test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"I have my EVA suit on but I'm still burning!"

hyoukihyouki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Tribble - Bug Reports
Bug: People appear to be wearing their EVA suit, but still burst into flames upon exiting the protected dome.

Cause: When the armor visual is turned on, if an EVA suit is being worn, it shows the EVA suit regardless of whether it's actually "activated" or not.

Suggested solution: change the Armor Visual ON but Suit OFF mode to show the EVA suit without its helmet. It lets you show off your armor, but still lets you know that if you go into vacuum that way, you're going to have a bad time.

Related: If Armor Visual is turned off, when wearing your EVA suit you get the generic suit texture from the "Boldly They Rode" armor, rather than the texture of the suit you're wearing.

Mostly Unrelated: As an Andorian, it's very uncomfortable folding my antennae down to fit in the helmet; I'm about ready to have engineering drill holes in the helmet for them, breaching suit integrity be damned! ....please advise.
Post edited by hyouki on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe change the suit to have an "inactive" mode with different visuals when enviromental protection is inactive?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    hyoukihyouki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That was my notion; show the suit, but without the helm, or something.
  • Options
    roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I had to keep pressing the activate EVA suit button over and over again until it finally worked. Try that and see what happens.
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hyouki wrote: »
    That was my notion; show the suit, but without the helm, or something.

Have the toolbar icon change, maybe.