test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fan buy out? New trend?

2»

Comments

• diafpwediafpwe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    4 pages in and no one suggested a Kickstarter campaign?
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Where the resources are...? That's a trickier question and one I've pushed for info on.

Read the patch notes from a couple of months ago. They;ve been fixing a lot of whatl;s been broken around here. And then (I;m going to assume here) most of them got assigned to Season 6 work. That;s why most of the patch notes have been rather light lately.
  • dm19deltadm19delta Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I agree that fans owning this game would be a terrible idea, because especially in the case of trek fans, they tend to become rabid about the direction they feel the game should take. For example, there was a guy on these forums way back when that stated that anyone who didnt have an understanding of cannon should not be allowed to play STO, and then there was the guy that went around reporting people with ship names (names like USS Chuck Norris or something silly) because he claimed that they ruined his emmersion in the star trek universe. Issues like these would certainly torpedo the ship that is STO if fans ran it. On the other hand, getting those prominent trek stars to do add, or even provide voice overs, could really help out a lot. Hell, how many ST games has Patrick Stewart lent his voice to. I havent seen Kate Mulgrew, Scott Bakula, or most of the other actors fromm ST, do anything major on tv. I think that Tim Russ might enjoy the chance to get away from iCarly for a while, and William Shatner even expressed a desire to reprise the role of Kirk, so why the hell not? Hell, WoW has had the likes of Chuck Norris and Mr. T speak for it, so why not STO? If CBS holds the rights to the IP, then put pressure on them to let certain elements in the game. I personally would love to see what became of the Enterprise E, or find out about the exploits of the Enterprise B and C. I want to know more about the events of the Earth/Romulus War. Put pressure on CBS if you have enough support, it wouldnt be the first time a network has caved to the demands of a dedicated fan base. Anyone remember the tv series Jericho? They made a second season because fans banded together and demanded it. If you want to see something implemented, gather the support, and present your proposal to the powers that be.
  • poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    diafpwe wrote: »
    4 pages in and no one suggested a Kickstarter campaign?

I'd say a Kickstarter campaign for StarbaseUGC to buy Cryptic. Heck, people that use StarbaseUGC make most of the content for the game as it is...
    jfsig02.png