test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demorecord file to old?!

trappa83trappa83 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
I have an issue with a demorecord I created several months ago.

When I try to start playing the demorecord ST:O quits with the error message that the demorecord file is to old or corrupt.

Do I have any chance to repair the file?
Post edited by trappa83 on

Comments

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    trappa83 wrote: »
    I have an issue with a demorecord I created several months ago.

When I try to start playing the demorecord ST:O quits with the error message that the demorecord file is to old or corrupt.

Do I have any chance to repair the file?

Historically, people who played with Cryptic's demo tools would keep separate install that they don't patch. I don't know if you can get an out of date version of the client here.

However, the best bet in the future is to keep a copy of STO installed that you don't patch for demo editing.
  • kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Another tip - whenever you are making changes and save it, for example making new camera paths, there is a chance you will corrupt your demorecord, especially if it is a big one. Never modify an original demorecord. Make a copy.

I lost a 2 hour record from the old STF's this way, and no way to re-take the footage now. Thankfully I had made my video and captured all my screenshots before it was lost.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor