test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best place to get Duty office REFUGEE?

airwaneairwane Member Posts: 43 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Duty Officer System and R&D
I was wondering if anyone knew where you can get refugee as will need a lot of them to make Starbase.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by airwane on

Comments

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    airwane wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone knew where you can get refugee as will need a lot of them to make Starbase.

Fast way is doing LOTS of Support Missions in Exploration clusters (finishing the Colony Chain). Even if you don't get a critical, you still end up with refugees.

It's much, much tougher with Klingons since they get their refugees through Refugee gathering misisons, which are tough to find.

Other ways of getting refugees is via Civilian Recruiting DOFF missions in the Academy.

Another is pure luck when doing the Gamma Recruiting missions or the "Upgrading" DOFFs in the Academy (the one where you exchange 5 commons to get a uncommon, 5 uncommons to get a rare, or 5 rare to get a Very Rare DOFF).

And of course the final version is buying it off the exchange.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I wonder what will be more "canon" ?
    Using refugees as cheap labor , or as "building material" (Chicago mobster style) .

What ?
    Do I have to point out that using refugees to build starbases is a bit ... I dunno , not-so-PC ? :rolleyes:
    Yeah , I know , it's a game .
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Aren't they just slaves? After all you can buy them off of the exchange.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    STO need to put more DOFF mission to get refugees and they price in Exchange are going high
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    STO need to put more DOFF mission to get refugees and they price in Exchange are going high

That's why you bought them last week. ;)

Some of us have been stockpiling for a month now.
  • Options
    trillambassadortrillambassador Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That's why you bought them last week. ;)

Some of us have been stockpiling for a month now.
    I was unaware prices have gotten higher.

If I had known, I would not have run all mine down to auction in New Orelans!
  • Options
    sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    These things are worth money?
    Why do I keep on sending them on Asylum missions then?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I was unaware prices have gotten higher.

Purple refugees have always been high. The commons were usually purchased for under 50k and normally you could get them for a lot cheaper than that.

The issue though is that you can only have a max of 20 at one time. From what I saw, you'll have a need for colonists before you'll need refugees. I have more colonists than I have refugees.
  • Options
    joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    refugee prices flux btw 150k-280k per doff on the exchange for common. Honestly I am not sure the rhyme or reason to pricing. One hour Kaass is worth 150, the next he is worth 280. What I do know is that refugees and gamma quadrant commodities can make some serious coin on the exchange.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    sdkraust wrote: »
    These things are worth money?
    Why do I keep on sending them on Asylum missions then?

they are precious to build fleet starbase
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Refugee's for SB's sound rediculus, civilians would have been better. :rolleyes:

I have 0 for my three SF characters and 1 (which I don't even know how I got) on my three KDF characters.
  • Options
    donbp1974donbp1974 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Even avatars have to earn their keep. It's just like real life with those fence hopping Mexicans lol
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    If you follow the DOFF channel it's pretty easy to get refugees. I think I can get 4-5 a day btw all the different exploration areas. Plus if you get a crit you get a blue or purple DOFF, if its from B'tran you get one of the Borg DOFF.
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    joenatl wrote: »
    If you follow the DOFF channel it's pretty easy to get refugees. I think I can get 4-5 a day btw all the different exploration areas. Plus if you get a crit you get a blue or purple DOFF, if its from B'tran you get one of the Borg DOFF.

Crits on support missions always get you purple doffs, not blues. The only time you get a blue is when you complete the "renown" (7/7) exploration mission.

Yeah, I'm swimming in refugees too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When you've done all the colonization chains, you'll have too many refugees. I'm always stuck with 30 or more, before I choose to store them in the mail system.

What we need is more asylum missions, not more refugees. :)
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    There have been a ton of asylum missions. Alpha centari has had one or 2 for days running. Same with Beta Ursae.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Amusingly enough, Ferra used to have a Refugee in his store you could buy for 1k Dil. It was removed for obvious reasons....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rrlsnowrrlsnow Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hoe that row, tote that bail. ;-)
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    joenatl wrote: »
    There have been a ton of asylum missions. Alpha centari has had one or 2 for days running. Same with Beta Ursae.

But I'm on constant cooldown for most of the asylum missions. I know where to find them, and my only problem is finding cardassian or bajoran ones. But I'm still getting way more refugees than asylums.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Please forgive this upcoming question but a lot of the replys have resulted me in having 5-10 tabs up on different chains and its just confusing me.

Anyone able to break down how to get refugees, zones / names of missions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit
    Even getting normal duty officers is a pain in the TRIBBLE, I remember having a recruitment mission every few days but since ive been back ive leveled 2 50's nearly and dont have more than 30
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Grind academy recruitment more....

Refugees:
    Feds have two ways; standard recruitment and Supports.
    KDF only has recruitment.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg