test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

REDALERT (Global Channel for info on all EVENT CONTENT)...

synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
The message of the day will provide you the latest information on all EVENT CONTENT updates...

Players can join the REDALERT global channel in game by pressing Esc, clicking 'Chat Settings' (or by right clicking on top of their chat box to access chat settings), then selecting the 'Channels' tab, followed by typing in REDALERT and finally clicking join.

This channel's topic is EVENT content on the Live server (Holodeck)... You can see which events are occuring by pressing J to access your journal, then clicking on the event images for more info alternatively go to www.stowiki.org/Event. Please do not be rude, insult others, spam, troll or go off topic, thank you.

• Owners: 2

• Admin: 8

• Operators: 7

The channel has 8296 members at present.

Some events are often posted on the forum by pwebranflakes and then hosted via this channel in game.

For more useful channels please visit http://www.stowiki.org/Global_Channel_Directory

For "Borg Invasion Tips and Information!" (click here), credits to Captain Zebular.

1. How to use this channel:

• The channel topic is EVENT CONTENT, so any discussion on this topic is on topic, any discussion not on this topic is off topic.

• General use: Announce events, discuss events and use the channel to find a team to play events.

• Borg (Space): If you see a Red Alert button in the bottom right corner of your screen, tell the other players in this channel the Sector Block name and instance number.

• Borg (Ground): Use the channel to find a team to defend the planet Defera and discuss tactics.

• Please note that you can right click on any other user and choose to 'Ignore' them if necessary.

2. How NOT to use the channel:

• Do not use the channel to claim false Red Alerts, do not discuss anything that is off topic, do not be rude, do not insult other users, do not spam and do not troll the channel.

3. Borg Invasion Notes:

• There are no Red Alert button pop ups in the Eta Eridani, Gamma Orionis, Pelia sector blocks or the exploration clusters/nebulas.

• The Borg will invade every sector block at random intervals on a per instance basis. Look for a Red Alert? button on the lower right side of your screen.

• When a Red Alert button pops up in a sector block instance, you have seven minutes to get to that sector block before the button vanishes.

• The Borg that invade all sector blocks but the Orellius and Zeta Andromedae sector blocks are set to level 45 and everyone that is under level 45 will be bolstered to that level once inside the map.

• Any player above level 45 that enters any Borg Red Alert map aside from those in the Orellius and Zeta Andromedae sector blocks will be bolstered down to level 45.

• The Borg that invade the Zeta Andromedae sector block are level 51. Players will only be bolstered to level 45.

• The Borg that invade the Orellius sector block are level 53. Players will only be bolstered to level 45.

• The Borg enemy in the invasion Deep Space Encounters have no drops but give 5 times XP for kills. This bonus XP stacks with one xp boost and the QXP weekend if its running.

• Players are offered a mission to receive a 15 minute XP boost upon entering the zone.

• There are a significant number of accolades associated with this event.

• There is a daily mission associated with the mission in each sector block, which means 11 daily missions in all. The reward for this daily is either a level appropriate random item or a dilithium container.
Post edited by synthscanner#2101 on

Comments

• towanitowani Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Nice, thanks! :)
    Hi. Apparently I'm new here and joined in Jun 2012. Guess I'm in good company though... seems everyone else joined then too!
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am accolade hunting.

I need to kill Unimatrix 47 ships:
    Two of Ten
    Five of Ten
    Eight of Ten

Which sector block for each? Seems like something that should be the the wiki but I can't find it!
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    To my recollection, those Boss ships are random. So not specific to any one sector incursion.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    psiameese wrote: »
    To my recollection, those Boss ships are random. So not specific to any one sector incursion.

I was also under this impression, but I'm not 100%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited July 2012
    They are completely random. Completely.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's random. That means to get all ten ships, the expected number of runs (50th percentile) is about 30 attempts. Or if you already have 7 of them, it'll take about 18 more tries to get the last 3.

To try to get through more of these attempts, you can try to switch instances (upper right of screen) to kill another boss after the initial one.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Damn . . . Oh well I better get hunting I guess!
  • clearbeardclearbeard Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    On the plus side, you'll have to be horribly unlucky to NOT hit all 10 by the time you've completed the "kill 200 ships in <sector>" accolades for all 10 areas, or the galaxy-wide "kill 2000" version.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is it random? When I had only one left, I also only had one sector veteran accolade left (for completing just one event in that sector, not the 200). I completed the one in that sector, and also got my final Unimatrix accolade.
  • buzzoutbuzzout Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    felderburg wrote: »
    Is it random? When I had only one left, I also only had one sector veteran accolade left (for completing just one event in that sector, not the 200). I completed the one in that sector, and also got my final Unimatrix accolade.

It's random. What you experienced is called a coincidence.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    buzzout wrote: »
    It's random. What you experienced is called a coincidence.

and a very damn good one XD

Yes, the unimatrix ships are completely random.
  • sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What exactly are the boss ships?
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sjamesh wrote: »
    What exactly are the boss ships?

You'll find some detailed information on the vessel via the link below. :)

http://www.stowiki.org/Borg_Command_Ship
  • johnnyransomjohnnyransom Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have been trying to purchase these stupid zen points for three days now and it keeps telling me i need a level 10 character, I have 6 level 50! what gives?!!!! I just want the damned armitage class I dont understand why this so difficult!!!
    Why on earth do we have to jump through 1000 logins and waiting for level 10 characters just to buy a flippin ship or anything else for that matter!
    What was the purpose of getting rid of the simple cstore purchases?!
    And after having played this game from nearly the beginning, taking a break and coming back to this nonsense OF COURSE I'M IRRITATED!
    Not to mention I cannot seem to get any answers to anything
    I'd apprecieate some clarification
    edited October 2012
    Hi johnnyransom,

First, your post is in the wrong thread and completely off topic, all I can do is advise you to email support.

customerservice@perfectworld.com

Second, please do not reply to this message as you will derail this threads topic.
    edited February 2013
    [8:35] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Good afternoon everyone - and Happy 3 years to STO

[8:37] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: I wanted to hop on here to apologize the for the downtime over the last 24 hours - the engineers are tracking down some networking issues this week - we are almost out of the woods

[8:39] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We may be able to spring for some more Dietary Supplments

[8:43] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: The amount of Dilithium players are earning per day is higher than it has ever been...btw

[8:43] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We will consider fused gear along with other crafting ideas when we re-look at crafting in a future update

[8:44] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Crafting is not in the May update - it is after

[8:44] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: RE: Tarantula - wow that would be crazy

[8:44] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: RE: Borg ships - that could be sometime later this year

[8:45] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: The term "Season 8" is dead to me - the next update is bigger than a season

[8:47] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: There is an update in May but I've stopped calling it Season 8 - it is something different

[8:48] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: May release will have a name - has not been revealed yet

[8:49] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We aren't talking about what is in the May update yet. Sorry but no spoilers allowed (yet)

[8:49] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: It would be great to see some ideas on the forums about how to make First Contact Day awesome

[8:50] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: RE: Ruins of Kunark - hahaha nice one

[8:51] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We can't wait to have Denise Crosby back in the studio to work on more episodes with us - that was a blast

[8:52] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Denise is coming back in March to work on more missions with us.

[8:52] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We would love to have more cast members - but it is really tricky with rules

[8:53] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: John DeLancie would be someone we would want to have in if at all possible

[8:54] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Well - they are all "Q" - but it is Q Jr in our game

[8:54] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We'd still like to have John for some episodes

[8:55] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: I don't think you realize how much money my little pony makes

[8:55] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: That is big business compared to little ol' free to play STO

[8:56] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: BTW - we are having our 1st Annual Star Trek Cook Off at work today to celebrate 3 years. We should take pics of the Trek dishes that we made and post them

[8:57] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: we haven't seen the dishes yet - the competition begins at 2:30pm

[8:59] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Bakula would be awesome! We have plans to do some Xindi stuff in a little bit

[8:59] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: little bit = one of our upcoming updates

[9:00] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: I've heard rumor they are working on Suliban but I haven't seen the concepts yet

[9:01] [Admin] Attention Captains: The shard will be coming down for emergency restart in 29 minutes.

[10:13] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Here to answer questions - go ahead and ask

[10:14] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: KDF updates are coming this year - not going to share details yet

[10:14] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Andorian Ship in Feb

[10:14] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Andorian ship might be ship(s)

[10:15] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: There is discussion of Fekhiri story extension, but focus will be on war

[10:15] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Flamethrower is still in qa - needs a few more fixes first

[10:15] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Foundry Spotlight rewards are going to be like normal foundry rewards (aka every mission gives rewards no cooldown) but better than normal foundry - coming in Feb

[10:16] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: RE: Specific Costume Issues - I don' thave specific details on each costume - you'll have to email me at dstahl@crypticstudios.com and I'll dig into each

[10:17] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Server Stability = Way more people than we expected (we expected a lot too) and we had to add more power/db streamlines -

[10:17] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: re: Ship issues or specific bugs =- email me directly and I will dig into each

[10:17] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: RE: Shield modes - interesting idea - I'll pass it to systems guys

[10:18] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Jem Attack Ship may be back soon - working on details

[10:18] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Ambassador is headed to Fleet Store - not C-Store from what I heard

[10:18] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Cryptic does not handle GMs - that is perfect world sorry

[10:18] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Amb. and Odyssey will be coming to Foundry this year

[10:19] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We are discussing more tiers to starbases - no details to share yet

[10:24] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Cryptic does not handle GMs - that is perfect world sorry " What?

[10:19] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We may have multiple ships under you command in space when we hit Fleet Admiral ranks

[10:19] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Inventory space/ship slots is something we are working on for next update

[10:20] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Our next major update is in May - i cannot discuss any details yet

[10:20] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Temporal Ambassador mission will be permanent addition to game - T5 Ambassador is limited time tho

[10:21] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Re: Weapon Stats/Balancing - email me and I'll forward to the math folks

[10:21] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We are looking into additional localizations for STO in 2013 - we haven't confirmed which languages yet, but I've heard possibly Portugeuse as a top contender

[10:22] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Customizeable Kits are on the docket for 2013

[10:22] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We will most likely go to Delta Before Gamma

[10:23] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: PVP Updates is after May update

[10:23] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Server was down to add more capaity for the shard

[10:23] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We have more REps on the way - PVP, Tholians are two at top of list

[10:24] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: T3 Ambassador will be available indefinitely - T5 limited time

[10:24] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: It is a personal goal to get factions to where they need to be - I've said this for years and you'll just have to wait and see

[10:25] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We are considering a kickstarter model for ship designs - just discussions at this point

[10:25] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Re-Trait is in the works - Re-Species is a possibility but we haven't finalized that part yet

[10:26] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Our Fleet is at Level 3 and grinding like the rest of you

[10:26] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Fleet Marks for PvP is a distinct possiblity

[10:26] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Re-Trait will allow you to reset traits and or add more than before

[10:27] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Jem Attack Ship is coming soon - working on details now

[10:27] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Crafting is most likely end of 2013 or early 2014

[10:27] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: New UI that Thomas the Cat is working on is a reskinning and reLCARsing of existing UI - improving - not replcaing

[10:28] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: For bugs, issues, costume comlplaints, etc - email me I don't have all bug status in my head

[10:28] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Yes we are going to 6 day work weeks at least for next two months - we have a lot to do

[10:30][REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We are going to support your choice UI coloring

[10:30] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We are fairly confident the launcher issue from earlier this week is resolved after working all week with the ISPs to track down the routing issues

[10:31] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: More Fleet Ships are coming - I don't have the list

[10:31] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Bridges - Maybe - but they are low priority

[10:31] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Email me if you think a mission timer is wrong - we'll fix it

[10:31] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Delta before Gamma

[10:32] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Galaxy will get Saucer Sep - damnit!

[10:32] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Real customizeable interiors is a goal but about a year off from reality

[10:32] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We do plan to retrofit older events like CE and Kerrate - we may not revamp them, but may take concept and remake them

[10:33] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Bugkeeping is constant - we release bug fixes every week

[10:33] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: I've GOT FAITH OF THE HEART>......

[10:33] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: STFs in the latter part of the year if all goes according to plan

[10:34] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: email me specific cases and fleet info if your fleet is in a weird state - I'll investigate

[10:34] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Foundry on your ship is a ways off

[10:34] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Older Fleet Actions will return at some point once they get remastering

[10:35] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We are going to be adding more costume options for the next big update - more than normal

[10:36] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Kits for KDF could be next season - it is potentially part of kit revamp

[10:36] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We are considering Risa for a future summer event

[10:36] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Character Creation Options are getting an overhaul for next update

[10:37] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We are redoing our Character Creator for May - almost completely remade

[10:37] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We will continue to make missions around Trek - sometimes that will be story - sometimes that will be big ships duking it out

[10:37] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: but we want to stay focused on "TREK"

[10:38] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: No current plans to reduce fleet ship prices

[10:39] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Existing character models will remain valid for next may

[10:39] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We will lean towards fLeet marks being for fleet play only

[10:40] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: we have on our mid-term goals the revamp of BOFF abilities and training along with ship loadouts and ease of training

[10:40] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: If you have bugs that are causing you grief and feel they are criticial -= email me - we have a huge bug database - we continue to squash them weekly

[10:41] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Cryptic Designed Ships are coming - some in May

[10:41] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Refuses to be baited by KDF trolls - I said my peace earlier

[10:42] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: I'll repeat - it is my personal goal to resolve factions in the game. If I coudl say more, I would

[10:42] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: C++

[10:43] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Level cap increases are in design right now - will happen over next 12 months or so

[10:44] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Fleet Admiral will be max skillpoint cap - but there will be alternate advancement and future reps

[10:44] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Fleet Maps for Foundry -= great idea - ZeroniusRex is the person to hit up for that

[10:44] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Season 8 is dead to me - the May Update is bigger than a Season and will be called something else

[10:45] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Silver members will get access to ships at FAdmiral

[10:46] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Crew of Bortasq is part of a potential KDF storyline - no details to share yet

[10:46] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: There will be Seasons in the future - next update is not a season

[10:47] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: May = Big Update, then we go back to season for a while

[10:47] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Lifetime accounts will be on sale a couple times a year - don't have dates on me

[10:48] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Scimitar ship is reserved for any future Romulan Faction

[10:48] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Btw - I have 10 minutes before I have to go - I'm reading and responding as well as I can - if I don't get to your question email me: dstahl@crypticstudios.com

[10:49] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: more emotes - I've heard this is coming but I can't remember which emotes

[10:49] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Classic Retrofits are possibly an idea for future Crafting

[10:49] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Vet Rewards are at max for now, but we may reconsider that in the future

[10:50] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Vulcan ships - hmm... nothing in the works - if you have an idea, share

[10:51] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: New Subscriber Benefits are coming in May update

[10:52] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Captains Table definitely needs love - no eta yet though - other subscriber and lt benefits being dicussed tho

[10:52] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: May update is going to be awesome in my opinion

[10:52] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: the teaser image was pretty cool

[10:52] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Other Trek Game ships are tricky - they must have clearance from CBS for us to use them

[10:53] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Custscene editor for Foundry is something we've discussed but it is a ways off

[10:53] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Optional Objectives for Foundry is something we've always wanted, but it is tricky - we are asking Neverwinter if they can look into it since they have all the Foundry code going on at the moment

[10:54] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Elite Forces was a great game

[10:54] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Ent J is not going to happen according to CBS

[10:54] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Re: Foundry Combat/Non-combat - we are looking into it, but for now rewards are based on other metrics - more filtering may be possible in future tho

[10:55] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Not sure when next Zen sale is - that is all Perfect World

[10:56] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Again - if you didn't get your question answered or you missed the answer I gave previously - email me and I'll do what I can to respond

[10:56] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: I'm not at liberty to discuss May update in detail

[10:56] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Must head out to work - enjoy the anniversary and we'll chat again soon

[10:57] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: AGAIN: EMAIL ME if you really have an issue that you feel is critical - I will do my best to investigate - DSTAHL@CRYPTICSTUDIOS.COM

[10:58] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Thanks - heading out - HERE"S TO 3 MORE YEARS OF STO!!! AND BEYOND!!!
  • mariothebrosmariothebros Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd like to forward a suggestion on conversation over the Red Alert channel.

I notice that people tend to make brief announcement over this channel, telling others about Borg encounter. Example would be, RA in BU#1 confirmed, etc etc.

However, in the spirit of Star Trek and to bring the game closer to the Star Trek world, I think it'd be nicer if we can incorporate the roleplay part in this Red Alert channel. It might seems silly - indeed, I saw someone being ridiculed for doing so - but, if we play STO out of our interest in Star Trek world, it'd feels "that's the way to do it". I'd give some examples on the kind of conversation I talked about as follow:

1. In announcing for Borg Encounter. State your ship name and followed by the announcement. For instance: This is U.S.S. Paramount requesting for an immediate assistance at Beta Ursae #1 (for confirmed encounter). Or, This is U.S.S. Paramount reporting Borg activities in Beta Ursae #1 (for unconfirmed encounter).

2. In reply to an announcement. State your ship name and followed by your action. For instance: This is U.S.S. Paramount acknowledging your request for assistance at Beta Ursae #1. Or, This is U.S.S. Paramount is answering for your immediate assistance.

3. In the case of Borg encounter is over or bugged game play. An exmple would be like: This is U.S.S. Paramaount reporting no more Borg activities in Beta Ursae #1.

Those are only few examples that I'd propose here. Of course, the wording may vary, but to me it'd make the chat channel nicer.

Any thoughts on this would be welcomed. Cheers :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I certainly wouldn't be inclined to penalize anybody for their announcements in REDALERT being in character. As long as it's on topic (which is any events, folks, not just sector Red Alerts), it's welcome. A little casual RP never hurt anybody.

Just keep it on topic and we'll be good.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't be inclined to penalize anybody for their announcements in REDALERT being in character. As long as it's on topic (which is any events, folks, not just sector Red Alerts), it's welcome. A little casual RP never hurt anybody.

Just keep it on topic and we'll be good.

It's true, not a problem at all but there are a number of player's who prefer to keep it simple in REDALERT and you just can't please everyone in a channel this big. I have known some player's to RP in REDALERT but for those player's I created a channel called "Distress Signal" (click the link) a while back that is specifically for roleplayers and only used by roleplayers so there's no break in immersion.

I created that channel for exactly what mariothebros is asking for, it's open to anyone who's interested so if you have friends interested in RP, tell them about it.
  • eelektroeelektro Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeeey one more pug channel :D atleast I will know now where to get ppl if we are short on one player :D
  • bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just joined the channel a few days ago, and I like it.

But...I just have to say that the RedAlert might be bugged and im not the only who's saying this.

When you enter an RedAlert, sometimes it will boot you from the system, and or right be4 the RedAlert ends it will boot you.
    Unless this is what is suppose to happen, IDK.

"This is Admiral BumBleBush...Captain of the R.R.W. Prometheus...I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • matrix0matrix0 Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My understanding is that crew number helps with hull regeneration: The more crews, the faster. However, I think it's point less atm since no matter how many crew members your ship has, they're basically instantly reduce to minimal once you got hit. I don't see any different while flying a cruiser or an escort.

Your take.
  • twistedvaldrantwistedvaldran Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    love this channel
  • herauxheraux Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Where can we post new ideas about missions ?
    for i think there are people that have some and
    want to share .. .
  • malaksilvermalaksilver Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    thanks for the info
    http://www.thefortunebooks.com/ -check it out its awesome