test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ten Forward Battle Brigades

captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Ten Forward
Welcome to the Ten Forward Battle Brigades!

This thread will now serve as the TFBB's official thread on the STO boards since our old thread has been archived with the recent forum changes, and I am not longer able to edit it. The archived TFBB thread can be found here.

For those who are unfamaliar with the Ten Forward Battle Brigades, or TFBB as we call it, we are a casual group of players, not a fleet, dedicated to helping players become more famialar with PvP and helping them to improve their PvP builds and strageties by playing against other players.

Every weekend, we meet on Drozona Station at 1400 ET. Though attendence on Drozona is not required, we do need to know that you are interested in participating in our events. To do so, you will need to join our in-game chat channel, TFBB, and post that you are interested in participating, so our Event Organizers can invite you.

Later in this post, I will include posts and links to a clock and directions to join our channel

Each weekend, we try to feature a showcase a different event, but this is determined by a weekly player poll found here on our home boards at 10ites.com. A complete listing of events will be added to this thread in a later post.

A listing of the TFBB meeting times around the world can be found here. Unless otherwise noted, our meeting time will always be 2:00 PM Eastern Time, or Washington, D.C. time in the above link.

Instructions for joining our channel can be found here. I will update this post with a link to instructions in the thread here as I get it posted.
Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
Post edited by captan2er0 on

Comments

• captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Q/As from our Archived Thread:

Q/As about the Ten Forward Battle Brigades

Q: What is the Ten Forward Battle Brigades?
    A: The Ten Forward Battle Brigades (TFBB for short) is a casual group dedicated to helping players become more famialar with PvP and helping them to improve their PvP builds and strageties by playing against other players.

Q: Is the TFBB a fleet?
    A: No, the TFBB isn't a fleet. We're more like a group that meets up every week.

Q: Do I have to be apart of the Ten Forward fleet to attend?
    A: No you do not. TFBB is a group open to anyone who wants to participate. Fleeted or Fleetless, everyone is welcome to join us. TFBB is not a part of the Ten Forward fleet.

Q:Why does the TFBB carry the "Ten Forward" title if it isn't part of the Ten Forward Fleet?
    A:We carry the "Ten Forward" title because we are based out of the Ten Forward forum section.

Q: How does the TFBB set up its meetings?
    A: The TFBB usually meets on Drozana Station every Saturday and Sunday, but we set up or matches via the TFBB in-game chat channel.

Q: How do I join the TFBB channel.
    A: Here's how you join the channel.

Q: Are there any requirements to participate in a TFBB PvP match?
    A: There are not any requirements, but we ask that if you are a max or high level player and are joining a match with lower level players that you come in a ship that is approiate for the match level.

Q: What do you mean by "...come in a ship that is approiate for the match level."?
    A: This means, basically, that if we're running a Commander level PvP match, the match will be more balanced if you come in a Tier 2 or 3 Ship with Mk V or lower gear, preferably with weapons you are not spec'd in since skill points and additional Captain abilities should even the difference out. Pease see our Rules, Regulations, and Guidlines section for clarification.

Q:How do I know the match level that will be run for the TFBB?
    A: We will try to post match level a few days prior to the next TFBB meet up.

Q: Can I suggest a new event for or have a say regarding the weekley TFBB events?
    A: Sure you can! You can visit our alternate forum on here at 10ites.com to vote for upcoming events and suggest new ones for following weeks.

Q: What time does TFBB meet up?
    A: We try to aim for Saturdays and Sundays Sundays at the following time:
    (1400/ 2 PM Eastern Time will be our standard time unless otherwise posted)

Daylight Savings........................................... Standard Time

1900/ 7 PM GMT................................................1800/ 6 PM GMT
    1400/ 2 PM EDT (GMT -5)................................1400/ 2PM EST (GMT-4)
    1300/ 1 PM CDT (GMT -6)................................1300/ 1 PM CDT (GMT -5)
    1200/ 12 PM MDT (GMT -7)..............................1200/ 12 PM MDT (GMT -6)
    1100/ 11 AM PDT (GMT -8)...............................1100/ 11 AM PDT (GMT -7)
    edited June 2012
    Ten Forward Battle Brigades: Rules, Regulations, and Guidlines

Rules, regulations, and guidlines are specified to ensure the most level playing field for all participants as this helps keep events fun for everyone and not just some. Your co-operation is greatly appreciated!

Hand-To-Hand Combat Event Rules
    • No Shields
    • No Armor
    • No Kits
    • No Firearms
    • No Melee Weapons
    • No Combat Pers
    • No Devidian Staff*
    • No Nanopulse Weapons *
    • No Shard of Possibilities*
    • No Ferengi Whip*
    • No Tholian Crystaline Sword*

Tribbles, hypos and food can be used at player discretion.

• Nothing in the power tray other than Tribbles, hypos, food items.
    • No Species specific abilities on count not everyone will have access to these traits-such as Gorn Bite, Lethean Rapture, Vulcan Nerve Pinch, and Ferasan/Catian Lunge to name a few.

Disclaimer: The TFBB or any of it's staff do not take any responsability for any of your food items being consumed by your Tribble's before you have the opportunity to use them.

*The Devidian Staff, Nanopulse Weapons, Shard of Possibilities, Ferengi Whip, and Tholian Crystaline Sword are restriced due to that all players may not have access to them.

Melee Event Rules
    • No shields
    • No armor
    • No kits
    • No firearms
    • No Devidian Staff*
    • No Nanopulse Weapons*
    • No Shard of Possibilities*
    • No Ferengi Whip*
    • No Tholian Crystaline Sword*
    • Melee weapons are permitted.
    • Combat Hortasare permitted but no other combat pets are.*

Nothing in the power tray other than Tribble's, hypos, food items.

Disclaimer: The TFBB or any of it's staff do not take any responsability for any of your food items being consumed by your Tribble's before you have the opportunity to use them.

*The Devidian Staff, Nanopulse Weapons, Shard of Possibilities, Ferengi Whip, and Tholian Crystaline Sword are restriced due to that all players may not have access to them.

*Combat Hortas are permitted on the grounds that the Standard, Red Horta is easily obtainable though means of the Reman episode Mine Enemy. Though crafting is required, it is not a long stretch to obtain one, and it does not require dilithium or rare particle traces. From my observations, the Acidic Horta, the Esylium Crystal Horta, and the Standard Horta all share a similar, if not exact, damage.

Tiered Ship/Rank Rules

Weapons must conform to or lower than the rank of the ship tier, unless we're running at level cap.
    • Lieutenant: Tier One (Standard Issue, Mk I, Mk II)
    • Lieutenant Commander: Tier Two (Mk III, Mk IV)
    • Commander: Tier Three (Mk V, Mk VI)
    • Captain: Tier Four (Mk VII, Mk VIII)
    • Rear Admiral Lower/Brigadier General: Tier Five-- excluding VA/LG Ships Galaxy-R, Defiant-R, Intrepid-R, Kar'fi Carrier, B'rel-R, Varanus, Maruder (Mk IX, Mk X)

No Scaling weapons and consoles are permitted if we are running a tiered event. Scalling weapons and consoles are only perminted at max level (VA/LG) PvP.

Example:
    Tier One Gear:
    Crafted or Bought as long as its Mk I or Mk II.
    No C-Store TOS Phasers, Breen Cluster Torpedo, etc. since they scale.

*Miranda, Oberth, NX, Constitution, and Bird of Prey (Pre-Level 21 starter KDF ship. Also know as the T1 B'rel) are all permitted.

Due to changes in the skill tree, all tiered space combat events will not use captain skills. Only Bridge Officer Skills are permitted here. Devices are permitted if they are obtainable at said Tiered rank (This mainly concernes the Scorpion fighters obtainable in the Reman FE arc.). Turrets, however, are prohibited in a Tiered Combat match since these scale to player level.

Shuttle/Fighter Wars

All shuttle/fighter events are done with VA level toons. There are no ability, weapon, gear, etc. restrictions on these events other than needing to be in a shuttle or fighter.

Any questions regarding the TFBB or any of its rules can be posted in this thread, and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Melee Event Rules
    No shields
    No armor
    No kits
    No firearms
    No Devidian Staff*
    No Shard of Possibilities*
    Melee weapons are permitted.

Nothing in the power tray other than Tribble's, hypos, food items.

*The Devidian Staff and Shard of Possibilities are restriced due to that all players may not have access to it.

And no Nanopulse weapons either right?
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • hortworthortwort Member Posts: 281
    edited June 2012
    -brings his box of shiny things from the old thread to the new thread-
    I miss my _.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    And no Nanopulse weapons either right?

Right. Thank you for reminding me about those. I'd forgotten about those not being available after the holiday event and thus not everyone has access to them.

Rules, Regulations, and Guidlines post updated to reflect this.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    captan2er0 wrote: »
    Right. Thank you for reminding me about those. I'd forgotten about those not being available after the holiday event and thus not everyone has access to them.

Rules, Regulations, and Guidlines post updated to reflect this.

Are we permitting combat pets?
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oooooh, interesting, I might pop in to one of your meetings next time you have a VA match, seems like a nice way to ease into PvP.

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
    edited June 2012
    Oooooh, interesting, I might pop in to one of your meetings next time you have a VA match, seems like a nice way to ease into PvP.

Drop by any time! The poll is just to get a general idea of what folks want to do. If someone new comes along and wants a VA match, we'll do that. It's casual and friendly. People mostly laugh at the end of a match, not whine. Well, I whine, but it's just what I do. :P
    I miss my _.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    We usually meet at Drozana (instance one) above the door into the inner part of the station. Adding the TFBB chat though makes it easiest to know who wants in for what.
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,251 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    yes in the shipyard section of Drozana..
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
    edited June 2012
    TFBB time in 45 minutes! What a way to kick off a long weekend (for Canadian's) than to blow your fellow STO players up! :D
    edited June 2012
    With a Canadan Day long weekend, it's pretty dead in-game! As a result, there was no event today. I'm not too sure tomorrow will be much better (being Canada Day) but I'll be here just in case.
    edited July 2012
    Holiday's conquer all and it's not too bad outside either. Not enough people for an event today either. I hope everyone is having an awesome Canada Day!
  • captwinters1701captwinters1701 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Sounds like it was a busy weekend for everyone, I shouldn't have a problem being at the upcoming TFBB. See y'all there!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hpcapulethpcapulet Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    We should have a 4th of July battle brigade. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
    edited July 2012
    hpcapulet wrote: »

I second the motion!

All in favor???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    hpcapulet wrote: »
    I second the motion!

All in favor???

Due to me working today instead of Wednesday, I will be able to make this happen. [=
    edited July 2012
    jcsww wrote: »
    Due to me working today instead of Wednesday, I will be able to make this happen. [=

May there be lots of fireworks!!

*arms bus with 500g fireworks and wires for simultaneous launch*
    edited July 2012
    May there be lots of fireworks!!

*arms bus with 500g fireworks and wires for simultaneous launch*

*runs around bus, flailing, blow torch at full burn in hand* :D FIRE! FIRE, FIRE!!!
    edited July 2012
    Rules, Regulations, and Guidlines post updated to reflect the Ferengi Whip in Melee and Hand-to-Hand combat and Combat pets in Melee
  • hpcapulethpcapulet Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jcsww wrote: »
    *runs around bus, flailing, blow torch at full burn in hand* :D FIRE! FIRE, FIRE!!!

Yes yes YES! Fire ! Fire ! *makes heavy metal horns and starts headbanging*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
    edited July 2012
    edited July 2012

Someone just linked this to me an hour ago in a totally unrelated to STO site.
    Mind = blown
    I miss my _.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,251 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Come on every 10ite smile smile smile. .even Raven exspecialy EJ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp32TigGfZk

mum cappy, may i please have a pony?
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
    edited July 2012

SENSHI!!!
    You owe me a new monitor. They're not spittle-proof, apparently.
    I miss my _.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012

Well, I won't be able to sleep for a few days now :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012