test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

'No Emblem' ship option.

jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
Is there any chance we could get a 'No Emblem' option for our ships? Several ships - Venture, Defiant, Galaxy, Odyssey, and the like all have several identifying marks on them already, the tacky blue 'UFP' logo doesn't need to be there.

It's easy to make a blank emblem if you're in a private fleet, but unless you want to play alone big fleets want an identifier.

Even if it was a Zen Store purchase, I would be interested.
Post edited by jer5488 on

Comments

• admlshakeadmlshake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah I always found this annoying. Why does the Federation logo need to be on there? It's not like you'll warp into an area and someone will wonder what faction you are with.
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    your joking, right, they are just following how it is done in the series and movies. True I too would like an option to have no logo. I think you guys need to watch star trek series and movies again.
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I like my fleet logo, but it would be nice to see some other non-fleet options like a TOS/TNG/DS9 style combadge logo, or a bajoran logo, or IDIC...
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Personally, I wouldn't mind being able to set multiple fleet logos, just like you can set multiple fleet uniforms. With the drop down menu the tech must be already there. My fleet in particular has several "squadrons" operating in STO, each of which would have it's own emblem if possible. And this would allow fleets to create alternate "blank" or "low-vis" emblems.
  • podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What I want to know is.. why is the UFP logo STILL upside down on ships?
    7n4nvF5.png
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    for that matter, why haven't they fixed the reversed logos on some ships, not all fleet logos are symmetrical.
  • cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    raj011 wrote: »
    your joking, right, they are just following how it is done in the series and movies. True I too would like an option to have no logo. I think you guys need to watch star trek series and movies again.

You may wish to rewatch them yourself.

The logos for the UFP or individual fleets does not appear emblazoned on the hulls of Starfleet vessels in canon Star Trek.

How it's done in STO isn't following how it's done in the series and movies at all.
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cormoran wrote: »
    You may wish to rewatch them yourself.

The logos for the UFP or individual fleets does not appear emblazoned on the hulls of Starfleet vessels in canon Star Trek.

How it's done in STO isn't following how it's done in the series and movies at all.

true they are not on the exterior of the ship but is 100% in the interior of the ship in the tv series and movies.

Would be nice to turn off the logos and engine trials to.