test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Want a Galor...

darkphoxydarkphoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I am an RP player who is looking to try to get a Galor ship, i've tried getting one with lockbox keys and, not having much luck. My character isn't rich enough to afford one out-right on the exchange.

Would anyone be willing to help me out with a payment plan? or maybe a donation of the ship?

I know some of you will laugh but, it never hurts to ask.

I play a character known as Wednesday@modemfox
Post edited by darkphoxy on

Comments

• Options
    caemgencaemgen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm in a similar Roleplaying jam. Let me know if you have any luck, I have a D'kora and various assorted goodies I'd love to trade for a Jem'hadar attack ship.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You might have better luck learning to work the Exchange and come up with the cash. Build up your crafting skill, work during A Time To Craft, buy uncommon unreplicatable materials off the Exchange, turn around and make them into high value Field Generators, Phaser Relays, and Antiproton Regulators, for a net profit of a couple hundred grand a sale. You just have to be careful to not flood the market and kill your own prices. Or start working the doff exchange programs in Cardassian space, turn cheap whites with the right qualities into blues, or if you're lucky purples, then sell those on the Exchange. Even uninteresting blues are worth a couple hundred grand, and if you get lucky and get something like a purple Shield Distribution, or a Research Scientist with Resolve, you can get several million. And there is always Mk12 console manufacturing from the Childrens Toys mission chain, though you need your own suite of purple Researchers to get the most out of that one so there's an initial-investment cost. Yeah these do require some initial investment and patience, but when it ultimately pays off and you have your ship, you know you earned every pixel of it yourself.
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm the same way. I want a Tuffli.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If money is no object, then you can sell Master Keys for around 1 million each.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    If money is no object, then you can sell Master Keys for around 1 million each.

Pfft. Master Keys were sitting around 850k on the Exchange last time I checked. 1mil each is a ripoff.
  • Options
    ryanevryanev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Pfft. Master Keys were sitting around 850k on the Exchange last time I checked. 1mil each is a ripoff.

He's better off selling Reinfocements Doff pack for 4M each.
    He'll have to sell about 30 of them to be able to buy the galor off the exchange.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »

Haven't checked in weeks the price of a master key, but my point was that there are ways to convert cash to ingame currency.
  • Options
    darkphoxydarkphoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Money is VERY MUCH an issue.

I don't have the cash to spend on this game lately. I won't have any spending money till maybe next month if i'm lucky.
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    darkphoxy wrote: »
    Money is VERY MUCH an issue.

I don't have the cash to spend on this game lately. I won't have any spending money till maybe next month if i'm lucky.

Neither do I but I'm still sitting on 300m of ecs in this game. :)
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    To the OP: If you're patient, DOFF. It takes a lil while to get into it, but you can make 10mil EC a day fairly effortlessly once you're rolling on a well-oiled DOFF machine (read: all chains completed and just grinding out repeateables).
  • Options
    theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    To the OP: If you're patient, DOFF. It takes a lil while to get into it, but you can make 10mil EC a day fairly effortlessly once you're rolling on a well-oiled DOFF machine (read: all chains completed and just grinding out repeateables).

As someone who is getting into the business of making EC, I find your post intriguing. Care to elaborate on which DOFF missions help you to turn out a healthy profit? Right now I mostly just do mk xii console crafting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As someone who is getting into the business of making EC, I find your post intriguing. Care to elaborate on which DOFF missions help you to turn out a healthy profit? Right now I mostly just do mk xii console crafting.

Finish the consular and colony chains. Do the colony repeateables for free refugees, throw those at asylums, and throw the crit purples (or other random commons) at the consular repeatables (Officer Exchanges).
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I really want a D'kora KDF side, and I'm saving up for one. In a few years I'll have enough money. *cries
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    blitzy4 wrote: »
    I really want a D'kora KDF side, and I'm saving up for one. In a few years I'll have enough money. *cries

Hate to say it but if the galors are any example, the price is going to go up now that they've stopped dropping.
  • Options
    theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Finish the consular and colony chains. Do the colony repeateables for free refugees, throw those at asylums, and throw the crit purples (or other random commons) at the consular repeatables (Officer Exchanges).

Thanks for the advice! I also always try to get gamma quadrant commodities and contraband when I can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher