test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Infected Space + STF Rep System

thegreatdragon1thegreatdragon1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
1 Infected Ground OP is next to Impossible to completed even with a full party of people who completed all the other OP

2 Rep System!
i bugged you about this and i shall do again
So many noobys join STF without a clue how it works.... there shroud be a basic rating system like....

Tutorial 0-200 STF Exp Points
Normal 201-1000 STF Exp Points
Vetren 1001-3000 STF Exp Points
Elite 3001+

(Adding in new Tut and Vet for more your class sort of stf)
And have at the end of every STF a rating system and a tally of what DPS thay were doing heals ect ect....

As we all know we seen Noobys in STF who have no clue how to do tactics Or re modulate... mostly feds.

What do you lot have on these ideas?

~TGD
~TheGreatDragon
Post edited by thegreatdragon1 on

Comments

• skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    1 Infected Ground OP is next to Impossible to completed even with a full party of people who completed all the other OP

2 Rep System!
    i bugged you about this and i shall do again
    So many noobys join STF without a clue how it works.... there shroud be a basic rating system like....

Elite 3001+

(Adding in new Tut and Vet for more your class sort of stf)
    And have at the end of every STF a rating system and a tally of what DPS thay were doing heals ect ect....

As we all know we seen Noobys in STF who have no clue how to do tactics Or re modulate... mostly feds
    What do you lot have on these ideas?

~TGD

1) Infected is the hardest optional to get, but it is not "next to impossible" for an experienced team. The most common reason I see for failing it is being too slow pulling drones out in the first four rooms and killing them without crossing the trigger lines. Two best ways to deal with that, imo:
    - Do not use any knockback (ie. sniper secondary) on targets that are more than 15m away when your doing the pulling. You'll just keep knocking them out of range slowing it down.
    - If the pull is still taking too long, then you should only pull & kill one of the two mobs and rush the room and fight the other mob in there (2 go for the workers, 3 aggro the mob) to speed the process up.

If you fail because you cross the lines early, then study the map harder. If you fail because you rush a room with one mob in it and the team wipes, you have build / general combat tactics issues, such as failing to either CC or focus fire on Heavy Tactical drones, that are probably showing up on other STFs.

I'm sure other people might have some more useful things to contribute on Infected.

2) I'd definitely like to see stats at the end of STFs, if for no other reason to see my own contribution, but I don't think having people rate their team-mates is feasible for the following reasons:

- A player can give his/her friend(s) obscenely high marks that they don't deserve.
    - A player might mark his team-mates down for a failed optional that was actually their own fault, but he's too stubborn or stupid to realise it.
    - You may not always see what each individual player did in an STF, and stats may not tell you the whole story. Okay, with your model there'd be stats, but for what? You could have them for quantifiable stuff like healing & damage, but it'd be alot harder to get reliable stats for temporarily neutralising that Heavy Tac drone. Or stats for some dumbtit aggroing stuff they shouldn't be aggroing. Or stats for crossing trigger lines in Infected at the wrong time. Don't see how they'd be able to programme those.
    Elite 3001+

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with this? Do you want higher difficulty STFs gated off until a certain number of lower difficulty ones are completed?

I don't think that works because people can be carried, can be lucky, or can just grind out enough completions in a sea of failures/quits in order to get the necessary #### of completed STFs or Exp points or whatever without actually improving a jot as players.
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    the trick is you need to run fast up to them kill the borg
    the problem is the imer on the crew is mad fast and if a sniper starts shooting in that room well timer starts

the only way you get it is with a team that set up for it and knows it I have almost gotten itI got to the lastone almost had it but had bug failed

get a shot gun
  • mandrake45mandrake45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    sean2448 wrote: »
    get a shot gun

This might be the only worthwhile piece of advise sean has ever posted.

For Infected though, you also need long range weapons for dealing with the pulls before you shotgun the workers to smithereens.
    Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
  • pug02pug02 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The trick to Infected Ground Elite is not to trigger the assimilation ahead of time. There are floor trigger points that start the assimilation. Pets can cross the trigger line without starting the assimilation but any player that crosses it will start it.

The method is to stop before the trigger point and use a range weapon to draw the borg to you and kill them that way. Avoid weapons with knockback at this stage. The trigger points can be found on this map:
    Map (Click Here)

You can also watch this video by the Russian Fleet (I am not affiliate with them) to see how to run Infected Ground:
    Youtube (Click Here)

You should study the map and the video. If anyone in your team crosses the trigger line early, you will probably fail the optional. If you follow this method and still run out of time then increase your pace by having someone start the next room (Science Medic is great for this role) while the other members still mop up the current room. Keeping those barrels hot and glowing is important. Don't forget to continuously be buffing an debuffing.

Good Luck!

The first reply by skhc to the OP already covered this method:
    skhc wrote: »
    Infected is the hardest optional to get, but it is not "next to impossible" for an experienced team. The most common reason I see for failing it is being too slow pulling drones out in the first four rooms and killing them without crossing the trigger lines. Two best ways to deal with that, imo:
    - Do not use any knockback (ie. sniper secondary) on targets that are more than 15m away when your doing the pulling. You'll just keep knocking them out of range slowing it down.
    - If the pull is still taking too long, then you should only pull & kill one of the two mobs and rush the room and fight the other mob in there (2 go for the workers, 3 aggro the mob) to speed the process up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think current infected optional on ground need to be redone it is to hard for newbie team

however it is doable with veteran team
    edited July 2012
    I think current infected optional on ground need to be redone it is to hard for newbie team

What's the challenge and accomplishment in something you can do easily without much practice?
  • thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    For a very good example of how well playerdriven ratingsystems work, just look at the foundry (or one of the other 1.523 billion other examples on the net) ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think is simpler solution is to just require a certain accolade before unlocking Elite ground STF. They should require you at least have a Mk X or Mk XI ground set first before doing Elite.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

however it is doable with veteran team

The fact is that it's not a mission designed for newbies. It's already an easy one with the current way things go. We can more or less easily complete it with my fleetmates, but it remains a bit challenging. Don't be selfish, run other STFs, learn, and get back to IGE later when you're better at this. Some people need tougher mobs to keep some interest in the game you know. ;)
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
    edited July 2012
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I think is simpler solution is to just require a certain accolade before unlocking Elite ground STF. They should require you at least have a Mk X or Mk XI ground set first before doing Elite.

This is not a viable solution because having a set does not make you a good player. Neither does having done x amount of Normal STFs to get an accolade.

As I said earlier in the thread:
    I don't think that works because people can be carried, can be lucky, or can just grind out enough completions in a sea of failures/quits in order to get the necessary #### of completed STFs or Exp points or whatever without actually improving a jot as players.
  • rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i have posted many times concerning IGE. it is by far the most difficult of missions. however, i have completed it easily several times.....with the right players.

one thing i see a lot that contributes to failure is poor jumping. i actually discovered in the foundry a mission to practice jumping. just go to the foundry and search either "jump elite" or "elite jump". i practiced for hours and got to where i never missed a jump.

i go to the actual IGE ready to jump and on my first jump i end up in the plasam. i could scream. needless to say the mission failed because no one else was good at jumping.

i think for me it is a mental block or something. i get in there and choke. i really want the level 12 shields that you can only get in IGE. even more so i would like to be a good jumper. trying again tonight after some practice jumps.

and a 3rd level would be cool.
  • mikec1013mikec1013 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Here's how to fix the STF system as a whole, space and ground, normal and elite. There needs to be a PvE version of these missions, to include Terradome. This way players can get a feel of what's going on before playing the current missions. I understand there are certain dynamics that are fundamentally different when playing the missions as far as the 10% rule in space, etc, but the experience gained will be immeasurable instead of your first attempt being a pug. Or you could make it an away team of one mission like the last in the Reman FE series. The trick is that in order to progress to the stf normal you have to achieve a certain score or accolade, kind of like achieving one star in angry birds to move on to the next level. When you achieve enough (stars/marks/accolades etc) then the stf's become available. ESPECIALLY with the way leveling is in the game now. It used to be that someone at level 44 or 50 actually played the game. Now, you literally can level while youre asleep with the doff system. You can have someone lvl 44 in an stf that started playing 10 minutes ago. Some people still dont know what a remodulator is or how to get one. STF's and the Defera invasion should NOT be accessible until the Borg and Undine pve storyline missions are complete.
    Typing this from my phone. Sorry for any grammatical errors, etc.