test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The SBUGC List of Great Missions (2.0)

Comments

• designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Don't suppose I could make a polite poke about "One Too Many", by XR-377 for the list. Contest and Spotlight recipient Mission.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Added "The Great Escape" by Zorbane and "One Too Many" by XR. Plus, "Shadows of the Past" by BackyardSerenade (Broadcast UGC).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For your consideration, I humbly submit the Ghosts of War Fed series (or at least Parts I-IV; the last two installments are still in development) by NCC-89471. They're all pulling around four stars so far. :cool:
  • skaldraskaldra Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Im tired of the mission spotlight. They must be taking bribes or something because I have built missions since day one of the foundry and even after advertising my missions they still arnt chosen. I have five star missions with hundreds of people who have played them and TOLD ME they would like to see it spotlighted and still no bite from the devs. Personally I think the spotlight is a big scam that goes to the highest bidder or largest brown noser.

But then again, thats just my thoughts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    INQUISITOR CRUSHER
    Director of Marketing
    ELITE FORCES COMMAND
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited October 2012
    skaldra wrote: »
    Im tired of the mission spotlight. They must be taking bribes or something because I have built missions since day one of the foundry and even after advertising my missions they still arnt chosen. I have five star missions with hundreds of people who have played them and TOLD ME they would like to see it spotlighted and still no bite from the devs. Personally I think the spotlight is a big scam that goes to the highest bidder or largest brown noser.

But then again, thats just my thoughts.

Have you done anything to get BranFlakes' attention? There are thousands upon thousands of Foundry missions out there, making one stand out is a constant struggle for authors. Consider sending him a PM or a tweet or reply to a spotlight thread with your request. With the volume of Foundry missions, he can't be expected to find every diamond in the rough on his own, so give him some help :)
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited October 2012
    Added XR-377's Computer's Son/Daughter series.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aavariusaavarius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thank you for adding mine to the list. It's an honor to be ranked among so many great missions that have come before
  • theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They're not even my missions, but there's five missions of a six-mission string for Starfleet characters under the title of "Overture" that I think deserves a spot on here.

I'm going to second that, and also ask the author to hurry up with #6:D
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would like to submit "In the Shadow of MIDAS, Part 1" by greendragoon for consideration. It's a level 30+ Fed mission. It was reviewed very highly by Foundry Files and currently holds their fourth highest rating (after Alimac's 3 missions.)
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Heck I'll submit mine - they need some love too :P

They are my two part episode, "Treasure of Argelius II"

It /they are intended as a sequel to the official Cryptic (Klingon front) mission, "Treasure Trading Station".
    edited January 2013
    Added "Overture" series by KineticImpulser and "Spectres, part 6" by HippieJohn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Heck I'll submit mine - they need some love too :P

They are my two part episode, "Treasure of Argelius II"

It /they are intended as a sequel to the official Cryptic (Klingon front) mission, "Treasure Trading Station".

Can I get two votes for this? I always see it high in the top-rated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evil70thevil70th Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Can I get two votes for this? I always see it high in the top-rated.

Below is an excerpt from the summary of my mission review for "Treasure of Argelius II".

Brian

Excerpt

Federation Mission - Treasure of Argelius II, pt. 1
    Author: Captain.Hunter
    Allegiance: Federation
    Project ID: ST- HSZ62UNET

Summary: This is a great mission even though it starts out a little slow, once it picks up the pace it becomes a roller coaster ride. The map design is excellent with some tough battles here and there. The story dialogue is good and very detailed. I noted few, if any, spelling or grammatical errors in this mission. Just be careful about apologizing for things with an "Authors Note" that the player wouldn't see as a problem anyway. I would highly recommend this mission to other players.

Excerpt End

A great mission indeed...
  • grayson85grayson85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm new to this game, but so far i really like what I see. I was just wondering about the foundry mission specters, part 6. This is going to sound dumb, but is there a part 5?, or is this just a stand alone mission with a title that references a star trek episode? Thanks
  • tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    grayson85 wrote: »
    I'm new to this game, but so far i really like what I see. I was just wondering about the foundry mission specters, part 6. This is going to sound dumb, but is there a part 5?, or is this just a stand alone mission with a title that references a star trek episode? Thanks

Yes there are parts 1-5, but not in the Foundry. "Spectres" is the collective name for one of the Features Episode mission series in the main game. You can find it in the Episode listing in-game, under Federation/Klingon War starting with "Skirmish".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ralizarralizar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    AT LAST! Sorry for bleating that out, but i started STO about 5 days ago and im finding the game so much fun! But im also finding it so so hard to find a guide on what i should be focusing on (all guides are old and outdated!).

Anyway aside from that, I read a bit about the foundry and thought... what a great idea, an idea which could potentially be a fantastic way to keep players playing, or even build a future MMO which is solely based on what the community designs, they just provide the tools! Anyway, firstly thank you for this list ill take a look.

Secondly, newbie question incoming, do these missions have level requirements or do they scale, as presently im level 9 about to get my new ship as far as i can tell! :)

Thanks for your time in reading this.

Rallen
    edited February 2013
    ralizar wrote: »
    AT LAST! Sorry for bleating that out, but i started STO about 5 days ago and im finding the game so much fun! But im also finding it so so hard to find a guide on what i should be focusing on (all guides are old and outdated!).

Anyway aside from that, I read a bit about the foundry and thought... what a great idea, an idea which could potentially be a fantastic way to keep players playing, or even build a future MMO which is solely based on what the community designs, they just provide the tools! Anyway, firstly thank you for this list ill take a look.

Secondly, newbie question incoming, do these missions have level requirements or do they scale, as presently im level 9 about to get my new ship as far as i can tell! :)

Thanks for your time in reading this.

Rallen

Yes, some of the missions have level reqs, so if you're not at the level, you won't see them. Thanks for playing foundry stories.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ralizarralizar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for coming back to me so quickly Kirk appreciate it. Slightly off topic, and would be happy to take this to PM's if this forum allows me. However being level 9 i have just had a lot of new stuff put upon me, duty office, bridge officers, crafting, learning all the controls etc.

That said, based on your experience, at my level now and as i progress, what should I ensure im doing day to day, at present im doing the odd side quest, but im loving the episodes, can I level to 50 just doing these and the odd foundry? Also im just saving my dilithium and refining it as i go not spending it on anything as i assume its best to get to 50 and spend it on gear i wont out level?

Id hate to miss something out, or cause detrimental harm to my captain later down the line. Sorry this is off topic, however im not 'allowed' to make new posts, and as i said before guides and searches etc are so outdated.

Level 9 Alien Engineer.
  • ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, since I asked this question already and was informed I was posting on an old thread rather than receiving an answer to my question, Ill try again here: Is there a list of "Original Series" era foundry missions? If so where can I find it? And if not, I'd like to help/start one. Thank you Captains
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    ralizar wrote: »
    Thanks for coming back to me so quickly Kirk appreciate it. Slightly off topic, and would be happy to take this to PM's if this forum allows me. However being level 9 i have just had a lot of new stuff put upon me, duty office, bridge officers, crafting, learning all the controls etc.

That said, based on your experience, at my level now and as i progress, what should I ensure im doing day to day, at present im doing the odd side quest, but im loving the episodes, can I level to 50 just doing these and the odd foundry? Also im just saving my dilithium and refining it as i go not spending it on anything as i assume its best to get to 50 and spend it on gear i wont out level?

Id hate to miss something out, or cause detrimental harm to my captain later down the line. Sorry this is off topic, however im not 'allowed' to make new posts, and as i said before guides and searches etc are so outdated.

Level 9 Alien Engineer.

How you level from that point on is really up to you. There are so many ways to do it. You can play the Cryptic missions or you could play only foundry. You could doff while becoming an exchange bandit. It's really up to you. There are some great Cryptic missions between 9 and 50. A lot of bad ones too. As is also true with the Foundry.

So no real advice there, sorry. Welcome to the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited February 2013
    Well, since I asked this question already and was informed I was posting on an old thread rather than receiving an answer to my question, Ill try again here: Is there a list of "Original Series" era foundry missions? If so where can I find it? And if not, I'd like to help/start one. Thank you Captains

There isn't really a list, but I do know of a couple. On the KDF side, there are three of mine:
    [HoloHistory] Klach de Kel Brakt
    [HoloHistory] Korma Pass
    [HoloHistory] Caleb IV

These are "holodeck programs" that take place in the TOS era (The player takes on the roles of Kang, Kor and Koloth)

I also know that hippiejohn's Spectres: Episode 6 involves time travel back to the TOS.

I'm sure there are more.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited February 2013
    Add "Treasure of Argelius" series, reviewed by Podcast UGC as well as suggested in this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    I would like to suggest my mission "Time Will Tell" by XR-377 for the KDF faction. It was the winner of the Gates of Sto-vo-kor Temporal Foundry Contest.
    edited February 2013
    I would like to suggest my mission "Time Will Tell" by XR-377 for the KDF faction. It was the winner of the Gates of Sto-vo-kor Temporal Foundry Contest.

K, will add. Thanks for letting us know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Add "Treasure of Argelius II" series, reviewed by Podcast UGC as well as suggested in this thread.

Wow, thanks Kirkfat!

And thanks to the folks at PodcastUGC for the nice review! (You can hear it here http://starbaseugc.com/, Episode 98, at about the 1:41:45 mark)

Poor Hav was having a heck of a time pronouncing the title (it's G as in Glee, not G as in Gel - lol). Here's the promo for the TOS episode featuring Argelius: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9ccltjYz-I, with none other than James T. Kirk pronouncing Argelian. :P

Again, thanks! It's truely an honor to be included!:o
    edited February 2013
    K, will add. Thanks for letting us know.

Thank you for running this list!
  • ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am more than a bit surprised to not find the "Once Upon A Time" series on here. I play quite a lot of Foundry and this series is one of the finest I have played. Can not recall the authors' @handle off the cuff, but this person deserves praise for a job well done and you owe it to yourself to play these missions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    I am more than a bit surprised to not find the "Once Upon A Time" series on here. I play quite a lot of Foundry and this series is one of the finest I have played. Can not recall the authors' @handle off the cuff, but this person deserves praise for a job well done and you owe it to yourself to play these missions.

Anyone willing to second this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Added "Remains of DaiMon" by CaptPFDennis, as favorably reviewed by the Foundry Roundtable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grifterrik23grifterrik23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a recommendation, if I may. I didn't see this one mentioned or on the list.

"The Interwarp Experiment" is simply amazing. The story was great, the level layout was excellent (not too big, no issues with stuck BOffs). He provides some great role play options and backgrounds. And it had that "Star Trek Episode" feel to it.

With no insult meant to any of the other wonderful missions already on this list, this is the best Foundry mission I've played.