway.
  • warrenjameswarrenjames Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tebsu wrote: »
    hmm i wonder what will happen when the fleetbase is at toplevel. does that mean nobody gets any credits anymore or is it like the DOFF thing, so we always actually have something to contribute ?

Provisioning assignments will always need to be done, so there will always be room to donate for fleet credits.
  • edude3edude3 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I like the idea of making restrictions. However i think that the restrictions should be scaling depending on the size of the fleet so that way smaller fleets wouldn't be harmed. And with that put in something so that many people would drop when the project is building and rejoin when the project is completed so as to avoid the restrictions. Also i think that the expertise and fleet mark contributions for the projects for bigger fleets should be more and should scale in fleet size. Because if your player is level 50 and only halfway through the romulan storyline you can have over 400,000 expertise and giving 10,000 or more to one fleet project is nothing and it doesn't even make a dent. Also i think that for the fleet ships especially that the number produced per project should be more for bigger fleets. Basically i think the bigger the fleet some daily restrictions on contributions and the amounts needed for expertise and fleet marks should scale along with the fleet ship building projects. This way smaller fleets wont be hurt and there wont be as much of a dilemma deciding on weather to join a big or a small fleet.

Also another idea would be to set up limits for contributions for each hour. They would scale with the size of the fleet and the project. Also another possibility would be to change the amount of rewards given. Say that someone gives 100 of something so they get 100 fleet credits. Lets say in two hours they give 500 of something, so they would get 500 fleet credits. I say that if a person gives over a certain amount in a two day time period the amount of fleet credits they should get for each contribution should go down. This would help everybody contribute and it would stop everything from filling up right away. Obliviously a system would need to be made to equal all of the contributions like one fleet mark equals 1 point where one contraband or duty officer equals three points and your limit for every two days is 100 points. Also there would be ways to increase the point limit. Or what about a fleet bank reward. like perfect world each day puts up a random fleet donation list for items to be used on future projects and you get fleet marks for contributing to it. Then these resources would go to fleet projects so that way every body would be able to benefit.
  • edude1701ivedude1701iv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What about type contributions. Like if you are a science officer you have unlimited contributions to science projects but you are limited in your contributions to tact or eng projects. Also this would be scaling and set by devs depending on fleet size and the number of each type of officer in the fleet along with the tier of the project.