test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Credit Where Credit is Due: The Good News

greedo42greedo42 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
I just want to say that while I, and the vast majority of STO captains, haven't been shy about pointing out how awful the new forums are and how the transition was handled, I think some people deserve some praise. (Some good news has been buried in the chaos of the regime change. )

1) Heretic et. al.

The Starbase System mechanics look fascinating and well thought out. Superb! I can't wait exploring how it all works. Lets get this stuff on holodeck ASAP!

2) Starbase Art

The interior and exterior design of these things looks great! You really outdid yourselves here. Its also clear that new decorations and customization will be unlocked, so no doubt we will continue to be pleasantly surprised...

3) Foundry Updates on Tribble

New assets for our creative genuises are always welcome. Keep giving the "Founders" the tools they need to tell their stories!

4) No more Time Gating
The vault is no longer gated on Tribble. Thank you for listening Devs! No doubt you had to fight for that. Thank you.

5) Branflakes
He has had a tough job. Either he wasn't informed of the impending forumpocalypse, or he wasn't allowed to warn us about it. Whatever the background, he has shown graciousness and accessibility under fire, and is actively working to advocate for the community and restore as much of our old functionality and rich forum experience as he can. I'll join my voice to the many who have said that the rage was not directed at him personally. Thank you Brandon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]PWE Web Team is bound for Gre'Thor.....:mad:
Post edited by greedo42 on

Comments

• Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I couldn't agree more on most of that - Starbase interiors I'm a touch 'meh' on, I think they need a lot of work on their layout as they've got a lot of recycled and somewhat misplaced elements.

Otherwise? Awesomely agreeing.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Starbases look great, but that even the most basic items need to be 'uinlocked'?! I think that most fleet's will skip that if possible and go for useful upgrades.

Heck even the fireplace in the KDF 'lounge' can't have fire unless its unlocked. That's a bit obsessive
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't like the Starbase system, mainly due to it being made for super-larger fleets and not the smaller 5-10 man fleets, which only have a few players online at any given time.

As for the Starbases themselves, the exteriors are nice. But the interiors are just more cut-and-paste jobs, which looks like people in the Foundry could do better (no offense). You have the Ready Room as the Main Office, Tactical is just the Lackey Base, you got constant reuse of the Laboratories...given they been working on this for months, at least the could've put more effort into these areas.

As for the Foundry changes, its a good start, but there is plenty of things need to be fixed before it goes live. Like those insanely small text boxes and those offsets, as well as the Ship Costumes and ship listing (still plenty of stuff missing from that list).

But inspite of my harsh criticism, I give the stuff on Tribble a B.
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't like the Starbase system, mainly due to it being made for super-larger fleets and not the smaller 5-10 man fleets, which only have a few players online at any given time.

As someone who's in a small fleet with only 2 active people in it, I've been testing out the fleet stuff on Tribble, and I'm satisfied with the rate we'll end up progressing. The first few tiers seem doable, and I hope to maybe recruit 3 more active people so we might be able to do Fleet Alerts once in a while. (Looking for experienced MMOers who may or may not be new to Star Trek and are fine with mostly doing things solo!)

Sure, we'll lag behind larger fleets, and probably reach tier 3 a few months behind larger ones, but I think we'll still be able to feel like we're progressing.
  • Options
    talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am agreed, although I am primarily a pvper, I am enjoy all this extra content that's being worked on. I feel like I'm going to have much more to do and at the very least, maybe get more stories to come along with it. I'm very excited and things looks good :D
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • Options
    sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    greedo42 wrote: »

4) No more Time Gating
    The vault is no longer gated on Tribble. Thank you for listening Devs! No doubt you had to fight for that. Thank you.

This. It's nice to see that Cryptic still listens to its playerbase on issues like this, and thanks to all the Devs for changing this, it sets a nice precedent for the future :cool:
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    *Two Thumbs up*
    greedo42 wrote: »
    I just want to say that while I, and the vast majority of STO captains, haven't been shy about pointing out how awful the new forums are and how the transition was handled, I think some people deserve some praise. (Some good news has been buried in the chaos of the regime change. )

1) Heretic et. al.

The Starbase System mechanics look fascinating and well thought out. Superb! I can't wait exploring how it all works. Lets get this stuff on holodeck ASAP!

2) Starbase Art

The interior and exterior design of these things looks great! You really outdid yourselves here. Its also clear that new decorations and customization will be unlocked, so no doubt we will continue to be pleasantly surprised...

3) Foundry Updates on Tribble

New assets for our creative genuises are always welcome. Keep giving the "Founders" the tools they need to tell their stories!

4) No more Time Gating

5) Branflakes
    He has had a tough job. Either he wasn't informed of the impending forumpocalypse, or he wasn't allowed to warn us about it. Whatever the background, he has shown graciousness and accessibility under fire, and is actively working to advocate for the community and restore as much of our old functionality and rich forum experience as he can. I'll join my voice to the many who have said that the rage was not directed at him personally. Thank you Brandon.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.