test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possible EV status update to Mk XII STF Gear

would it be possible for us to get EV suit status on the Mk XII M.A.C.O, Honor Guard and Omega Gear?

link it to a set power so you'd be required to have all three parts equipped for it to work.

or possibly when ever you get TD updated and inline with the other STF's you could put out a fourth part to the sets... a Kit perhaps

Mk X | Mk XI | Mk XII Environmental Kit ( Mk X for EDCs and Common Borg Salvage, Mk XI for Twice the EDCs of the Mk X or Rare Borg Salvage, and the Mk XII for Prototype Kit Tech )

just an idea.
Post edited by redshirtjohnson#9017 on

Comments

• alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Problem is though that the STF gear does not have a costume as part of it, it unlocks one.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    would it be possible for us to get EV suit status on the Mk XII M.A.C.O, Honor Guard and Omega Gear?

link it to a set power so you'd be required to have all three parts equipped for it to work.

or possibly when ever you get TD updated and inline with the other STF's you could put out a fourth part to the sets... a Kit perhaps

Mk X | Mk XI | Mk XII Environmental Kit ( Mk X for EDCs and Common Borg Salvage, Mk XI for Twice the EDCs of the Mk X or Rare Borg Salvage, and the Mk XII for Prototype Kit Tech )

just an idea.

I agree with this, atleast for the Mk XII sets, because they have gloves and helments and are sealed... although I think for this to happen they need to also move the Mk XII stuff from prototype tech drops to actually being bought with EDCs so that more people have access to them... (me for instance will likely never be able to do the elite ground STFs to get the drops for the Mk XII set, Im just not that good at ground stuff)
    7NGGeUP.png

• redshirtjohnson#9017 redshirtjohnson Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Problem is though that the STF gear does not have a costume as part of it, it unlocks one.

well it's got it's visuals and then it's got the unlock. but the visuals alone wouldn't permit such an EV status. the Unlock's would.

it would be nice because one would think that ( expect maybe for the honor guard's exposed chest ) the helmets and armor would shield you from all types of hostel environments.
    edited July 2012
    I agree with this, atleast for the Mk XII sets, because they have gloves and helments and are sealed... although I think for this to happen they need to also move the Mk XII stuff from prototype tech drops to actually being bought with EDCs so that more people have access to them... (me for instance will likely never be able to do the elite ground STFs to get the drops for the Mk XII set, Im just not that good at ground stuff)

wish you the best at getting the full set of which ever type your after. I was luck enough to get mine over a mater of months,

from what I'm to understand is that the current STF Mk XII gear will be moved down to the EDCs Store when they release a new set ( Projected to be between seasons seven and eight ) most likely for twice the cost of the Mk XI set pieces in EDCs so expect to pay like something like 240EDCs for the Mk XII sets
    edited July 2012
    wish you the best at getting the full set of which ever type your after. I was luck enough to get mine over a mater of months,

from what I'm to understand is that the current STF Mk XII gear will be moved down to the EDCs Store when they release a new set ( Projected to be between seasons seven and eight ) most likely for twice the cost of the Mk XI set pieces in EDCs so expect to pay like something like 240EDCs for the Mk XII sets

Thanks for the wishes of luck... but I know I'll never get it... I can barely handle normal ground missions the ESTFs are a no go for me...

I dont mind having to pay lots of EDCs for it, I would be happy to pay it.
    7NGGeUP.png

edited July 2012
    Thanks for the wishes of luck... but I know I'll never get it... I can barely handle normal ground missions the ESTFs are a no go for me...

I dont mind having to pay lots of EDCs for it, I would be happy to pay it.

well if you ever want to run the Elite STFs just let us here at the 44th Fleet know, we're always up to running them and who know's you might be just lucky enough to get the prototype drops I've see it happen three or four times where the new guy gets a prototype drop first time out.
  • radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Or, better yet, we should get an item slot under our kit slot that lets us put on statless EV suits, so we can keep our awesome armour and abilities.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
    edited July 2012
    well if you ever want to run the Elite STFs just let us here at the 44th Fleet know, we're always up to running them and who know's you might be just lucky enough to get the prototype drops I've see it happen three or four times where the new guy gets a prototype drop first time out.

Lucky enough to get a prototype drop? I used up my like on my first KA space elite run when I got the deflector tech... Ive been running Infected for months now and have got nothing.

Who knows, I may take you up on your offer, I do really want Mk XII MACO...

But back to the topic at hand the post above me would make sense... I think the EV suits should be a separate slot anyway, because if you want to have the special suit visuals (some of them are blue or gold or what not) you have to turn the armor visuals on... and then when you go back to regular armor... you wind up with ugly armor on over your uniform...
    7NGGeUP.png

edited July 2012
    radkip wrote: »
    Or, better yet, we should get an item slot under our kit slot that lets us put on statless EV suits, so we can keep our awesome armour and abilities.

that could work. it wouldn't even have to be statless it could just add EV resistance stats to the Armor. I was thinking A kit or even a device. but lets see what the devs have to say...
    edited July 2012
    Lucky enough to get a prototype drop? I used up my like on my first KA space elite run when I got the deflector tech... Ive been running Infected for months now and have got nothing.

Who knows, I may take you up on your offer, I do really want Mk XII MACO...

But back to the topic at hand the post above me would make sense... I think the EV suits should be a separate slot anyway, because if you want to have the special suit visuals (some of them are blue or gold or what not) you have to turn the armor visuals on... and then when you go back to regular armor... you wind up with ugly armor on over your uniform...

Well the offer is always open. even with season six coming soon and us moving focus on to the building of our starbase, We'll still be running the STFs on a regular bases. you don't ever have to be a member of our fleet to run them with us, but if you do run with us and decide to join, we'd love to have you.

and I agree I like their post. it's sound and could be a good way to go... we'll see what it's the grate thing about a living MMO, so long as there is the will, there is a way to adapt and make things better for all.
    edited July 2012
    Well the offer is always open. even with season six coming soon and us moving focus on to the building of our starbase, We'll still be running the STFs on a regular bases. you don't ever have to be a member of our fleet to run them with us, but if you do run with us and decide to join, we'd love to have you.

and I agree I like their post. it's sound and could be a good way to go... we'll see what it's the grate thing about a living MMO, so long as there is the will, there is a way to adapt and make things better for all.

If you have anyset times for when you run the STFs could you shoot me an in game mail at the @handle in my sig?
    7NGGeUP.png