test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Starfleet Temporal Investigations Agency

robray71robray71 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Earth Spacedock
Greetings everyone,

I am RobRay of the Starfleet Temporal Investigations Agency.

Some people in the Star Trek Online community may know me better as "Sorok". I am a former member of a fantastic STO guild called the TOS Veterans fleet, and I'm also one of the former leaders of OMF (The Omicron Fleet). OMF is a guild which lasted for over 8 years, spanning the likes of games such as Bridge Commander, Elite Force, Starfleet Command, and Elite Force2. I was also one of the chief administrators over at startrek-online.net, which was actually STO's first and by far the most popular fansite before STO was actually produced. (Back when Perpetual Entertainment was in charge of developing the game). During my time at STO.net, I was fortunate to have participated in some fantastic interviews with some of Star Trek's behind the scenes legends (people such as John Eaves and Rick Sternbach). further to that, I was also responsible for delivering STO.net's weekly news publication, which was a fantastic tool that highlited STO news, the week's most inetersting forum topics, as well as a "canon character you'd most like to see in-game" section.

All this to say, you may or may not know me, but I have indeed been present in the STO community beginning in 2004, years before STO was released, and since then, I have enjoyed very much all the participation I've been fortunate enough to have accumulated in this great game we all share here. My experiences in STO have been very positive, and my experiences in groups which paralel STO have all helped me develop a clear vision towards developing an STO guild which best serves its members.

But enough about me....I'm here to present to you....

The Starfleet Temporal Investigations Agency!

I?ve just set up a new guild and I?m looking for some kind, intelligent, and responsible people to help me get it off the ground. All positions are currently open, including admiral council chairs, as well as dir. of Fleet Ops, Technical Ops, and Diplomatic Ops. We do not intend to go rank crazy, but still felt it was important to provide a structure for our members in order to provide maximum efficiency in terms of giving our members everything possible in order to help complement their STO experience. Please feel free to check out our guild hierarchy section in order to see which positions need to be filled. (at the time of this post, all positions are currently open)

In addition to standard fleet ops such as PvE and PvP, we also encourage role-playing events. Fortunately, due to the fact that our fleet has a cool story backdrop, role-playing events are very accessible, and our fleet is definitely open to fans of any series, since we all know how much Kirk, Picard, Janeway, Archer, the Prophets, and JJ Abrams really loved to butcher the timeline.

If you've been in a guild, but never really moved up your guilds hierarchy and you feel like you're ready for a leadership role, the STIA might be a great place to start. If you haven't chosen a guild yet because you are very wary of inter-guild politics, but you'd still like to have some control over your STO experience from a group perspective, then the STIA might be right for you.

Joining a guild can be a great way to meet new people. I invite you to fill out an APPLICATION today.

For all fellow UFP fleets, please feel free to stop by to begin the diplomatic process of forming a fleet alliance. Given that this is a brand new fleet, all activity is most definitely welcome.

With that, I bid you all a fantastic day, and I wish you all many more days of fun and adventure in Star trek Online.

Please feel free to contact me via PM, in-game, or via our website at.......... The Starfleet Temporal Investigations Agency

Robray out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by robray71 on

Comments

• robray71robray71 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The STIA is still recruiting.

We've had our first run of new recruits and we're getting ready to begin filling new positions.

All fleet positions are still currently open.

If you'd like to join a brand new fleet which gives you the ability to have some decision-making control over your STO experience, then the Starfleet Temporal Investigations Agency just might be the fleet for you.

Please feel free to stop by our forums to register :)

Click for link
    >Starfleet Temporal Investigations Agency<
    Click for link
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Does it bother you that James T. Kirk has over 17 temporal violations over the course of his career without ever a reprimand?

Do you find Picard to be just a little too hypocritical with regards to his blatant disregard for the temporal prime directive even though he holds the standard Starfleet Prime Directive almost religously?

Does it bother you to know that Area 51 was responsible for capturing 3 Ferengi from the future, but the US government has kept it a secret for all these years?

Do you think it's complete blasphemy that Janeway can intentionally change the timeline to rescue her crew from the Delta quadrant?

Did JJ Abrams upset you when he destroyed the Vulcan and/or the Romulan Homeworld?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then the Starfleet Temporal Investigations Agency may just be the fleet for you!

CHECK US OUT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    The Starfleet Temporal Investigations Agency is still looking for mature players who want some control over their own fleet's destiny.

Although we can't promise that you'll be able to travel through time, we can definitely offer a really cool place to hang your hat and meet new friends.

We are a brand new fleet, which means that there are plenty of new positions available.

Come and check us out.

Click for link
    >Starfleet Temporal Investigations Agency<
    Click for link
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Tired of feeling like just a number in a really huge fleet?

Looking for some mature, cool people to game with?

Looking for a fleet where you can actually have an impact on decisions made for fellow members?

Look no further. The Starfleet Temporal investigations Agency is exactly that....a fleet where you have control....where you help make the decisions.

We are recruiting and we still have many top positions open.

Feel free stop by and check out our site. New members are welcome!

The Starfleet Temporal Investigations Agency

.....There's no time like the past!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • firefox3178firefox3178 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hello fellow Captains!

Has the fleet you are currently in grown too big and unresponsive? Feeling like another "brick in the wall"? Tired of feeling like your requests are ignored because you are not the right level or simply new? If so, now is a great chance to get in on the ground level of a brand-new fleet and help create something that you can truly feel a part of.

We have positions open to those who would like to take on a leadership role as well as support positions. It doesn't matter if you are new to STO or a lifer since beta, there is a place for you with the STIA. Feel free to click on the link below and check us out!

Good luck in your search!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cryptic: If you think the bugs are bad, wait until you see our fixes!
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I clicked the link and ended up in 1982. So.....much....coke..... And the hair...my eyes are still burning....... on the plus side I picked up this sweet DeLorean Ended up modifiying it to get me home.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
    edited July 2012
    I clicked the link and ended up in 1982. So.....much....coke..... And the hair...my eyes are still burning....... on the plus side I picked up this sweet DeLorean Ended up modifiying it to get me home.

You never know where your next adventure will take you when you join the STIA! Just be glad you did not end up in the 1970s. Polyester suits with lapels the size of stealth bombers. Gas lines miles long. Disco. The horror, the horror...:eek:

Join the Starfleet Temporal Investigation Agency and meet people who love all things Trek and like to have fun! Come grow with us!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2012
    Indeed, the 70's was a horrid decade from a style pov. That's why I always thought that the retro-grunge 90's style was even worse. They brought back so much ugliness from the 70's which even during the 70's we thought was ugly, then they called it cool. ROFL

The joke was on Gen X.

Anyhoo, as stated throughout this thread, the STIA is a brand new fleet and we're growing fast. We still have some great positions available for new members.

APPLY NOW :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    robray71 wrote: »
    Indeed, the 70's was a horrid decade from a style pov. That's why I always thought that the retro-grunge 90's style was even worse. They brought back so much ugliness from the 70's which even during the 70's we thought was ugly, then they called it cool. ROFL

The joke was on Gen X.

Anyhoo, as stated throughout this thread, the STIA is a brand new fleet and we're growing fast. We still have some great positions available for new members.

APPLY NOW :)

Could have been worse. I just to the DeLorean to the 1950's. I said that one day healthcare would one day be available to all people regardless of financial means....... I was branded a communist and tortured for 3 hours. But I got a cool hat!!

edited July 2012
    Could have been worse. I just to the DeLorean to the 1950's. I said that one day healthcare would one day be available to all people regardless of financial means....... I was branded a communist and tortured for 3 hours. But I got a cool hat!!

You were lucky they didn't lock you up in the loony bin or stone you in the town square. You would think they would have been too busy hunting for Ferengi merchants instead of communists. I will admit they did have cool hats back then.

If you are looking to join a brand-new growing fleet that is into all aspects of STO inculding RP, please click on the link below and check us out. If you have any questions or would like to know what leadership positions are available, feel free to post here and a fleet rep will answer as soon as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2012
    Hello fellow Captains!

First off, thank you for visiting our thread. The Starfleet Temporal Investigation Agency is a brand-new fleet that is growing. We have a very experienced leader who is looking for mature people who value teamwork, respect for others, and above all having fun.

We are involved in all aspects of STO, from PvP to crafting and everything in between. Being a new fleet, we have positions of leadership and support available. If you have been in a fleet but felt like a little fish in a crowded ocean, or have never been in one before, this is your chance to help build a fleet you can be proud of and feel like it's yours.

If you are in a fleet leadership position, we are looking to make peaceful contact with other fleets for both friendly PvP and alliances for co-op/mutual support. We have a special section on our site for inter-fleet contact, so please stop by and say "Hi!"

Thank you very much for visiting our fleet thread. Please feel free to click on the link below to check out our site and apply. If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment here and we will answer as soon as possible.

Starfleet Temporal Investigation Agency - There's no better time like the present!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2012
    You were lucky they didn't lock you up in the loony bin or stone you in the town square. You would think they would have been too busy hunting for Ferengi merchants instead of communists. I will admit they did have cool hats back then.

If you are looking to join a brand-new growing fleet that is into all aspects of STO inculding RP, please click on the link below and check us out. If you have any questions or would like to know what leadership positions are available, feel free to post here and a fleet rep will answer as soon as possible.

I never said I didn't get stoned.........

edited July 2012
    I never said I didn't get stoned.........

Remember...what happens in the past stays in the past ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2012
    Unless it has to do with your grand parents:eek:

• champion1701champion1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The age old argument "Is Kirk the better captain, or is it Picard?" can be summed up in 6 words.... and one letter....

Sisko Punched Q In The Face.

That has to be the best signature I have seen in a long time. I fully agree with you 100% :D
    =/\= Commodore Champion1701 =/\=

=/\=USS Lindsey Stirling =/\= NCC-116747 =/\=

=/\= Liberty Task Force =/\= Diplomatic Advisor =/\=
    edited July 2012
    That has to be the best signature I have seen in a long time. I fully agree with you 100% :D

Thank you Thank you

edited July 2012
    Hello and welcome to our thread!

We are a small but growing fleet looking for people who are into having fun and have a love of both STO and all things Trek. Being new, we do have positions of leadership open. This is an excellent chance to get in on the ground level and help build a fleet that reflects your input and experience. We believe every fleet member regardless of level should have a voice.

We are involved with all aspects of STO, and have a good mix of both experienced and new players. Alts are also welcome!

If this sounds like a fleet you would be interested in, please feel free to click on the link below and check us out. If you have any questions you can ask here and we will answer as soon as possible. Thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2012
    Hello fellow STO'ers...

Welcome to the official recruitment thread for the Starfleet Temporal Investigations Agency.

We're often referred to by many as simply "The Agency" (in a weird cloak and dagger, X-files kind of way:D)

In any case, given that we are a relatively new fleet, we feel that we have something unique to offer. Beyond the de facto "good group of people", "voice chat", "fleet structure", yadda yadda yadda...we believe that because our fleet is still very new, we can offer what many larger fleets cannot....

A chance to make a difference within the fleet itself.

Here at the agency, we have multiple positions which need fulfilling. We are currently looking for people to handle various positions within the fleet such as officers to handle PvP, Roleplaying, STF's, resource gathering, crafting, and much much more.

The Agency is at a critical, but very fun point in it's history whereas all new recruits will have ann exceptional opportunity to help form our fleet under your own influence...giving you the ability to have a major impact on the future of your own guild.

We are a very easy-going gang and we strongly encourage member participation of all kinds. In fact, here at the Agency, we believe that every single member has a say in our ongoing fleet operations.

If this sounds like a gig for you, then please stop by our WEBSITE and by all means, feel free to fill out an APPLICATION....just a formality really. this way we can have an idea of who you are and what your expectations may be as we progress forward.

Thanks very much for your time...We are looking forward to meeting you! (Or rather in our line of work...Looking backward to meeting you:) )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    robray71 wrote: »
    In any case, given that we are a relatively new fleet, we feel that we have something unique to offer. Beyond the de facto "good group of people", "voice chat", "fleet structure", yadda yadda yadda...we believe that because our fleet is still very new, we can offer what many larger fleets cannot....

A chance to make a difference within the fleet itself.

Here at the agency, we have multiple positions which need fulfilling. We are currently looking for people to handle various positions within the fleet such as officers to handle PvP, Roleplaying, STF's, resource gathering, crafting, and much much more.

The Agency is at a critical, but very fun point in it's history whereas all new recruits will have ann exceptional opportunity to help form our fleet under your own influence...giving you the ability to have a major impact on the future of your own guild.

If you have been looking for a fleet where you can be a true part of it rather than a just a member, this is your chance! We have positions open and are growing fast. Visit our site and see what the Agency can offer you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2012
    Ever wonder what it would be like to be not just a member of a fleet, but a true part of it? To have input in how the fleet grows, develops, and evolves? Now is your chance! The Starfleet Temporal Investigation Agency is looking for Agents who are looking to help create a fleet they can feel is their own. We have several positions open, and are growing fast. Click on the link below and check us out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2012
    Does it bother you that James T. Kirk has over 17 temporal violations over the course of his career without ever a reprimand?

Do you find Picard to be just a little too hypocritical with regards to his blatant disregard for the temporal prime directive even though he holds the standard Starfleet Prime Directive almost religously?

Does it bother you to know that Area 51 was responsible for capturing 3 Ferengi from the future, but the US government has kept it a secret for all these years?

Do you think it's complete blasphemy that Janeway can intentionally change the timeline to rescue her crew from the Delta quadrant?

Did JJ Abrams upset you when he destroyed the Vulcan and/or the Romulan Homeworld?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then the Starfleet Temporal Investigations Agency may just be the fleet for you!

CHECK US OUT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quadziquadzi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Annoyed with your current Fleet's crazy rank structure?
    Sick of feeling like Drone 373 of 498?

Joining this new fleet is one of the more exciting things I have done in a long time and I highly recommend you give it a try yourself. If you're interested in joining us, check out our site.

This Fleet is so awesome, it was even featured today on one of the best Blogs* I've ever read!

*Author takes no responsibility that above linked blog is in fact funny. Author may be affiliated with above blog as the sole writer and in which case may not be an impartial judge. No animals were used for testing to create this Blog or Post. Actually, I may have shown it to our dog, but he didn't seem to care one way or another.
    edited July 2012
    quadzi wrote: »
    Annoyed with your current Fleet's crazy rank structure?
    Sick of feeling like Drone 373 of 498?

Joining this new fleet is one of the more exciting things I have done in a long time and I highly recommend you give it a try yourself. If you're interested in joining us, check out our site.

This Fleet is so awesome, it was even featured today on one of the best Blogs* I've ever read!

*Author takes no responsibility that above linked blog is in fact funny. Author may be affiliated with above blog as the sole writer and in which case may not be an impartial judge. No animals were used for testing to create this Blog or Post. Actually, I may have shown it to our dog, but he didn't seem to care one way or another.

That's a dog for you. Cats are much more opinionated about what they like. I showed it to my cats and they started rubbing against the laptop. A good sign!

Want to join a fun, growing fleet that is into everything STO has to offer, including RP? Click on the link below and join us!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• christienwchristienw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    quadzi wrote: »

I see what you did there... The best blog you ever read, but you wrote it, which means you had to use time travel to read it before you wrote it, which means something temporal has been violated. As the Starfleet Temporal Investigations Agency, we must investigate!
  • champion1701champion1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    We may say there is no time like the present....

Wait until you exsperence it for yourself! Come visit our site and check us out!

Live long and prosper!
    =/\= Commodore Champion1701 =/\=

=/\=USS Lindsey Stirling =/\= NCC-116747 =/\=

=/\= Liberty Task Force =/\= Diplomatic Advisor =/\=
    edited July 2012
    christienw wrote: »
    I see what you did there... The best blog you ever read, but you wrote it, which means you had to use time travel to read it before you wrote it, which means something temporal has been violated. As the Starfleet Temporal Investigations Agency, we must investigate!

Ah, but who watches the Watchers?

Time can be a fickle thing. Sometimes you have too much, other times not nearly enough, but the best time to join the Starfleet Temporal Investigation Agency is NOW!

With starbases coming online, be a part of a fleet where you have a voice in what the focus is. We are growing quickly, but we still have positions available. Join us and be able to have control in your fleet!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2012
    I was able to finally get in-game last night, two minutes before they kicked everyone for more server maintenance :mad:

Do we know where our base is located? I only got to glimpse our fleet page once I found the new button lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2012
    eta eridani I think but there is no base till you complete the first few projects.

• vkfphoenixlordvkfphoenixlord Member Posts: 1,991 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Greetings from the VKF.
    edited July 2012
    Greetings from the VKF.

Welcome to the STIA thread! We are honored by your visit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]