test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question for the trible foax about starbases?

rialgirialgi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I've ben thinking about the future of Starbases. Haven't ben able to get on the test surver so I have no idea. Thought I'd ask the community. Ok heres the thought. What happens to the bases once they start using the particular FXP? Went they change from general LVL Starbase 1 to Military/Science/Engineering? Was thinking once a base starts down a certain path, can it change, are the paths set, or general? Will Fleet bases a year from now be LVL5 in everything? This is something to question what sorta of things should we plann for? Maybe a heads up on what the Upperteers get us before making that choice to be M/S/E. its acctual hard not to put that the other way round. Thanks in advance.
Wish I could think of something wise and cool, and all That!
Post edited by rialgi on

Comments

• Options
    sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    From the looks of it on Tribble you can do all three
  • Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It isn't linear. You can level up any area of the base you want to, at any time, given that you have the resources.

The REAL question is if the xp continues to roll over, or if it's completely spent once you utilize it. eg: I have "1", and it requires "1" in order to advance. Once it advances, does that mean that I still have "1" and can add to it in order to get the hypothetical "2" for the next rank, or has my "1" been spent, which means I need to start at "0" and earn points from "0" to "2"?
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    rayezillarayezilla Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm a little curious how we're going to be able to get fleet XP after the base construction has been totally completed.
  • Options
    dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
    Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
    Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
    [SIGPIC]http://massivechaos.enjin.com/[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rayezillarayezilla Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thank you for teh excellent link, Darius. We've got some info up on our fleet page at reddit.com/r/sto too