test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback: Fleetbase contributions (Houston, we 've got a problem)

yris3yris3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I am part of a huge Fleet, divided in 5 Fleets, 3 Feds, 2 KDF

Total toons (estimated): 1500
Total players (estimated) : 350

I have tested the Fleetbase and new content on tribble with fleetmates and random people and we are very happy with what's coming for Season 6, great work guys.

Problem:
I have a HUGE concern, and I am not alone, about the fact that there is no limitations/day on the max contribution a toon can make on a Fleet project.
As it is, nothing prevents the person in charge of "managing Fleet holdings" to gather all the resources necessary (but Fleetmarks), start the project, fill everything within 2 minutes and thus get all the Fleet Credits.
A more realistic way to see things, in a 500 toons Fleet only 10 toons or so will bank Fleet Credits via the resources, the 490 other will have to grind Fleetmarks and share what's left to get basically.

As a matter of fact, we don't all play in the same timezone, so what if I wake up to find I cannot contribute to the new project because it has been started during the night for me?

Of course we can check via the leaderboard who gets the most Fleet Credits, then what? It was advised to create a jail rank for "contributing too much", because it is obvious that we want all our members to contribute on the Fleetbases and not only a few ones or just the Officers or the hardcore players so everyone will be allowed to "contribute" via the permissions.

Solution:

Please consider adding a Fleet Credits cap per day, exactly the same way the dilithium refining works, just allow the amount to be set or the Fleet Credits cap to be disabled by the leader.
It is obvious that small Fleets will want a larger cap than large Fleets, and people should not be hindered with a set cap for the whole server.
Post edited by yris3 on

Comments

• kattarnkattarn Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I see it fine as is working now, plenty of time to get fleet credits + is everybody in your fleet playing 24/7?, cause fleet credits are easy to get you get 250 credits each 5 Marks i guess so
    i vote to remain it as is working now.
  • voyager316voyager316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree that the fleet admiral should have the option to set a cap. Nothing mandatory, just so that the said problem is avoided.
  • yawnewiyawnewi Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree. A cap needs to be set. As of now, this is a system that can be greatly taken advantage of if it isn't controlled in some way.
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Promoting further elitism.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Promoting further elitism.

Yup, those that are online during the times the missions end will be the ones that get the credits. I've seen it with both the official test fleet, but more importantly in the test fleet that mirrors the fleet I am in on Holodeck. In the official fleet the missions are typically filled virtually immediately so pretty much all of the missions start (and are filled) at the same time as they are 20 hour missions. There is a 4 hour offset fortunately so that eventually they will rotate through the day, but in the other fleet that is not the case. At least in the mirror fleet I am in the missions have finally started to stagger, but they are also taking 3-4 hours to finally fill with everything that isn't Dilithium and Expertise so the time they finish are about the same time every day. The only real alternative are the Special projects that don't really do anything for the fleet (and thus many of the people in the "mirror" fleet I am in don't want to waste their items and such on things that do nothing for the fleet).
  • zorena#3961 zorena Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So the problem is you have too many who want to get it done? Oh geez what a problem.

Please no caps or let players set the caps individually in their fleets.
    Noone.
  • recksracerrecksracer Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How about you just have the people in your fleet exercise some self control?

The game keeps track of how much each player contributes, if somebody is really hogging the xp to the detriment of the fleet just boot thier greedy TRIBBLE.

They shouldnt have to waste thier limited dev time to police fleet contributions.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Let them.

Seems to me it's going to come down to fleet marks anyway. That's going to be the bottleneck.

The commodities only give a small fleet credit anyway. I think 5 for each? While the marks are 100 I believe.