test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion for STF Elite Drop Issues

avitrekavitrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
In the Navy, if you take a promotion exam, pass the test, and do not get promoted (For any number of reasons), you receive PNA points. PNA stands for Passed, Not Advanced. Those points apply to your next test, and are added on top of the next test score.

PWE could apply a similar tactic here. Add a small (Your discretion) token to a player's character, so that for the next STF, they have a slightly higher (Very slight, even) chance of getting that better drop.

Even if a player must go through a hundred STFs before being guaranteed a decent drop, it would still likely be widely accepted and appreciated.

Personally, I have done more than my share of STFs. I do the majority of my STFs on my main character. I have a few of the Run X (number) of Cure/Infected/Khitomer achievements, and have never received a Prototype Tech Drop (Of any kind) on any character. I've been running STFs at an average of about 3 per day since November 2011. It's now June 2012. That long and not a single proto tech drop? That's right up against the wall of unacceptable.

tl;dr:

It's time for a revamp on the drop rates for the higher tier techs. Here's a good starting point.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by avitrek on

Comments

• tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i agree somthing needs to be done but i should tell u that a dev posted somewhere that it will be looked at, i dnt remember wut thread its in but it was fairly recent
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rayezillarayezilla Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    wow, that long? I've been playing for a month and I have looted 2 of each proto tech.
  • mandrake45mandrake45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The random number generator, unfortunately, just hates some people.
    Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
  • pinkpower2012pinkpower2012 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What would be better is if the Yanks stopped posting stupid suggestions to the admins to make the game better for themselves. If they're not winning they're like 'admins help game has a bug/is unfair'. Ive seen so many MMOs go right downhill just because of this.
  • srspellssrspells Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just got my mk 12 set after 376 runs on each map. srry new system is needed.
    -Spells
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader
  • mccarronxldmccarronxld Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What would be better is if the Yanks stopped posting stupid suggestions to the admins to make the game better for themselves. If they're not winning they're like 'admins help game has a bug/is unfair'. Ive seen so many MMOs go right downhill just because of this.

I don't think Americans are the only ones posting about this problem, nor is this an issue that will only benefit them. Your logic has gaping flaws.

This is a serious issue that could stand to be improved for all.

No I am not American.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Simple answer make MK XII items available in shops after all they aren't that great
    Live long and Prosper
  • mccarronxldmccarronxld Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    Simple answer make MK XII items available in shops after all they aren't that great

At this point I'd be all for it. Run those STFs so many times that I hate them passionately. Still don't have any MXII costume drops at all.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."
  • avitrekavitrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

So it's because I live in the United States? That's the only reason I can't get a Prototype Tech drop? Hmm. Maybe I'll move to near you, then.

Also, if you could please explain to me how a change in the drop rate favors me over you, I would appreciate that. I had assumed that drop rate was the same for all. Apparently, those of us in the United States have better drop rates. Who knew?

And just for the record, I got my first Proto Tech drop (Shield) yesterday. Go me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    avitrek wrote: »
    And just for the record, I got my first Proto Tech drop (Shield) yesterday. Go me.

How dare you! Well, glade you finally got to see one :cool:

It took me 3 Elites for my first Shield Proto, I thought: cool, quite common... then over 150 nothing, then got a Proto Salvage.
    100 more STFs, I had my second Proto Shield Tech ... (and over 15 proto salvages ...).
    Now I have achieved every "Finish X times"-accolade there is:
    1/6 Mark XII Space
    0/6 Mark XII Ground

RNG is RNG ... and it hates everyone except the others :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Too convoluted and complex a change, when what should be done is to change the currency for STF items, instead of 3 make it only Very Rare Borg Salvage, and allow purchase of all the items with that currency, including MK12 items.

Assimilated Engine/Shield/Deflector = 1* VRBS
    DOFF = 1* VRBS
    MK10 = 1* VRBS for any normal borg item, 2* for a MACO/OMEGA
    MK11 = 2* VRBS for any normal borg item, 6* for a MACO/OMEGA
    MK12 = 4* VRBS for any normal borg item, 10* for a MACO/OMEGA

*Specific numbers can be adjusted via playtesting to find the appropriate amount.

Increase the Common Borg <Type> Tech drop rate considerably, reduce the Rare Borg <Type> Tech drop rate slightly, and keep the Prototype Borg <Type> Tech rarity as is.

Completion of the Optional bonus should increase the chance of Rare Tech being awarded on Normal, and Very rare on Elite.

This keeps items somewhat uncommon still, but given enough time you can eventually purchase them.